Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Worlds Biggest Dole Queue ?

Worlds Biggest Dole Queue ?

Old Jan 24th 2011, 9:35 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Worlds Biggest Dole Queue ?

Record attempt in Madrid today to form the Worlds longest ever dole queue in protest at Govt plans to cut benefits to unemployed ppl.who are already getting pretty desperate.
According to interviews on BBC even the Africa/Spain worker movement trend is being reversed by Spanish workers looking abroad for work.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worlds Biggest Dole Queue ?

There already is a considerable "fuga de cerebros", brain drain, happening in Spain, and looks set to get worse. Thousands of medics have already left to work in Germany and UK, and now Mrs Merkel is about to offer suitably qualified Spanish jobs to fill their shortage of qualified personnel. Germany is quite open that it wants to get the best people, captar a las mejores cabezas
http://www.abc.es/20110123/economia/...-20110123.html
Old Jan 24th 2011, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

art spirit is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes its terrible - what will people do when there is nothing coming in to feed the family - I fear that crime will inevitably increase.
Perhaps Spain could review its planning permission laws to encourage the construction industry to build affordable public accomodation properties for young/old spanish people. I know this is a simplistic statement, but public projects saved the USA economy after the 'great depression' of the 30's and maybe we should learn from history.

Also there are lots of people who had permission from their Ayuntamientos (town halls) to build which were later revoked by the Juncta de Andalucia (provincial gov.)-and they changed the amount of land needed to build on (in the Malaga area from 5,000M2 to 30,000M2 - please correct me if im wrong) this has put a lot of people off coming here to buy/build a property and so jobs have been lost - at least the 'brains' can get work abroad and my heart goes out to the spanish people everywhere.

I'm sure bigger brains than mine are trying to solve the unemployment probs. but its good to debate the issue and thanks for bringing it up...
Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by art spirit

I'm sure bigger brains than mine are trying to solve the unemployment probs. but its good to debate the issue and thanks for bringing it up...
There is no proof or sign that anyone has made attempts or is trying to solve the unemployment crisis in Spain.

It has been 3 or 4 years now. A change of government wont solve the problems overnight but hopefully should provide the brains necessary to do so.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:30 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

They obviously chose the wrong place to do this march. Only 300 turned up! (maybe a city down south would have made more sense)

http://www.abc.es/20110124/local-mad...101241120.html

«Cuando España ganó el Mundial de Fútbol, salió medio millón de personas a la calle en Madrid. Ahora tenemos este parnorana; es muy triste»