Reload this Page >

Xativa open air swimming pool

Xativa open air swimming pool

Old May 18th 2011, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

martom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Xativa open air swimming pool

Hola, I am down there right now in Xativa and received a job offer
now I have to make a decision: rent a flat in Gandia and drive 70 miles every day - but live on the costa, or rent in Xativa, spend 5 minutes daily in the car, but no playa, no aqua... thats why I need a help. Do I find an open air swimming Pomoc In Xativa? Anything to do for my 3 years childrens? What would you recomend? We are 30 years old and have 2 doughters - 2.5 years old. Thanks for help
p.s. I hate the small keyboards on my smartphone
Old May 19th 2011, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Xativa open air swimming pool

Hi martom,
I,m afraid I don't know anything about the area you are in.
The advice I'm going to give is this. If renting an apartment, make sure that you are on the top floor. The Spanish don't have carpets and the sound of chairs scraping on tiled floors, shoes clomping back and forth (especially high heels), and loud music, will soon have you tearing your hair out

John.
Old May 19th 2011, 6:04 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

All I would say is that the 25 - 30 minute drive from Xativa to Gandia for the occasional beach visit is far preferable than the same drive daily!

I don't know where the open-air pool is in Xativa but there is a very good one here in Ontinyent.

You may well find that in the current 'crisis', it is just as cheap to rent a villa with a pool on the outskirts of Xativa as renting a flat in town.
Old May 19th 2011, 7:12 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and congratulations on the job. I think I'd have to echo the above poster - better to have less of a daily drive to work, even if it means an extra half an hour going to the beach. Especially as it'll mean more time with your young children. Also, I always suspect there are more grievances on the coast - more crime, more rip-offs etc - but others here who know better may be in a position to dispute that.
But there is the language aspect to consider. Do people generally speak Castellano or Valenciano in Xativa? Which language would you prefer your children to have as their first language?
Old May 19th 2011, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Hi everybody, thanks for Your good word
I would like my ichas to speak castellano, Xativa speaks 50% castelloano, 50% Valenciano, I have no idea which language is prefered at school in Xativa...
I have not much time to decide, I start at work in 45 days, but must do the decision this week...
Old May 19th 2011, 10:54 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martom
Hi everybody, thanks for Your good word
I would like my ichas to speak castellano, Xativa speaks 50% castelloano, 50% Valenciano, I have no idea which language is prefered at school in Xativa...
I have not much time to decide, I start at work in 45 days, but must do the decision this week...
If Xativa is anything like Ontinyent (only 10mins away), schools will be a mixture of both but will focus on Castellano.

At secondary school (ESO) you can then decide on which stream you would prefer.
Old May 19th 2011, 3:33 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
If Xativa is anything like Ontinyent (only 10mins away), schools will be a mixture of both but will focus on Castellano.

At secondary school (ESO) you can then decide on which stream you would prefer.
Correct.

He would be best to rent near Xativa IMO.
Novettle (sic) is a nice little town that is an easy walk into Xativa & the schools are on the same side of Xativa.
You can park there, unlike Xativa.
For swimming you have Xativa's own pools, or of course the 45min drive to Gandia, but add another 30min's to find somewhere to park
Old May 19th 2011, 4:30 pm
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by playamonte
Correct.

He would be best to rent near Xativa IMO.
Novettle (sic) is a nice little town that is an easy walk into Xativa & the schools are on the same side of Xativa.
You can park there, unlike Xativa.
For swimming you have Xativa's own pools, or of course the 45min drive to Gandia, but add another 30min's to find somewhere to park
I've never had a problem finding a space in the underground car park at North Gandia beach.
Old May 19th 2011, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Decision has been done, we are looking for a flat Ince Xativa. Rhenus city itself is great, also I will rent a flat for next 6 months, Android then decide where to buy. Thanks for your help. Saludos