Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Derek Chauvin trial

Derek Chauvin trial

Old Mar 31st 2021, 6:32 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Derek Chauvin trial

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
He either gets off, or it damns the whole system.
Better add "Eternal Optimist" to your list of qualifications
Old Mar 31st 2021, 6:34 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Good Lord, Rev Al Sharpton whipping up the mob to view this not as trial of Chauvin, but as a trial on black equality.
In so many ways, he'd be right.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Sharpton is a horrid little man. He always tries to do the same at every opportunity.
Jesus fracking Christ.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 6:35 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Better add "Eternal Optimist" to your list of qualifications
I didnt say thats how it will be viewed by many. We know it wont.
Old Mar 31st 2021, 6:38 pm
Fair and balanced

No it is not. I was just stating that the cops had tried to get him in the back of the car but he resisted. Sad because had he complied, he most probably would not have died that day.
resisted has many synonyms, and other words describing a reluctance to do something, I assume the defense will be using resisted.,
Old Mar 31st 2021, 6:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Jesus fracking Christ.
Huh?
Old Apr 1st 2021, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

I have been watching YouTube lately and a lot of American police camera action! And maybe understand the way the police behave a little more, I am just glad i have nothing to do with law enforcement!!!
Old Apr 1st 2021, 1:19 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
I have been watching YouTube lately and a lot of American police camera action! And maybe understand the way the police behave a little more, I am just glad i have nothing to do with law enforcement!!!
They (both the police and the public) do seem to enjoy the wild west mentality.
Old Apr 1st 2021, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

The paramedics testified today.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/01/us/ge...y-4/index.html

Floyd was asystole when paramedics began working on him, and his status never changed.

According to this, less than 2% of people in asystole are revived.
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 2:14 pm
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
The paramedics testified today.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/01/us/ge...y-4/index.html

Floyd was asystole when paramedics began working on him, and his status never changed.

According to this, less than 2% of people in asystole are revived.
Saw a bit of that testimony.

One thing I didn't understand on the dashcam footage is why when they were forcing him in the squad car, they did not have the opposite side door closed/locked (the one 'escaped from). He was at one stage in the car.

Old Apr 2nd 2021, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a bit of that testimony.

One thing I didn't understand on the dashcam footage is why when they were forcing him in the squad car, they did not have the opposite side door closed/locked (the one 'escaped from). He was at one stage in the car.
This isn't going to help Chauvin, fellow officers testimony the last couple of days might get him convicted at this rate.

"Kneeling on the neck of someone who is handcuffed and in the prone position is "top-tier, deadly" force and should not be used, the head of the Minneapolis Police Department's homicide division testified Friday at Derek Chauvin's murder trial."

Pleoger testified Thursday that officers are trained to roll people on their side to help with their breathing after they have been restrained in the prone position. He said the officers could have ended their restraint of Floyd after he stopped resisting.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/chauvi...mony-1.5974400

Old Apr 3rd 2021, 1:55 pm
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
This isn't going to help Chauvin, fellow officers testimony the last couple of days might get him convicted at this rate.

"Kneeling on the neck of someone who is handcuffed and in the prone position is "top-tier, deadly" force and should not be used, the head of the Minneapolis Police Department's homicide division testified Friday at Derek Chauvin's murder trial."

Pleoger testified Thursday that officers are trained to roll people on their side to help with their breathing after they have been restrained in the prone position. He said the officers could have ended their restraint of Floyd after he stopped resisting.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/chauvi...mony-1.5974400
It's certainly looking like murder over manslaughter. Hopefully the defense is not going to claim DC was in some kind of crowd induced trance or something.
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 2:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It's certainly looking like murder over manslaughter. Hopefully the defense is not going to claim DC was in some kind of crowd induced trance or something.
The photo of him with his hand in his pocket, looking so arrogant, makes me so angry. Hopefully that will go a long way in convicting him.
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 3:09 pm
F.orum Ape

The photo of him with his hand in his pocket, looking so arrogant, makes me so angry. Hopefully that will go a long way in convicting him.
If that's Exhibit 17, I know what you mean. What a piece of work.
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 4:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

If that's Exhibit 17, I know what you mean. What a piece of work.
I should have said ‘showing he was kneeling on GF’s neck’...
Old Apr 4th 2021, 10:17 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Floyd's past is irrelevant. All that matters is what happened that day. Floyd's behavior, both before the police were called and later when they were trying to arrest him, is relevant to what may have motivated the police to act in a certain way. If Floyd happened to die in the process of resisting arrest (due to heart disease or drug overdose) and police were following best practices, then we probably wouldn't even be having this conversation. For example, when police tase a suspect and that causes the suspect have a heart attack, the police are not accused of murder. That's because the taser is an accepted use of force. We can debate whether tasers should be used but I can't see that it's fair to give a cop a taser and then be shocked when he uses it. The issue is not that Floyd might have done something wrong, we know Floyd did lots of stuff wrong OBVIOUSLY that's why he was most likely headed to prison. The question in front of the jury is did Chauvin do something wrong? Was the method that Chauvin used illegal? If Chauvin did something wrong, and I believe he did, then the same standard should apply to him ... break the law and you go to jail.
If the police encounter a suspect who they know has multiple violent crime convictions including armed violent crime convictions, it seems likely the the arresting police will treat that suspect differently than someone who has no violent crime convictions in their past. This becomes even more likely when the suspect is resisting arrest and clearly intoxicated. Floyd's past may be inadmissible in court, but it's relevant to what happened that day. I have no idea if the police knew about Floyd's past, but it certainly seems likely. Also, in my opinion, the media skating over Floyd's fairly horrible past because it complicates the story is yet another example of why lots of people don't like the media.

Just to clarify my perspective on this: I believe Chauvin should be convicted of a crime. We can't live in a country where police kneel on people's necks for ten minutes. I also think it's going to be fairly difficult to convict Chauvin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.