Yes or No ?

Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yes or No ?

If your car fails the I.T.V. and they give you 60 days to retest, can you drive your car within the 60 days ?
Old Nov 6th 2011, 9:04 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yes or No ?

It depends upon the severity of the fault. It's explained at the bottom of the failure form - sorry I haven't got one to hand - my current car passed it's first and only ITV. From memory there are three categories. Something like:

1. Don't drive
2. Drive it only to the nearest garage and get it fixed
3. OK to drive, get it fixed and re-tested.

Sorry I can't be more precise, I'm sure Fred will be along shortly - I'm sure he must have a few ITV failure forms lying around (well he was rude about my car once)
Old Nov 6th 2011, 9:09 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busters mum
If your car fails the I.T.V. and they give you 60 days to retest, can you drive your car within the 60 days ?
My friend continued to drive to and fro work whilst dealing with the problems that failed her car. She had to replace her tyres (they were not dangerous but would not last more than a few months) and a few other minor things so the 60 days was a time lapse in order to put things right. Guess it really depends on why it failed, for example if it is the brakes I would say no way it should be used.

Sorry cannot give you a definitive yes or no. Surprised that the garage did not give you that information.

Rosemary
Old Nov 6th 2011, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

It was emissions
Old Nov 6th 2011, 10:13 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

It was emissions
I would imagine you'll be alright as it's not a safety issue.

What car is it? If it is a diesel your garage will probably give you a fuel additive and tell you to drive to the ITV station in third gear (not much fun).

When doing the emission test advance the accelerator slowly to maximum rather than stabbing at it.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

It was emissions
What car?
Old Nov 6th 2011, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
What car?
16 year old Nissan Micra, petrol.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 10:42 am
FreeThinker

Ignore everything I said then.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimenato
Ignore everything I said then.
O.K.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 11:10 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
It depends upon the severity of the fault. It's explained at the bottom of the failure form - sorry I haven't got one to hand - my current car passed it's first and only ITV. From memory there are three categories. Something like:

1. Don't drive
2. Drive it only to the nearest garage and get it fixed
3. OK to drive, get it fixed and re-tested.

Sorry I can't be more precise, I'm sure Fred will be along shortly - I'm sure he must have a few ITV failure forms lying around (well he was rude about my car once)
Almost right and no I haven't got any failed forms! In fact last time I had my 11 year old car tested they gave me two years before the next test!

There are four possible outcomes to an ITV test.

INSPECCIÓN FAVORABLE

You've passed.

INSPECCIÓN FAVORABLE CON DEFECTOS LEVES

You have passed but with minor problems that need to be fixed. You can drive normally but if the Guardia stop you and find out that you haven't fixed them it could be a problem so don't ignore them. No further test required.

INSPECCIÓN DESFAVORABLE

You have failed. Drive immediately to a garage and get it fixed and then have it retested. You cannot drive the car apart from directly to a garage.

INSPECCIÓN NEGATIVA

The car cannot be driven at all. Call the Grua and get it taken to the garage then have it retested.

http://www.itvandalucia.com/como.htm

Last edited by Fred James; Nov 6th 2011 at 11:18 am.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

axarquian is an unknown quantity at this point

My ITV sticker is marked as April 2012. Does it run out 31 March or 30 April ?
Old Nov 6th 2011, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Have it serviced and tell the mechanic why.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by axarquian
I always got a reminder in the post with the full date on it.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 4:53 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by axarquian
Look on your Ficha Tecnica - it will give the exact date that it runs out.