Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Defund The Police

Defund The Police

Old Aug 19th 2020, 1:48 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Defund The Police

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Similarly Boilers are normally quite useful.
This election season, I often do a double take - I’m constantly bombarded with email from a Dr. Bolier ... I believe she’s a democratic senate candidate, rather than a BE poster.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 3:03 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
I could give you a comparable example:

North Korea (Korean: 조선, MR: Chosŏn; literally 북조선, MR: Pukchosŏn, or 북한/北韓, RR: Bukhan in South Korean usage), officially the Democratic People's Republic of Korea

It is democratic, it is a republic what is there not to like?

Then there is the Party of Democratic Kampuchea, best known for the killing fields.
What?
Old Aug 19th 2020, 3:08 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
What?
What Boiler is trying to say is the letters A N T I F A are the lost letters of the Hangul alphabet rediscovered by Kim Jong Un
Old Aug 19th 2020, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
This election season, I often do a double take - I’m constantly bombarded with email from a Dr. Bolier ... I believe she’s a democratic senate candidate, rather than a BE poster.
Barbara Bollier. Unlike our Boiler, she's not a troll, but someone who saw the light of day and quit the Republican Party in Kansas and is running for Democratic senator. I saw her speak last week and she's pretty smart. So she probably will lose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Bollier
Old Aug 19th 2020, 4:05 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Do we have a poster called Boiler? Never heard of them, they mustn't be very interesting.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 5:21 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
Barbara Bollier. Unlike our Boiler, she's not a troll, but someone who saw the light of day and quit the Republican Party in Kansas and is running for Democratic senator. I saw her speak last week and she's pretty smart. So she probably will lose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Bollier
That’s the one. I gave her $25 hoping she’d leave me alone, but of course that’s not how it works ...
Old Aug 19th 2020, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

This may have been answered in different threads which I could have missed but 'Antifa'. That means Anti Fascist, yes? So why are they considered bad? Shouldn't everyone be Anti Fascist? What am I missing?
I thought someone credited you recently with something along the lines of "completely getting" the USA?

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
I could give you a comparable example:

North Korea (Korean: 조선, MR: Chosŏn; literally 북조선, MR: Pukchosŏn, or 북한/北韓, RR: Bukhan in South Korean usage), officially the Democratic People's Republic of Korea

It is democratic, it is a republic what is there not to like?

Then there is the Party of Democratic Kampuchea, best known for the killing fields.
Yep. Good examples.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 8:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
I thought someone credited you recently with something along the lines of "completely getting" the USA?
Did they? That's nice but possibly misguided as I've never made any such assumptions about myself. The country is far too large and complicated for anyone, especially someone who doesn't live and breathe the place on a daily basis, to understand. It's why I prefer to ask questions of locals rather than trying to tell locals how things are.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 3:57 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post

You referring to me? Well it's being taken out of context but what I actually said was "I don't dismiss everyone out of the US as being clueless - I can tell you moneypenny probably knows more than most Americans, she has to listen to me rant several times a day - but sometimes it's hard to know who's telling the real story if you're not following everything that's out there."

If you want to translate that as "completely getting", far enough.

You're not clueless either, paulry, you just choose to ignore facts that don't fit your narrative.

Old Aug 20th 2020, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Did they? That's nice but possibly misguided as I've never made any such assumptions about myself. The country is far too large and complicated for anyone, especially someone who doesn't live and breathe the place on a daily basis, to understand. It's why I prefer to ask questions of locals rather than trying to tell locals how things are.
Hopefully someone who lives and breathes the place will be along shortly to answer your question. And I would love to know why that group behaves like the people it claims to oppose.
Old Aug 20th 2020, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kooky. View Post
You referring to me? Well it's being taken out of context but what I actually said was "I don't dismiss everyone out of the US as being clueless - I can tell you moneypenny probably knows more than most Americans, she has to listen to me rant several times a day - but sometimes it's hard to know who's telling the real story if you're not following everything that's out there."

If you want to translate that as "completely getting", far enough.

You're not clueless either, paulry, you just choose to ignore facts that don't fit your narrative.
"Knows more than most Americans" is either quite damning of most Americans or very indicative that moneypenny has great knowledge of the US ....or somewhere in between. It suggests that you think she has at least a very good understanding of the place - which I'm not saying is not possible but the question she asked suggests her understanding is not as good as it was claimed by you to be.

If I venture to ansser her question, I would say there are so many moving parts of conflicting interest groups doing their damnedest to prevail in the USA, truth is the biggest casualty. And that explains Antifa. They have an agenda and use the name to hide their true agenda. Just like that construct that calls itself "Black Lives Matter", which most people know black lives mattering is a long way down on their priority list - if it is even a priority at all. It's just a cover. If their names truly reflected their agendas and behaviours they would be very differently named - and have close to zero appeal to most of those who currently support them.
Old Aug 21st 2020, 12:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Does nto sound to me unusual at all, just thing of the competing groups in the Weimar period, interestingly many changed sides, when push comes to shove there is very little between them.
Old Sep 22nd 2020, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wow, look how Don Lemon tries his damnedest to suppress the inconvenient truth.

Old Sep 22nd 2020, 12:22 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes, videos by Prager University. Founded in 2009 by conservative radio talk show host Dennis Prager and radio producer and screenwriter Allen Estrin and NOT a university in any shape or form, does not hold classes, grant certifications or diplomas, and is not accredited by any recognized body and a history of deceptive videos.
Old Sep 22nd 2020, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Ah yes, videos by Prager University. Founded in 2009 by conservative radio talk show host Dennis Prager and radio producer and screenwriter Allen Estrin and NOT a university in any shape or form, does not hold classes, grant certifications or diplomas, and is not accredited by any recognized body and a history of deceptive videos.
So like Clinton News.

I do worry about Don.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.