ZIGGY STARDUST

Old May 27th 2007, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

julie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant future
Default ZIGGY STARDUST

Did anyone watch BBC4 last night, the final show of Ziggy Stardust. I was singing to all the songs with glass of wine in hand - wonderful. Then after a while started to feel a bit sad. You see I left the UK 18 months ago, with OH, 3 cats, only 2 suitcases and my prized pink GHDs in tow, everything else just got rid of. Felt like a wonderful cleansing experience at the time and dont miss anything from the UK or any material possessions.

EXCEPT, last night, started to feel sad for giving away Aladdin Sane on black vinyl!!! Not listened to it for years and years, didnt even have a record player to play it on. I am not weird (honest), but how strange!!

Does anyone else out there miss any little possession they left behind?

Please does anyone know where I can get Aladdin Sane on CD?
Old May 27th 2007, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

lost in spain will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ZIGGY STARDUST

Yes, I watched Dave the rave last night. I know how you feel. I am inordinantly attached to my 12 inch copy of John I'm only dancing, even though I dont have a record player and havent played the vinyl version in about 12 years....

I've lived overseas for fifteen years in Turkey and Spain and dont miss many possessions. Just people at times. But its odd when you move around a lot, you wonder where you lost, left behind, or shed things.....

You can get Aladdin sane on Amazon, or eroski possibly. When I first got here I got virtually the complete works of the Rolling Stones on CD, all for about five euros each...

I saved up my pocket money to buy Aladdin Sane, I remember it being on display in the window of Woolworths...God it makes you feel old....
Old May 27th 2007, 9:58 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julie22
Did anyone watch BBC4 last night, the final show of Ziggy Stardust. I was singing to all the songs with glass of wine in hand - wonderful. Then after a while started to feel a bit sad. You see I left the UK 18 months ago, with OH, 3 cats, only 2 suitcases and my prized pink GHDs in tow, everything else just got rid of. Felt like a wonderful cleansing experience at the time and dont miss anything from the UK or any material possessions.

EXCEPT, last night, started to feel sad for giving away Aladdin Sane on black vinyl!!! Not listened to it for years and years, didnt even have a record player to play it on. I am not weird (honest), but how strange!!

I couldn't get a signal, I was gutted!!!
He is the only person I really wanted to see live that I never got around to seeing. My excuse was I was in my early 20's but I went to a fancy dress party as Ziggy!!!! I still have a pic somewhere made up like the album cover

Heres where you can get the album for £10.49
http://www13.cd-wow.com/detail_resul...uct_code=45939
Old May 27th 2007, 12:10 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by julie22

We got it in vinyl and on CD my other half loves all Bowie stuff he has a box of DVDs and CDs of Bowie
We dont have UK TV yet I bet he wished we had last night I will tell him what he missed.