Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Abortion...posts moved from Pres.Trump thread.

Abortion...posts moved from Pres.Trump thread.

Old May 15th 2019, 11:04 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Abortion...posts moved from Pres.Trump thread.

Alabama now removes all pro choice rights.
A woman subjected to a mass rape , is made pregnant can no longer exercise her rights to choice unless the pregnancy endangers her life.
Welcome to Trumps America.
Is it beyond reason to see states repealing other civil rights legislation turning the clock back to the fifties ?
Old May 15th 2019, 11:41 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
A woman subjected to a mass rape , is made pregnant can no longer exercise her rights to choice unless the pregnancy endangers her life.
Is it beyond reason to see states repealing other civil rights legislation turning the clock back to the fifties ?
These men obviously know what's best for us.

I believe Alabama still has no requirement to teach sex ed in schools, and has among the highest teen birth rates in the country.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s...teenbirths.htm

It also has among the highest rates of sexually transmitted diseases.

I wonder if these good gentlemen who obviously have our best interests at heart would care to address the fact that 30% or so of children under five in Alabama live in poverty - where poverty is defined as a family income of less than $12,000 per year...

Old May 15th 2019, 2:35 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably, planned to go to the new look Supreme Court.
Old May 15th 2019, 2:37 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Presumably, planned to go to the new look Supreme Court.
Yup, they are after Roe vs Wade.
Old May 15th 2019, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Alabama is one of the worse states in America to live by far. Backwards don't begin to describe what it's like living and doing business there. I've owned a business in Alabama and spent substantial amounts of time in the Birmingham and Mobile areas, and after all that time the only good things I can say about Alabama is this. The food is awesome, the college football is amazing, and on the surface people can be quite affable. But once you start to dig deeper lays the truth. Alabama is a state that lacks several industry sectors which makes the place idea for investment growth providing you research the demographics carefully. People is Alabama are very set in their ways and change is seriously frowned upon. Businesses with excellent track records in other states come to Alabama to die!

If it ain't about fishing, hunting or going to church, you might not feel at home in ole Bama. I don't think I've seen a state in modern times as racist as Alabama. Many people in Alabama feel comfortable telling a complete stranger how they feel about minorities and that really caught me off guard.

I've talked to several other business owners and hear a common theme that because people in Alabama don't "cotton" to change very well, that mentality leads to a lot of great businesses to die on the vine. And let me also say that so many people there are forced to accept a narrow minded viewpoint on various topics which becomes a unavoidable cycle that can infect multiple generations. My business performed very well in Alabama and did so because it was a necessary service to most of the population, but when the time came to shut it down, I did so not looking back pining for old Alabama. I was happy to make a contribution to the communities of Alabama but I was left with the indelible impression that Alabama is not going to change for generations to come. And let me also say I have in-law family members from Alabama that would never live there again. I am not surprised that people in Alabama would think it just and moral for a woman that has been raped, should be forced to carry to term a child of a man that would commit such a evil crime. In one word....Alabama!

Last edited by UkWinds5353; May 15th 2019 at 3:53 pm.
Old May 15th 2019, 3:37 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

What is Billy Bob going to do when he knocks his sister up now?

Roll (into the) tide.
Old May 15th 2019, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
Alabama is one of the worse states in America to live by far. Backwards don't begin to describe what it's like living and doing business there. I've owned a business in Alabama and spent substantial amounts of time in the Birmingham and Mobile areas, and after all that time the only good things I can say about Alabama is this. The food is awesome, the college football is amazing, and on the surface people can be quite affable. But once you start to dig deeper lays the truth. Alabama is a state that lacks several industry sectors which makes the place idea for investment growth providing you research the demographics carefully. People is Alabama are very set in their ways and change is seriously frowned upon. Businesses with excellent track records in other states come to Alabama to die!

If it ain't about fishing, hunting or going to church, you might not feel at home in ole Bama. I don't think I've seen a state in modern times as racist as Alabama. Many people in Alabama feel comfortable telling a complete stranger how they feel about minorities and that really caught me off guard.

