Reload this Page >

Wrought iron security gates in pisos

Wrought iron security gates in pisos

Old Oct 12th 2014, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

lee1lpool is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wrought iron security gates in pisos

Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a 3 bed apartment in Alicante, on the 2nd floor. I`m one of 6 residents in a block of 6(2 residents on each floor). All the front doors are brown and none have security gates.

I`m not moving there until middle of next year and I`m thinking of getting a iron security gate fitted to my front door on the outside so it would be visible to other residents etc.

Do you know if I can get one fitted? Or do I have to go through the town hall and apply for an obra menor? I got told in these type of blocks you have to keep your front door the same colour as your neighbours, so god knows what they would do if I want a security gate fitted.

Lee
Old Oct 13th 2014, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wrought iron security gates in pisos

Originally Posted by lee1lpool
Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a 3 bed apartment in Alicante, on the 2nd floor. I`m one of 6 residents in a block of 6(2 residents on each floor). All the front doors are brown and none have security gates.

I`m not moving there until middle of next year and I`m thinking of getting a iron security gate fitted to my front door on the outside so it would be visible to other residents etc.

Do you know if I can get one fitted? Or do I have to go through the town hall and apply for an obra menor? I got told in these type of blocks you have to keep your front door the same colour as your neighbours, so god knows what they would do if I want a security gate fitted.

Lee
The big question I have is why?

Seriously. Spain has one of the lowest burglery rates in the world because most people live in flats that are difficult to break in to.

Most front doors in flats are security doors anyway and would need a serious sledge hammer to get through one, which of course would wake up all the neighbours who would alert the police. If your front door isnt a security door then that is what I would spend my money on
Old Oct 13th 2014, 10:12 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

Because petty theft is rife and uninhabited homes are easy targets - you don't need a sledgehammer to get in - just a pair of slip-pliers and a little knowledge !!!

Davexf
Old Oct 13th 2014, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

Because petty theft is rife and uninhabited homes are easy targets - you don't need a sledgehammer to get in - just a pair of slip-pliers and a little knowledge !!!

Davexf
Not with a security door. One of those triple lock metal core doors. Our flats in Spain have always had those

In any case, burglers don't target flats, unless there is nobody living in the block, too risky
Old Oct 13th 2014, 10:58 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

You would need approval from community president and town hall.

You might want to consider replacing the front door with a security door or the existing door with a security bar?
Old Oct 13th 2014, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

lee1lpool is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank for the advice!

It already has a triple lock security door fitted. An experienced burglar IMO could gain entry through one of these doors. Even a crowbar would do the job without a huge racket.

Looks like I`ll be getting one fitted. They fit snug right within the door frame.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 3:19 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Please make sure you get permission first or you could find the community president instructs you to remove it. You may find he has the power to have it removed and bill you for the cost.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 3:42 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Davexf