Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Yoigo Sim expiry

Yoigo Sim expiry

Old Oct 12th 2010, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

moblies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yoigo Sim expiry

Does anyone know if Yoigo sims get cut off after 12 months? I failed miserably at topping up my Vodafone card within 12 months and it has now been disconnected. I usually top up every 6 months but would be good to have one that doesn't get cut off, credit disapearing I can live with.

Thanks
Old Oct 13th 2010, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

fawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nice
Default Re: Yoigo Sim expiry

Originally Posted by moblies
Does anyone know if Yoigo sims get cut off after 12 months? I failed miserably at topping up my Vodafone card within 12 months and it has now been disconnected. I usually top up every 6 months but would be good to have one that doesn't get cut off, credit disapearing I can live with.

Thanks
As long as you've got some balance in your account they will not cut off. However be aware of the 6 euro + VAT minimum monthly charge. You will pay this even if you don't use the SIM.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

moblies is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that, didn't spot that one. Ideally as I only use it when I'm in Spain I could do with one that doesn't cost anything to sit in the drawer so maybe Yoigo is not ideal.

might have to remember to top it up in future!
Old Oct 13th 2010, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

fawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nicefawinds is just really nice

Originally Posted by moblies
Thanks for that, didn't spot that one. Ideally as I only use it when I'm in Spain I could do with one that doesn't cost anything to sit in the drawer so maybe Yoigo is not ideal.

might have to remember to top it up in future!
Simyo will probably do for that, as they have good rates too. You must top up at least €5 every 6 months to keep it active, though.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fawinds
As long as you've got some balance in your account they will not cut off. However be aware of the 6 euro + VAT minimum monthly charge. You will pay this even if you don't use the SIM.
What's this monthly charge? On Vodafone PAYG Pay as you go, there is no monthly charge. I have a Vodafone PAYG and if I forgot to top up to beat the deadline whilst outside Spain I use the Internet to recharge.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nige
What's this monthly charge? On Vodafone PAYG Pay as you go, there is no monthly charge. I have a Vodafone PAYG and if I forgot to top up to beat the deadline whilst outside Spain I use the Internet to recharge.
It is the minimum amount you must spend. Otherwise you will be charged it.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 6:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fawinds
It is the minimum amount you must spend. Otherwise you will be charged it.
Not on my Vodafone, also if you forget to recharge the unused credit is put back on when you do.
Obviously all companies will re sell the number if the sim is not used for a long time, a year is a long time not to use a phone.