Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

You lucky people.

You lucky people.

Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:16 am
Proud Swansea Jack

swanseajack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default You lucky people.

Trees blown down and rain here in South Wales.

What's it like where you are guys?

Go on make me jealous!!!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:18 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You lucky people.

Originally Posted by swanseajack

Go on make me jealous!!!
It was cold with heavy rain in Fuengirola/benalmadena over the weekend !! I have to say that altho Spain has had a relivitely mild winter this year, its not without floods, landslides, high winds and torrential rain. Last year I think it started raining mid december and didnt stop til the middle of April. The winds and rain were much worse than what the UK had this weekend !

Jo xxx

Last edited by jojojojojo; Apr 30th 2012 at 10:20 am.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:25 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
It was cold with heavy rain in Fuengirola/benalmadena over the weekend !! I have to say that altho Spain has had a relivitely mild winter this year, its not without floods, landslides, high winds and torrential rain. Last year I think it started raining mid december and didnt stop til the middle of April. The winds and rain were much worse than what the UK had this weekend !

Jo xxx
Please send some of that over here.

With the exception of February, we've had a very warm and dry winter; and although the forecasts have been promising rain, very little has actually fallen, and we need it badly! It was 28 and pure sun over the weekend when it was forecast for heavy rain. Today about 20c and sunny, but not a drop in sight.

Last edited by amideislas; Apr 30th 2012 at 11:15 am.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:29 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Go on make me jealous!!!
Trees blown down and rain here in Northern Granada
Roads acting like rivers, heavy rain clouds below 1000m,
BH drove through fog the other morning until she realised it was a low cloud.

Temps of 8 and below during the day

What is it you are jealous about ??
Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:32 am
Proud Swansea Jack

We got all the water anyone could possibly want here but that's the norm for Swansea "the wettest city in the UK".

It gives me no pleasure to find out that the weather is bad in parts of Spain as well, I intend living there when I get to 60.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:47 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

We got all the water anyone could possibly want here but that's the norm for Swansea "the wettest city in the UK".

It gives me no pleasure to find out that the weather is bad in parts of Spain as well, I intend living there when I get to 60.
try http://www.eltiempo.es/
to see the bigger picture for Spain

despite all this we are short of water - again. Like the UK most falls in the north and there is no way of moving it south.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst Spain's dams in general are below their ten year average, down in Andalucia they are above that average.

http://www.embalses.net/

Down in the Strait of Gibraltar it is WEEWEEING it down and has been so for a few days now, mind you what do we expect for a Bank Holiday
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:04 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Some people seem to think only the UK gets bad weather It has been dire though the last 2 weeks. Sunny now and 18C forecast not good.

Heard on the train last week someone saying they had been for a weeks break in Mallorca to get away from the bad weather and it was rubbish all week except for the day they left.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:34 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

A big thunders storm right now in Alhaurin El Grande apparently. In Worthing, West sussex its a lovely sunny day, altho I'm sure it wont last

Jo xxx
Old Apr 30th 2012, 3:43 pm
Proud Swansea Jack

Suns out in Wales,windy and cold though!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Cold-ish with occasional torrential downbursts here. And a very pretty rainbow.
Attached Thumbnails You lucky people.-dscf6391small.jpg  
Old Apr 30th 2012, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

In Velez-Malaga we had a few showers on Saturday, steady rain (but no torrential downpours) most of Sunday until early evening when the sun came out, and cloudy today until 6.30 pm when it rained for a short while. Forecast to be better tomorrow. Feeling a bit chilly at 16C when I was coming back from the gym this evening, though, compared to the 30C we had in the afternoons last week. We had a visitor from the UK staying with us for a couple of days and when we had dinner on the terrace on Friday he was complaining of being too warm!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 9:00 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

April has been horrid.

After all the noises heard around the world I wonder if there is any truth in this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUDiBqiVxI8
Old May 1st 2012, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

We have had rain for the last three days here and it's gone quite cold, it was only 16c inside the house today so the heating has been on for the best part of it and I'm sat wrapped in a fur blanket!

I've just been looking at some of my friends photos on Facebook of their terrace in Alora covered in hailstones this afternoon.
Old May 1st 2012, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

South Wales here to at present, spitting with rain but to be honest we need rain the UK is still in drought mode.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.