Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

wrong address on IBI documents

wrong address on IBI documents

Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

siteservices is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wrong address on IBI documents

hi there we are about to complete on an apartment in torremolinos this week and received all the paperwork recently. Everything seems in order apart from the IBI document which has the correct street name but incorrect number on it. We have queried it with our solicitor and asked for it to be rectified before we complete and have had an answer back today that the town hall have refused to change it and the solicitor will explain all in the meeting (ie just before the completion at the Notary's office). Can anyone seeing this being a problem (assuming it will be sorted out afterwards). The address it quotes is currently a derelict site with hoardings up for a new commercial centre - don't want to lumbered with their IBI bill!!
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wrong address on IBI documents

I would hate to say wont be a problem and ypou purchase and it is, I would push your solicitor for more information personally they are the ones that will be able to say yeah or nay. I do know èople in a village near us that have the wrong number but they all do and just exchange letters etc.

Push your lawyer you are paying them so they should tell you before you get to Notario. If not ask why not
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I would not touch any property unless all details are 100% correct
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:25 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

We have a similar problem - main door to house is in one street, catastral details are another address (round corner), escritura another address and services are to another address .....

We thought none of it would matter, but then we needed to do something (getting electric back on once we had evicted a tenant, I seem to recall). Because the escritura did not match the catastral nor the services, we had a lot of problems getting the electric back on.

You may not run into this exact problem, but just be warned.

I would suggest that you hold fire on the purchase until the current owner solves the issue - or, better still, hold back an amount (25% or more?).
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

If your name is ever linked to a plot which is derelict or undeveloped, it can be hard to get it removed later ...
We had precisely this problem, our name linked to an empty plot on our urbanisation more than 5km from the plot on which we built our house - IBI bills for this plot keep turning up in our mailbox. Our gestor goes to the SUMA office on our behalf, gets it all cancelled, then there is some kind of change at the town hall and the bills start coming again.
I would advise getting it sorted out before you are ever linked to it!
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
We have a similar problem - main door to house is in one street, catastral details are another address (round corner), escritura another address and services are to another address .....

We thought none of it would matter, but then we needed to do something (getting electric back on once we had evicted a tenant, I seem to recall). Because the escritura did not match the catastral nor the services, we had a lot of problems getting the electric back on.

You may not run into this exact problem, but just be warned.

I would suggest that you hold fire on the purchase until the current owner solves the issue - or, better still, hold back an amount (25% or more?).
I had a similar problem with my house originally, albeit on a smaller scale. The front door of my house is on one street, but the address on the escritura, catastral, water and correos was on another which runs alongside one side of the house. For some unknown reason the address on the electricity bills was on the same street as the front door. When I had my ICP fitted a couple of years ago I took the opportunity to have the contract with Endesa changed into my name and the address details rectified at the same time. It didn't cost me anything apart from getting a boletin which I would have done anyway as we had some work done on the wiring as well. I thought it might avoid any potential problems if we want to sell the house in the future.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for all your very helpful advice. we have since had another reply from the office of our solicitor saying that the whole block (this is in central torremolinos above a bank and next to other residential and commercial premises) apparently has the one address on their IBI documents and then each portal has its own. Will have to investigate more
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siteservices
thanks for all your very helpful advice. we have since had another reply from the office of our solicitor saying that the whole block (this is in central torremolinos above a bank and next to other residential and commercial premises) apparently has the one address on their IBI documents and then each portal has its own. Will have to investigate more
I had a similar problem when we bought our house . The previous owner (British) kept presenting me with the IBI bill from the previous year we put the deposit down in September and completed mid January. The first time it was presented to me I went to pay it at the bank but the cashier said it's direct debit and showed me the domicaldo mark on the bill. So I contacted the previous owner and told him this saying I have set up direct debits so one of us will have paid it.

Next time I was over same bill through the door my patience wearing thin I bumped into the previous owner and said I will see the solicitor as he should have had this sorted (The prev owner didn't look happy). Solicitor said "Often the Bills have the wrong address in villages as they often change house numbers etc however the Catastral Reference number never changes and that is the one to worry about) by the way as you bought after January the bill is not yours if you bought before it would be. So again I told the prev owner this and left him with the bill.

Next time out started over again I was exasperated by now eventually after some rather heated words said there's half the amount I'm done with it (wasn't much).

Anyway the next year I was trying to pay my none residents tax (helped by this forum thanks). Anyway the Catastral Value I was using was on the IBI receipt except that didn't match what I had from solicitor etc??? Someone pointed me to an official site where you can check the Catastral Reference and it shows a map etc of your property. The one for the IBI was at the end of our street. Later when I pointed this out to prev owners they said oh yes that was reformed same time as ours and we often got their bills etc!!!!!! I said so you didn't think to actually do anything about it then ??? Blank look.

All sorted now by my own fair hands. I don't have a link to that site but it is one of the Hacienda sites and so long as you have your Catastral referencia it will show the exact property and boundaries etc.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

wow sounds like we're in for some fun! We're paying half of the bill for this coming year which is 300 euros - apparently our year begins in June so would be a bit much expecting vendor to pay it all
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

wow sounds like we're in for some fun! We're paying half of the bill for this coming year which is 300 euros - apparently our year begins in June so would be a bit much expecting vendor to pay it all
Ours was no where near that as very small village house about 60 Euros. Yes my thoughts at first no problem I bought halfway through the year so pay half. However after the carry on and me doing all the leg work when I found out the legal side and the fact that they had tried to put he whole bill on me I thought sod it not my bill. Hence the heated exchange when I said I would pay half I mean quibbling over 60 euros when you've sold an house ??? Mind even when I did that he tried to say there wiould be extra as a fine because of late payment!!!!! at that point I just had to walk away and say well pay it then lol
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

The address it quotes is currently a derelict site with hoardings up for a new commercial centre - don't want to lumbered with their IBI bill!!
Go to http://www.goolzoom.com/ Zoom in to your street / flat and then click the Catastro button top right and click on your block.
It should come up with the Referencia catastral de la parcela:
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

hi thanks for the link but a message comes up saying google has disabled access to maps or something like that and when i put my address in nothing happens. thanks anyway - if i was more computer savvy I'd probably know how to get round it!
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

same happens to me too.
Kath
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hi thanks for the link but a message comes up saying google has disabled access to maps or something like that and when i put my address in nothing happens. thanks anyway - if i was more computer savvy I'd probably know how to get round it!
Originally Posted by Kath and Ted
same happens to me too.
Kath
It works for me, I notice Kath and Ted are in UK where are you Sites.
I wonder if the service only works from Spain
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yep same here disabled and I'm in the UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.