Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus

Coronavirus

Old Mar 26th 2020, 11:11 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by johnwoo View Post
My girlfriend and I used to write to each other everyday, I used to look forward to those letters, especially were she kissed the back of the letters leaving the impression of her red lipstick kiss. Somehow a text is just not the same.
SWALK!

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I think it's unfair to say it stops people from talking to the ones they're with. People just interact with each other in different ways now, and there is plenty of face-to-face going on.
That's why I put 'stops' since it doesn't actually prevent them, it just allows it. And that's fine too, if that's what you want and you're both at it. But why go to the pub, say, with someone and then spend much of the time talking with someone not there rather than the one who is?

Remember when people first had mobile phones and everyone used to take the piss at someone on the bus telling someone they were on the bus and home in 5 minutes - just like every other night of the week on the commute home.

Them were the days
Old Mar 26th 2020, 11:13 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
People have been taking nude photos probably as long as there have been cameras with which to take them 
Handy things these

Old Mar 26th 2020, 11:24 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
Anyway - how sure are you that RIGHT NOW, those 'great ins-store offers' are actually on offer? I was fully expecting all discounts to be suspended as a result of this (though I was amused to see, on some of the more important items, 'buy 2 get 1 free' type offers!). There are big signs up at my shopping places about suspension of rain checks, no returns, etc. I just assumed heavy discounting would cease for a while, other than perhaps on real dud products they need to clear out!
The flyers arrived as normal and so did my email with all the bonus points on the loyalty card for certain purchases made this week. The owner of the main store has already emailed guaranteeing they'll be operating as normal regarding prices and offers and not putting anything up.

I've also made comparisons at other times and the in person shop always saves more than the cost a taxi both ways. No coupons involved, never use rain checks and I'm not even including the reduced prices for stuff nearing the best before date.

It helps to have a lot of freezer space
Old Mar 26th 2020, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

One hospital in NY is trying out 2 patients on one ventilator.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6738273/n...PX7Gwa6P-zAWPg
Old Mar 27th 2020, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian woman in Calgary who is in hospital talks a bit about her experience. (FB Link)
Old Mar 27th 2020, 12:07 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Where is everybody today...have they gone away for the weekend?
I started my secondment to the Health Department yesterday. I'm working in logistics. I know nothing about logistics! Anyway it's 12 hour days, 6 days on, 4 off. Right now I'm on a nearly empty train heading to my second day of trying to figure out what I'm doing. On the plus side I'm out of the acute hospital setting and I've got a job still. Oh, and overtime pay.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 12:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Old Mar 27th 2020, 12:09 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...irus-frontline

Old Mar 27th 2020, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Where is everybody today...have they gone away for the weekend?
The entire internet seems slow, well everywhere I frequent. Seems when people don't go into the office anymore things slow down, shows how many do most of their surfing at work...ha ha

The boredom is what is getting to me the most, I can only watch so many you tube videos in a day...

I did apply for some jobs at grocery stores, I imagine a great deal of other people did as well. Really just grocery stores and old folks homes hiring these days, oh an Amazon but they build their facilities too far from the city to commute to from our area.

If only I had some ativan 3-4 of those little pills and I can sleep for hours, or olanzapine that stuff knocks me out for 16 hours easy.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 12:40 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I wish that site would have the "tested" number on there as well, then it might start meaning a lot more.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
I wish that site would have the "tested" number on there as well, then it might start meaning a lot more.
I think the tested numbers are probably hard to find accurately, in BC they only release the total tested once per week, but release the number of new cases once per day.

For BC as of 2 days ago we are at 31,739 tested. (BC doesn't break the tests down positive and negative)

WA state is at
46,380 tested with 3,207 positive which is according to their a rate of 7% as of today at 3:45pm local time.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

With so many places going no cash, the poor & homeless are having more and more difficulty obtaining the things they need as the poorest in society tend to not have bank accounts and rely on cash. With nearly everything closed even finding a bathroom is difficult for the homeless these days.

Old Mar 27th 2020, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

45 minute drive to the nearest Supermarket that will take cash.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 1:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

With so many places going no cash, the poor & homeless are having more and more difficulty obtaining the things they need as the poorest in society tend to not have bank accounts and rely on cash. With nearly everything closed even finding a bathroom is difficult for the homeless these days.
Not just that, many of America's poorest rely on charity. My local food bank is out of food apparently, no donations coming in because everyone is cutting back.
Old Mar 27th 2020, 1:46 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

One hospital in NY is trying out 2 patients on one ventilator.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6738273/n...PX7Gwa6P-zAWPg
I hope it works out better than when those 2 girls tried to share a cup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.