Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Your Favourite Spanish Fiestas

Your Favourite Spanish Fiestas

Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:02 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Your Favourite Spanish Fiestas

Hello Expats!,
I Hope you all having the Xmas you wanted - and if not there's still time

ANYWAY... I would love to know about your favourite Spanish Fiestas and why?

Mine so far has been the "La Nit de l'Albà" held in Elche (Alicante Region) in August... Elche is a lovely place to visit anyway but this festival has a lot of cultural & religious elements, a Mystery Play and ends with the most almighty firework display I have ever seen (and I've been to Disney World!)... Words cannot do it justice! You can then party to all hours with a crazy display of mad people fighting with fireworks (controlled but still highly dangerous) and generally a very warm and exciting atmosphere.

Highly Recommended... There's a few videos on YouTube of this if you search.

Please let me know yours, the odd picture too!
Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:43 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Re: Your Favourite Spanish Fiestas

Elche Fireworks on YOUTUBE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dr5h8Ky9xk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Vh3v4quZ0

It's a like a war -zone . deafening!

I also like Canalosa's Nativity - the whole village population ARE IN IT !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS8ko7fv2nk
Old Jan 4th 2011, 10:50 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

So no-one has been to a Spanish Fiesta then !! Well I'd highly recommend them - it's a great way to see the Spanish at their family best and observe fun doesn't always mean excessive alcohol or banned substances

My friend in Conil (West Coast, Andalucia) says the street bull run Vejer Toro Embolao is exciting (but a little dangerous/cruel) !! hey but that's what they do. See YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wQ4JjX_Mb4
Old Jan 4th 2011, 10:51 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

The Ford isn't too bad.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

fadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the rough

FALLAS in Valencia city is awesome! it's in March
fireworks twice a day and huge monuments the size of building being burned at the end. its awesome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falles
Old Jan 8th 2011, 2:35 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Love to visit loads of towns in Valencia province to see all the monuments and the processions with the people dressed in the traditional costumes. Wonderful in our little town too, two monuments so two groups for processions, very personal and intimate. Absolutely adore this time of year with the build up to the main day.

Rosemary