Yes or No

Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yes or No

Should i get a residencia, yes or no, i will count up and go with the majority as people i work with think it is not worth the hassle or the paper it is written on
Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:16 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yes or No

You have no choice Busters Mum ..... its a requirement now in Spain that you apply for a residencia certificate.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

lynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the rough

Oh i had no idea. When did this come into place??? I was under the impression that Residencia was always optional
Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what i thought, i have only been here 3 months and have done all the other stuff, i have the forms filled in.
The subject came up at work and a couple of them said why bother ? mind you one of them has been here 5 years and i had to explain what a padron was !!!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynda32
Oh i had no idea. When did this come into place??? I was under the impression that Residencia was always optional
Me too. If someone in the know could post a link with up to date rules that would be good.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sarahchirles
Me too. If someone in the know could post a link with up to date rules that would be good.
That would be great as none of us want to be illegals !!
Every time you ask someone it's a different story!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

lynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by busters mum
That would be great as none of us want to be illegals !!
Every time you ask someone it's a different story!
Yeah thats true!!!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:40 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Residents cards ceased to be for new applicants I think in March and before this time it was optional. After that it became a requirement to apply for a residents certificate. Its been discussed on here on a few occasions, and also my abogado has confirmed it to me.

Its simply a question of going to the Police station, filling out a form, taking ID and it costs just under 6 euros. You dont even need photos now. Having said that the queues at the Police station in Gandia are absolutely horrendous and you might find yourself there all day.

If your friend doesnt know what a padron is then I wouldn't take too much notice of what they say you need and dont need.

Padron and residencia are two of the important things for you to address.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi, i already have my padron and picked up my n.i.e. on tuesday.
I went at about 12.30. no queues at all straight in and seen, this has been the same the 3 times i have been, i think the secret is go later.
Will do residencia tomorrow, do i have to hand in form and then go back, if so how long does it take ?
Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Residents cards ceased to be for new applicants I think in March and before this time it was optional. After that it became a requirement to apply for a residents certificate. Its been discussed on here on a few occasions, and also my abogado has confirmed it to me.

Its simply a question of going to the Police station, filling out a form, taking ID and it costs just under 6 euros. You dont even need photos now. Having said that the queues at the Police station in Gandia are absolutely horrendous and you might find yourself there all day.

If your friend doesnt know what a padron is then I wouldn't take too much notice of what they say you need and dont need.

Padron and residencia are two of the important things for you to address.

Thanks for the info. I am concerned though because i know in Benidorm there has been a huge problem and people have been queuing up since 11pm the night before and still not been taken the following day. Cant queue all night with a kid!!! Does anyone know if you can instruct a Gestoria to act on behalf of you and get them for you?
Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I am concerned though because i know in Benidorm there has been a huge problem and people have been queuing up since 11pm the night before and still not been taken the following day. Cant queue all night with a kid!!! Does anyone know if you can instruct a Gestoria to act on behalf of you and get them for you?
Leave the kid in the queue and you can turn up when the office opens, just joking !!!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Leave the kid in the queue and you can turn up when the office opens, just joking !!!
lol
Now theres an idea
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:14 pm
Senior Moment

Hi, i already have my padron and picked up my n.i.e. on tuesday.
I went at about 12.30. no queues at all straight in and seen, this has been the same the 3 times i have been, i think the secret is go later.
Will do residencia tomorrow, do i have to hand in form and then go back, if so how long does it take ?
You amaze me .... every time I've been there they have been out of the door!!! You do mean Gandia by the Hospital don't you?
You have to complete the form, hand it in, then you will be given a payment slip which you have to take to a bank to pay, then you return for the form. I have been up there about 4 times now and have found massive queues, but that was in July and August

Does anyone know if you can instruct a Gestoria to act on behalf of you and get them for you?
You have to apply in person for the document I'm afraid
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Info on it has been in the free beer thread since the start of it thanks to Fred.

Have a browse though the links now and again

Last edited by jdr; Oct 4th 2007 at 12:44 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You amaze me .... every time I've been there they have been out of the door!!! You do mean Gandia by the Hospital don't you?
You have to complete the form, hand it in, then you will be given a payment slip which you have to take to a bank to pay, then you return for the form. I have been up there about 4 times now and have found massive queues, but that was in July and August

You have to apply in person for the document I'm afraid
Oh dear.....not great

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.