I've talked to several other business owners and hear a common theme that because people in Alabama don't "cotton" to change very well, that mentality leads to a lot of great businesses to die on the vine. And let me also say that so many people there are forced to accept a narrow minded viewpoint on various topics which becomes a unavoidable cycle that can infect multiple generations. My business performed very well in Alabama and did so because it was a necessary service to most of the population, but when the time came to shut it down, I did so not look back pining for old Alabama. I was happy to make a contribution to the communities of Alabama but I was left with the indelible impression that Alabama is not going to change for generations to come. And let me also say I have in-law family members from Alabama that would never live there again. I am not surprised that people in Alabama would think it just and moral for a woman that has been raped, should be forced to carry to term a child of a man that would commit such a evil crime. In one word....Alabama!
... It must be the majority mindset, otherwise those State representatives wouldn't have been elected. The true face of the US culture.
Old May 15th 2019, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

They've been turning back civil rights laws with little road barriers for years in various states only to have many of their efforts struck down by the courts. But they will continue to try and usually their extreme behavior will lead to a backlash from the greater voting population. Many extremist states have tried voters means testing which is illegal. Meaning to force a voter to jump through hoops just for the right to vote such as having certain types of identification in order to register to vote. Just another crazy way for radical conservatives to try and hold onto power but it usually backfires. Also keep in mind that the right to an abortion is not in the Constitution while civil rights are. Extremist usually over shoot the mark and end up being found unwanted and that encourages more voter participation that will shut them down.
Old May 15th 2019, 3:51 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
What is Billy Bob going to do when he knocks his sister up now?
Brag?

Old May 15th 2019, 3:52 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Brag?
You crack me up, Nutek
Old May 15th 2019, 3:54 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Brag?
Old May 15th 2019, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
... It must be the majority mindset, otherwise those State representatives wouldn't have been elected. The true face of the US culture.
It is and I hate to say that but the truth is the truth. Alabama has a LOT of wonderful people but they are heavily out numbered by a bunch of wackadoo nut cases. I had this one person who thought he was going to work for my company and express his racist views which is bad enough but he felt comfortable doing so openly. He was sent packing quickly!

I would say look at a state's political persuasion and political agenda and that will tell you how progressive and caring that state majority population is to everyone. Half of America is nothing like Alabama. But this is also true of every other country in the world were there are segments of those nations which are backwards. Alabama just happens to be a severe strain of craziness. I spent a lot of years doing business there and I helped a few people escape from there. My own little Under Ground Railroad!
Old May 15th 2019, 4:13 pm
Hail Satan!

It is and I hate to say that but the truth is the truth. Alabama has a LOT of wonderful people but they are heavily out numbered by a bunch of wackadoo nut cases. I had this one person who thought he was going to work for my company and express his racist views which is bad enough but he felt comfortable doing so openly. He was sent packing quickly!

I would say look at a state's political persuasion and political agenda and that will tell you how progressive and caring that state majority population is to everyone. Half of America is nothing like Alabama. But this is also true of every other country in the world were there are segments of those nations which are backwards. Alabama just happens to be a severe strain of craziness. I spent a lot of years doing business there and I helped a few people escape from there. My own little Under Ground Railroad!
This is also the state where child molester Roy Moore still got 48% of the vote in the Senate special election because better a pedo than a Democrat, right?

Alabama will of course have many lovely people, but they are ****ed when they are outnumbered by wingnuts
Old May 15th 2019, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

OUR lesson.
USA today. UK tomorrow. Remember that at the polls next week and when some English Patriot starts in about immigrants and change.
You have been warned
Old May 15th 2019, 5:19 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

..... My business performed very well in Alabama
Given the number of high profile businesses which have boycotted states with dubious human rights laws, some of which have been successful in prompting change; do you think it was a right decision to give Alabama your business, or would you choose to base it elsewhere if doing it over?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.