Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Climate-change predictions

Climate-change predictions

Old Oct 17th 2019, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Climate-change predictions

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
I can't work out whether Gordon is the most ineffectual and transparent troll ever or just thick.
Personal insults must have served you well in life, whatever-your-name-is, for you to splash them around so freely. Nice work. Easier just to stay off my thread, surely. I should have put you on the Ignore List long before this, I guess.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 11:11 pm
Used to be Seasider

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post
This (link below) is also interesting, and probably relevant. Just by the way... I began this thread for people with open minds, not those who go along with whatever the current prejudices are. And it will profit us more if we read and listen to everybody, not just those who present themselves as experts - and certainly not those who don't question what's fed to them. I've said I "lean towards" the global cooling, but BE members who jump to the conclusion that I believe it are wrong, and hopelessly illogical. I do not accept that "climate change" must mean that the argument for either cooling or heating is settled. Anyone who believes that the science is settled is a damn fool. As for man-made climate change, well, it's a long way from being proven, and from being settled. Those who believe it is, should not show their ignorance on this thread.
https://www.newscientist.com/article...m_content=news
Make your mind up, Gordon, or do you want an open discussion only if we don't disagree with you? And you have free rein to insult us but not the other way around?

For the record I don't agree with you, but I honestly can't be arsed to argue with you.
Old Oct 18th 2019, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kooky. View Post
Make your mind up, Gordon, or do you want an open discussion only if we don't disagree with you? And you have free rein to insult us but not the other way around?

For the record I don't agree with you, but I honestly can't be arsed to argue with you.

Ummmm just observing that 'at least' the last five posts ALL insulted Gordon Seem to have got the who is trolling who a bit mixed up here. people...Mentioning 'Russia' shouldn't get the automatic response that its Putin thats behind the research. Just as mentioning the USA shouldn't have us all deciding that its that mad b****r Trump at it again.
My prof brother is very much in agreement with many scientists , that the world is in the begin phase of another mini ice age.
I feel we should just get on with what we can actually manage ,rather than screaming'The sky is falling Th sky is falling. No1 we can start to think about whether there will be any humans left by the time these catastrophes are supposed to happen. World health is now studying whether it is PM2.5 particule pollution, on an enormous scale that is causing diabetes 2 in virtually the whole of the adult population in the USA over the age of 40 yrs.Certainly research seems to indicate that those with Diabetes 2 have large amounts in their blood streams. To you and me thats us being poisoned every day with the air we breath... No need to worry about climate change then
Old Oct 18th 2019, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Climate control protester dragged off underground train in Camden London and given a talking to and kick up the ass. Hooray for the little people going to work and are pissed off with that, with out this dick trying to glue himself to the train and costing them money
Old Oct 18th 2019, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Ummmm just observing that 'at least' the last five posts ALL insulted Gordon Seem to have got the who is trolling who a bit mixed up here. people...Mentioning 'Russia' shouldn't get the automatic response that its Putin thats behind the research. Just as mentioning the USA shouldn't have us all deciding that its that mad b****r Trump at it again.
My prof brother is very much in agreement with many scientists , that the world is in the begin phase of another mini ice age.
I feel we should just get on with what we can actually manage ,rather than screaming'The sky is falling Th sky is falling. No1 we can start to think about whether there will be any humans left by the time these catastrophes are supposed to happen. World health is now studying whether it is PM2.5 particule pollution, on an enormous scale that is causing diabetes 2 in virtually the whole of the adult population in the USA over the age of 40 yrs.Certainly research seems to indicate that those with Diabetes 2 have large amounts in their blood streams. To you and me thats us being poisoned every day with the air we breath... No need to worry about climate change then
Research statistics are different (as always)--- there has been shown to be a variable percentage increase where there is high PM2.5 pollution.
The main reason for increase in diabetes 2 is diet!!! Particularly in USA, also India where it is an epidemic! In the latter intake of sugar is vast across income groups.

