Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Zapatero gets a hiding

Zapatero gets a hiding

Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Zapatero gets a hiding

In Zapatero's presentation today in front of the European Parliament, a brave Anglo-spanish politician called Marta Andreasen gives him a good beating!
see YouTube.
Go Marta!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:14 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zapatero gets a hiding

Well done Marta Wonder if the Spanish media will report it!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:26 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Well done that lady. I believe she means what she says. I also love the look on Zapatero´s face
Old Jan 20th 2010, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

usinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done!

Let´s hope this gives a little hope to those who have or are going to loose their homes.

I bet I don´t see too much about it on spanish TV though.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 3:40 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Good girl I'll be watching the news to see if this gets any airtime.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:00 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

It was on the local news but not that bit, only his own speech!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:25 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Bolitics is ruled by votes, until Brits start to change the political climate within Spain Senora Zapatero won't give it much attention.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

Here she is in Spanish:
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/wps-eu...ussionNumber=0
Old Jan 21st 2010, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

He doesn't know how to direct a country, is a shit of president, the worst thing since the democracy...And this asshole is now president in the European Parliament? My mother, what shame!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

marcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the rough

Of course all the first five of you wouldn't be DM readers would you!!!
Get a life. Consider the alternative.
Maybe you really want to return to the days of Franco!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you could explain that, I can't see that it has anything to do with what has been discussed.
Franco? Is that the only alternative available? I think you'll find he's still dead. Are there no other parties, no other politicians available?
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcbernard
I much prefer Zapatero to the slimy Aznar who was just a US wannabe - how I laughed when Georgie W mis-pronounced his name

I agree that ZP hasnt been strong enough regarding the economy, Spain has lacked leadership and creative ideas. But I applaud his social policies and the way Spain has made progress on road mortality, green energy, gender and gay rights
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by agoreira
Perhaps you could explain that, I can't see that it has anything to do with what has been discussed.?
I think its a rite of passage that some people have to go through to demonstrate their superiority.

Not sure whether the DM they are referring to is the one with the charitable "Old Codger" team or the one that has been in the forefront of revealing many of the unfair practises that have been visited upon many British home purchasers.

Given time though some of them do grow out of it.

Jim
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 3:42 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

ZP is getting a knocking just like Gordon. Whoever was in power during this crisis would be as popular as herpes.

Ask yourself this, would the other side be any better? I bet that would be a resounding NO.

Aznar had his tongue so far up Bush's *rse that he could actually see Tony Blair.