Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

After birth 'abortions'??!!

After birth 'abortions'??!!

Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:32 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'After birth abortions'??!!

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
I'm not going to waste my time convincing you that you're being manipulated when you obviously enjoy it so much.
Oh bite me.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:34 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:36 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

You believe they're using reverse psychology - it's your opinion, so please don't present it as fact.
Well here is the wikipedia entry for "Francesco Minerva" , catholic bishop no less, and the paper was written from the grave, so divine intervention might be suspected!

Oh wait, the authors name is Francesca Minerva, my mistake.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:38 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Well here is the wikipedia entry for "Francesco Minerva" , catholic bishop no less, and the paper was written from the grave, so divine intervention might be suspected!

Oh wait, the authors name is Francesca Minerva, my mistake.
It's Francesca, you numpty.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:40 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

It's Francesca, you numpty.
Are you on a one-line-read go-slow-work-to-rule today?
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:46 pm
Life goes on.

Are you on a one-line-read go-slow-work-to-rule today?
Maybe ...

Anyway, according to her twitter page, Francesca Minerva is a follower of Richard Dawkins, so I hardly think she's a member of any right-wing, religious bunch.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:51 pm
Fair and balanced

Maybe ...

Anyway, according to her twitter page, Francesca Minerva is a follower of Richard Dawkins, so I hardly think she's a member of any right-wing, religious bunch.
I did note that one of her interests is 'conflicts between secular and religious ethics'
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:51 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After birth 'abortions'??!!

Personally, I see two issues here. One is that this was presented as a paper in the Journal of Medical Ethics. I suppose the reader has to make the decision if the writers of the paper were being serious or not, but I don't think it is something to be flippant about, irrespective about what horrible things are going on in far-flung lands. I don't have degrees of disagreement, I just disagree with something and I disagree with this paper being presented at all, regardless of the validity of the content.

The other issue is that this Blaze website may have used this article (sited under their 'Faith' section no less) as a propaganda tool against pro-choice minded people, or abortions or whatever. Again, whether this is a serious consideration or not is neither here nor there in my eyes - that it was presented at all and for this purpose is ridiculously bad form if you ask me.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:57 pm
Fair and balanced

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Personally, I see two issues here. One is that this was presented as a paper in the Journal of Medical Ethics. I suppose the reader has to make the decision if the writers of the paper were being serious or not, but I don't think it is something to be flippant about, irrespective about what horrible things are going on in far-flung lands. I don't have degrees of disagreement, I just disagree with something and I disagree with this paper being presented at all, regardless of the validity of the content.

The other issue is that this Blaze website may have used this article (sited under their 'Faith' section no less) as a propaganda tool against pro-choice minded people, or abortions or whatever. Again, whether this is a serious consideration or not is neither here nor there in my eyes - that it was presented at all and for this purpose is ridiculously bad form if you ask me.
I see no problem in outlandish propositions being discussed, Such arguments can help in defining lines in the sand. I am surprised that someone would propose it without expectation of notoriety or rhetorical advantage.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:59 pm
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post

Agreed, on both counts.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I see no problem in outlandish propositions being discussed, Such arguments can help in defining lines in the sand.
Surely that is the whole point of ethical discussions.

Not much point having a Journal of Things Already Agreed Upon.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 9:02 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

And many more reasonable and humane practices have come out of intellectual debate.

You do realize this "article" is most likely a propaganda tool used by the pro-life faction in order to get people whipped into a frenzy, right? Nobody is actually considering killing new born babies.
Yes.

My point is that they're using reverse psychology on people and it is working. Obviously.

Nobody actually believes in killing newborn babies.
Well, it's not working on me. I can see through the BS.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 9:04 pm
Life goes on.

I see no problem in outlandish propositions being discussed, Such arguments can help in defining lines in the sand. I am surprised that someone would propose it without expectation of notoriety or rhetorical advantage.
Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post

You have forced me to play the Godwin card.

If Hitler, being the powerful orator and debater he was, had had an ethical discussion on eugenics and won the debate, gassing the Jews would have been OK.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 9:07 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post

It's all in the presentation, not the intention.

If someone wants to make a pro-life argument then why not a scientific argument that demonstrates that meaningful life starts at conception? Why either side should have to resort to rhetoric or progaganda is just sad, IMO.

Horses for courses, I suppose.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 9:09 pm
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
Yes.

Well, it's not working on me. I can see through the BS.
As I already pointed out, the woman is a follower of Richard Dawkins and therefore, most probably an atheist. Hardly a likely member of a right-wing pro-life movement, is she?

Anyway, when have you ever been able to see through bullshit, FFS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.