Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Are you thinking about moving back to the UK ?

Are you thinking about moving back to the UK ?

Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:19 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you thinking about moving back to the UK ?

Originally Posted by playamonte
Well IMO it is an accurate summary of life in the UK today, your view may well not be the same ?
Please though take the time to re-read what I wrote, as Comparison to Spain is not quite the same as Accurate Summary

OK, I will go back and re-read what you typed.....

Well this accurate summary of life in Britain today may just change your mind.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...%23description
... and again I say............. its not that you were offering up an opinion, you said.... and I quote...."Well this accurate summary of life in Britain today may just change your mind."

Not sure what the issue is.... its fairly obvious what you meant.....
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:29 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Absolutely agree. Not sure why they are so uncomfortable with their spanish life to do it all the time. Sure there are many problems in the UK as there are in Spain or any country. When I am in the UK there are some things I miss in Spain, likewise in Spain I miss some things about the UK.

I think that e-bay thing was written tongue in cheek. Of course there are people like that but unless you live on the sink estates it's not apparent.
The ebay thing is funny but it gets on my nerves when expats make out that the whole UK and all brits are like that..

..these same expats usually complain about european immigrants in the UK whilst being one themselves, here in Spain. So funny it's annoying.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:56 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
OK, I will go back and re-read what you typed.....

... and again I say............. its not that you were offering up an opinion, you said.... and I quote...."Well this accurate summary of life in Britain today may just change your mind."

Not sure what the issue is.... its fairly obvious what you meant.....
Yes in hindsight you are right (should have seen that myself ?) but that was not in the front of my mind when I posted the link.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:58 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Yes in hindsight you are right (should have seen that myself ?) but that was not in the front of my mind when I posted the link.
Well unfortunately we can't always convey what we are thinking via the internet, I mean half the time I am thinking "I want to kill you all!"....
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 6:10 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manamama
The ebay thing is funny but it gets on my nerves when expats make out that the whole UK and all brits are like that..

..these same expats usually complain about european immigrants in the UK whilst being one themselves, here in Spain. So funny it's annoying.
Of course not all Brits are like that, the trouble is just enough of the minority are.
Yes I agree with the author of the rant (as I have said) and you do not, such is life.

We are immigrants ?, well bugger me I never knew that
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 6:12 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Well unfortunately we can't always convey what we are thinking via the internet, I mean half the time I am thinking "I want to kill you all!"....
Think about that for a moment ?, just who could you reply to then
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 7:36 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I was back in the UK and I was travelling on the outward bound district line going through all those depressing Dagenham stops on my way to Upminster. It was daytime and the entire carriage was empty, when a group of Chavs got on a Becontree, and immediately lit cigarettes, defiantly blowing the smoke in my direction, while sipping from their cans of strong lager.

I considered my alternatives. As a respectable, upstanding citizen should I have spoken to them about polluting my air space and ignoring the No Smoking signs? Should I have got off at the next stop? Try and make a citizen’s arrest of six drunken Chavs?

I lit a cigarette to help me think, and the problem went away.
If you can't beat them.................join them!
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:47 pm
Straw Man.

Think about that for a moment ?, just who could you reply to then
Oh don't get me wrong.... its not just BE posters I am thinking about....