Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Brexit changes

Brexit changes

Old May 4th 2021, 7:47 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit changes

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Would you buy a used tractor from this man?
Old May 4th 2021, 9:20 am
Overkill is underrated

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j View Post
Well, let's assume that you're posing a question worthy of consideration, after all we have to be fair and balanced.
We must ask ourselves the following questions:
1. Is it true that the sun rises in the west?
2. Is it true that the sun orbits England.
Now there is evidence for all to see that the sun does not rise in the west so (1) is False.
However the sun orbits the earth and England is situated on the earth so the sun does indeed orbit England, so (2) is True.
As one part of the logical 'A AND B' expression is False then the overall expression is False.

All questions, even frivolous questions are worth considering because of what they tell us about the questioner, in your case it tells me that you must have got up early this morning following a late night the night before.
Here's something to consider... It only rises in the east because that's the word used to describe that direction. It could easily have been any or=ther word used. Semantics, but still...

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
So, the sun doesn't rise in the West? You're sure about that?

​​​​​​At around 13:00 Hong Kong time, the sun will be rising in England, which is quite a bit west of Hong Kong. Despite the common assumption that it only rises in the east. But if you really want to believe the sun rises in the west... there's a way to rationalise it.
I love Philosophy...
Old May 4th 2021, 10:46 am
Banned

sleazeyUK.21 is an unknown quantity at this point

No, the sun doesn't rise in the west, on the earth at least, in fact I'm willing to believe that it never has.
I think you'd agree with me that that's the case, unless of course there was some reason to demonstrate the opposite in which case you'd think up some conundrum like this one where you'd be able to argue that the sun could rise in both the east and west simultaneously.

"No change there then" I hear myself say.
Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
So, the sun doesn't rise in the West? You're sure about that?

​​​​​​At around 13:00 Hong Kong time, the sun will be rising in England, which is quite a bit west of Hong Kong. Despite the common assumption that it only rises in the east. But if you really want to believe the sun rises in the west... there's a way to rationalise it.
Well, let's assume that you're posing a question worthy of consideration, after all we have to be fair and balanced.
We must ask ourselves the following questions:
1. Is it true that the sun rises in the west?
2. Is it true that the sun orbits England.
Now there is evidence for all to see that the sun does not rise in the west so (1) is False.
However the sun orbits the earth and England is situated on the earth so the sun does indeed orbit England, so (2) is True.
As one part of the logical 'A AND B' expression is False then the overall expression is False.

All questions, even frivolous questions are worth considering because of what they tell us about the questioner, in your case it tells me that you must have got up early this morning following a late night the night before.
Pardon me, but as the New Leveller here, may I just point out that it all depends on; -
1. the rotation of the planet on which you stand - ALL planets in our System rotate counter-clockwise except two, Venus and Ur anus
2. The attitude by your view of the Sun - The Sun's gases rotation, while counter clockwise are Differential, faster at it's equator, slower at the poles.

Thus, if you live on a planet which rotates counter clockwise and insist on living on an island which still believes it has an Empire and World Position, it may appear that the sun rises in the West and revolves around it solely for that purpose, though of course it's an illusion, generated by your delusions.
Old May 4th 2021, 11:04 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

If this goes on, we're going to need a donor to pay for all these metaphors.
Old May 4th 2021, 11:07 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I was thinking along simile lines.
Old May 4th 2021, 11:12 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Old May 4th 2021, 11:57 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Kebab?
Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Your euphemisim is contagious.

Old May 4th 2021, 12:27 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Your euphemisim is contagious.
The postilion has been struck by lightning.
Old May 4th 2021, 3:48 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sleazeyUK.21 View Post
Pardon me, but as the New Leveller here, may I just point out that it all depends on; -
1. the rotation of the planet on which you stand - ALL planets in our System rotate counter-clockwise except two,
Two points of note:
1. In post #3131 I qualify my post by stating that it does apply to the Earth.
2. The original question that started all of this was "Does the sun orbit England" to which I made the reply Yes.
However, the smart among you, and I since none picked this up, I'll assume there aren't any, the sun doesn't orbit the earth, or england. It orbits the black hole at the centre of the galaxy. It's the earth that orbits the sun. QED

Old May 4th 2021, 4:45 pm
Overkill is underrated

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

However, the smart among you, and I since none picked this up, I'll assume there aren't any, the sun doesn't orbit the earth, or england. It orbits the black hole at the centre of the galaxy. It's the earth that orbits the sun. QED
According to science, you're correct... From the position of the average person on the planet, the Sun revolves around the earth..

Which leads us back to Brexit... A large group of bodies revolvong around a common point, and a minor speck that wouldn't be where it is without being part of that larger group. Would earth be habitable if it weren't where it is?
Old May 4th 2021, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Post Brexit deal----finalised at virtual summit.

PM Modi, UK's Johnson hold virtual summit, vow to more than double bilateral trade by 2030 (republicworld.com)

Liz Truss: Leaving EU made signing £1bn India trade deal easier - LBC

Last edited by Bipat; May 4th 2021 at 5:19 pm. Reason: A link not working
Old May 4th 2021, 5:41 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

You mean to say ;
UK caved in on immigration :
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...migration-deal

And right after that Modi agrees on a "Comprehensive Strategic Partnership".

Truss is up to her usual lying since France signed a deal with India, worth $16bn in 2018 whilst, afaik, still in the EU.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN1GM088

Funniest thing is the immigration agreement though
Fingers crossed Brexiteers like that !
Old May 4th 2021, 5:47 pm
Who - me?

The original question that started all of this was "Does the sun orbit England" to which I made the reply Yes.
However, the smart among you, and I since none picked this up, I'll assume there aren't any....

Old May 4th 2021, 5:54 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sleazeyUK.21 View Post
1. the rotation of the planet on which you stand - ALL planets in our System rotate counter-clockwise except two, Venus and Ur anus
2. The attitude by your view of the Sun - The Sun's gases rotation, while counter clockwise are Differential, faster at it's equator, slower at the poles.

Thus, if you live on a planet which rotates counter clockwise and insist on living on an island which still believes it has an Empire and World Position, it may appear that the sun rises in the West and revolves around it solely for that purpose, though of course it's an illusion, generated by your delusions.
Counter clockwise? That depends on which pole you're viewing it from.
Old May 4th 2021, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
You mean to say ;
UK caved in on immigration :
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...migration-deal

And right after that Modi agrees on a "Comprehensive Strategic Partnership".

Truss is up to her usual lying since France signed a deal with India, worth $16bn in 2018 whilst, afaik, still in the EU.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN1GM088

Funniest thing is the immigration agreement though
Fingers crossed Brexiteers like that !
1) "Caved in" on immigration----not sure what you mean?
The fast tracking of business visas is already in place, also the encouragement of students ---brings in money in fees!
The removal of illegal migrants was discussed by Mrs May previously.
A points based system means more choice of skilled, what is the problem with that?

2) Truss said "easier" ---how is that "lying" ? Remember this deal is a precursor to a FTD.

Also, what about the investment in vaccine production, nasal Covid vaccine?

Last edited by Bipat; May 4th 2021 at 6:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.