Old Oct 18th 2019, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Climate control protester dragged off underground train in Camden London and given a talking to and kick up the ass. Hooray for the little people going to work and are pissed off with that, with out this dick trying to glue himself to the train and costing them money
A little pedantic I know but it was Canning Town I believe

Last edited by johnwoo; Oct 18th 2019 at 11:30 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Research statistics are different (as always)--- there has been shown to be a variable percentage increase where there is high PM2.5 pollution.
The main reason for increase in diabetes 2 is diet!!! Particularly in USA, also India where it is an epidemic! In the latter intake of sugar is vast across income groups.
I agree..that its diet... The food chain has a lot to answer for there. Sugar is put into everything . when you consider that the human body uses less than a teaspoon full of glucose per day..which it easily makes itself.. sugar is an unwanted addition..one the liver struggles with .. it manages reasonable well until you hit your late 30's early 40's then it gives up and pass's it as Insulin.. You then become Insulin resistant ie diabetic ...which in turn leads to heart disease as its stored in your arteries as calcified deposits ...That PM2.5 is found in high levels in those with diabetes 2 is suggesting that it could be an accelerant of some sort to the already damaged liver function. ie helping the particles to pass through to the blood stream.Haven't even begun on the trans fats that should have been banned in the 60's.. and yet still have been given 5 more years to be removed from foods . That the government knows they are pure poison says a lot about where their priorities lie
Lots more 'unbiased' research needs to be done to avert what is looking like becoming a major catastrophe if the food chain ,Big Agri.. and Big Pharma are allowed to carry on ignoring it and or making obscene profits out of it
Old Oct 20th 2019, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much what I have experienced, sugar wasn't a major issue in my younger days and wasn't something I ever thought about, now however it is. I am well aware I have a sugar addiction and working on cutting as much out of my diet as I can, made the mistake the first time of doing it cold turkey but failed, so this time around cutting down slowly so I don't have the negative effects of cold turkey.

My levels are already showing improvement, mine were never out of this world high and not at high risk for diabetes yet, but 10 more years probably would, and its something I am wanting to actively avoid so taking steps to change while I still can.

My sisters husband is type 2 but refuses to change, I will be surprised if he makes it to 50 at the rate he is going.

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
I agree..that its diet... The food chain has a lot to answer for there. Sugar is put into everything . when you consider that the human body uses less than a teaspoon full of glucose per day..which it easily makes itself.. sugar is an unwanted addition..one the liver struggles with .. it manages reasonable well until you hit your late 30's early 40's then it gives up and pass's it as Insulin.. You then become Insulin resistant ie diabetic ...which in turn leads to heart disease as its stored in your arteries as calcified deposits ...That PM2.5 is found in high levels in those with diabetes 2 is suggesting that it could be an accelerant of some sort to the already damaged liver function. ie helping the particles to pass through to the blood stream.Haven't even begun on the trans fats that should have been banned in the 60's.. and yet still have been given 5 more years to be removed from foods . That the government knows they are pure poison says a lot about where their priorities lie
Lots more 'unbiased' research needs to be done to avert what is looking like becoming a major catastrophe if the food chain ,Big Agri.. and Big Pharma are allowed to carry on ignoring it and or making obscene profits out of it
Old Oct 20th 2019, 6:27 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
It isn't "claimed". It's real. And it's happening largely because of the things you mention. It's all one conversation.
It is indeed. As this wonderful person has long advocated https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50066895 I suppose someone will now come back and say Mr Attenborough doesn't know what he's talking about, but of course they do
Old Oct 20th 2019, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

I woke up this morning to snow, last winter was the nastiest I have seen and this summer was not that good.

Anyway surely the point is if you know or believe something nasty is going to happen then maybe you should plan for those consequences.

Not convinced that clambering on to the top of tube trains during Rush Hour actually achieves anything.

The religious aspect intrigues me, seems a new religion, sakes some sort of inner desire from many who have moved away from conventional religion.
Old Oct 20th 2019, 6:38 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post

Anyway surely the point is if you know or believe something nasty is going to happen then maybe you should plan for those consequences.
Isn't doing all you can to avoid that nasty thing happening, or at least doing all you can to mitigate it, a more sensible thing to do?
Old Oct 20th 2019, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Isn't doing all you can to avoid that nasty thing happening, or at least doing all you can to mitigate it, a more sensible thing to do?
The King Canute approach?

Old Oct 20th 2019, 6:45 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
There's nothing the UK can do to mitigate it, all they can do is prepare for what is going to happen.

Tragedy of the commons.
Old Oct 20th 2019, 9:17 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
There's nothing the UK can do to mitigate it, all they can do is prepare for what is going to happen.

Tragedy of the commons.
I agree with this post and your previous one about the problem being too many people wanting too good a life.

Knowing what is going to happen so that it can be prepared for is the trick.
Old Oct 20th 2019, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Used one of those predictor websites for sea level rise, according to their map, 2c rise in temperatures will put our apartment at ocean front property. We are about 2 1/2 blocks from the port. Doesn't give a time frame of how long it would take to rise to get those 2 1/2 blocks though, but Vancouver according to that map will be a cluster if nothing is done, and those predictions are correct.

If I make it to 75-80, suppose I will see if some of these predictions become reality if solutions are found.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.