Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

The Black Lives Matter movement

The Black Lives Matter movement

Old Jun 30th 2020, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Black Lives Matter movement

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
So what are you doing to help then?
Nothing, apart from my armchair SJW thing, as I freely admit.

But I'm not criticizing the very existence of BLM movement.

Old Jun 30th 2020, 4:07 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watchpost View Post
Nothing, apart from my armchair SJW thing, as I freely admit.

But I'm not criticizing the very existence of BLM movement.
BLM should not be the only show in town - which is what appears to be the case at the moment.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 4:09 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post
No, you're not interested in anything contrary to your opinion: https://www.kmov.com/news/experts-ex...1e9df592a.html
That link is not available to me..... but then, as I said, i'm not the one making false claims.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
That link is not available to me..... but then, as I said, i'm not the one making false claims.
Sorry you can't read it, just google. The short version is they was probably justified.

Shame you think stating the truth is "making false claims", tells us more about you than your opinion.

Old Jun 30th 2020, 4:21 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
BLM should not be the only show in town - which is what appears to be the case at the moment.
Are black people doing too much or not enough? I am falling behind, I cant keep up with your scatter gun.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 4:27 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
For those on the wrong side of history, for the conservatives, its always "back then" was good to protest, was acceptable to protest, but not now, now is good, now everything is good, lucky to be born in a time of post-protest, the only time in history when protest is not needed. Its always good to ask yourself who would you have been at particular points of history. If you object now,you would have objected then, if you accept now, you would have accepted then.Its what it means to be conservative.That they look back at times when conservatism lost, is a good indicator that they are wrong. conservatives think every fight that they lost, that it was right that they lost, except the present one, they are sure that if they lose this one, this last one, then for sure the sky will fall.

Equally, we seem to be seeing a heck of a lot of things saying how awful the "left" are...... but let's think about when the "right" have been in power, eh? Shall we ask my wife's family how it was to be under constant threat of arrest and to know people who had been tortured for criticising the regime?..... not communist, but fascist, not left, but right, very conservative, very pro religion and the family.... sounds familiar, eh? All smelling of roses then, wasn't it? The point is, anyone wanting change in the USA is automatically labelled "leftist" or even "marxist" or even, heaven forfend "liberal" (which can only be seen as bad through the goggles of the "right") All asking for the moon and the stars (as well as threatening the constitution, mom and dad and apple pie).
Old Jun 30th 2020, 4:32 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry you can't read it, just google. The short version is they was probably justified.

Shame you think stating the truth is "making false claims", tells us more about you than your opinion.
I took a look at your link, it seemed undecided.
Amman said "not allow you to aim a gun unless there was some threat", I saw no threat, maybe there was, that has not been shown yet, I also understand that some will think the presence of the great unwashed posses a threat in itself.
Flint said "Its illegal in Missouri to display a gun in an angry or threatening manner" I can see that there will be people on both sides of this too.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 4:37 pm
Resident Cynic

It's on YouTube... but I disagree that it says they were probably justified... it says it is still under unvestigation and that no threats had been heard that justify a claim of intimidation. Given the line between being unarmed and aiming a weapon.... where do you think this "obviously terrified" couple stand?

You suggested it was the owners right to threaten with weapons, amongst other things. I proved that incorrect.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
I took a look at your link, it seemed undecided.
Amman said "not allow you to aim a gun unless there was some threat", I saw no threat, maybe there was, that has not been shown yet, I also understand that some will think the presence of the great unwashed posses a threat in itself.
Flint said "Its illegal in Missouri to display a gun in an angry or threatening manner" I can see that there will be people on both sides of this too.
You saw no threat? That's great, which person were you in the video?

It's going to take a really shitty DA to attempt to prosecute those two lawyers. But it happens.

Old Jun 30th 2020, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's on YouTube... but I disagree that it says they were probably justified... it says it is still under unvestigation and that no threats had been heard that justify a claim of intimidation. Given the line between being unarmed and aiming a weapon.... where do you think this "obviously terrified" couple stand?

You suggested it was the owners right to threaten with weapons, amongst other things. I proved that incorrect.
lol, you got legal advice from YT?

Mmmm you proved nothing incorrect . Seems you don't know what a false claim is. Perhaps don't continue to consult YT videos for legal advice?

Old Jun 30th 2020, 5:00 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

How about we talk more about the piece of shit cops that killed Floyd rather than some trespassing protesters and silly looking people brandishing weapons?
Old Jun 30th 2020, 5:02 pm
Resident Cynic

lol, you got legal advice from YT?

Mmmm you proved nothing incorrect . Seems you don't know what a false claim is. Perhaps don't continue to consult YT videos for legal advice?
What YouTube video?....I published nothing from YouTube, I just found your KMOV video there ..... are you suggesting (dons tinfoil hat) it was 'doctored'??
You claimed that the report on KMOV suggests "they was probably justified.", when it doesn't.

What I posted was a link to a site that offers advice on "Legal Defense for Self Defense" (sic) ... not a site likely to be on my side of the argument!! This was specifically about the law in Missouri and I even quoted the relevant paragraph, but then.... what was your phase? Oh, yes - "you're not interested in anything contrary to your opinion"

Desperate to win, are you?
Old Jun 30th 2020, 5:07 pm
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
How about we talk more about the piece of shit cops that killed Floyd rather than some trespassing protesters and silly looking people brandishing weapons?
There's a seperate thread for that.... unfortunately this thread is all about attempts to suggest BLM is sinister and, by so doing, suggest that the people protesting are all mistaken when they think there's something wrong with the way things are.....

The silly looking people brandishing guns are white lawyers who live in a gated community, annoyed at having the hoi-polloi walk down their road. I'd say it's a pretty good example of the problems that exist......
Old Jun 30th 2020, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What YouTube video?....I published nothing from YouTube, I just found your KMOV video there ..... are you suggesting (dons tinfoil hat) it was 'doctored'??
You claimed that the report on KMOV suggests "they was probably justified.", when it doesn't.

What I posted was a link to a site that offers advice on "Legal Defense for Self Defense" (sic) ... not a site likely to be on my side of the argument!! This was specifically about the law in Missouri and I even quoted the relevant paragraph, but then.... what was your phase? Oh, yes - "you're not interested in anything contrary to your opinion"

Desperate to win, are you?
Your words. Read the articles and stop posting false claims. You can't say it wasn't justified, it's that simple (for most).

Old Jun 30th 2020, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
silly looking people brandishing weapons?
Retired Miami Vice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.