Works license

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Mark.r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Works license

Hi all please can anyone recommend a reliable english speaking builder around the sax/salinas area, as we've been let down by our estate agent who started the ball rolling but seems to have left us to it, we also may need some help with gaining a works license. Thanking you Mark
Old Dec 4th 2019, 6:03 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Works license

Originally Posted by Mark.r
Hi all please can anyone recommend a reliable english speaking builder around the sax/salinas area, as we've been let down by our estate agent who started the ball rolling but seems to have left us to it, we also may need some help with gaining a works license. Thanking you Mark
IMO - get a good Spanish builder and use the services of an interpreter - they can then also help at the town hall with licences.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Works license

Originally Posted by snikpoh
IMO - get a good Spanish builder and use the services of an interpreter - they can then also help at the town hall with licences.
We only use spanish builders. The advice from snikpoh is right, ask in your local village bars and town hall even hairdressers or carpinteria.It is easier than you imagine.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with the above - much better to use native labour. I have just had a fabulous patio/terrace job done by locals superb quality and finish and yes they sorted out works licence in local ayuntamiento.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 9:31 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Sax is a lovely little town with lots of history. Few ex pat Brits live there, which you may regard as a bonus?
I would guess it will be difficult to find a builder who speaks English.
What type of work do you want done?
With the help of a phrase book and or google translator you might be able to communicate your requirements.

I would suggest you make a sketch and write down what you require done and get recommendations from your new neighbours.

Getting a license is easy. The cost will depend on the value of the work you are having done. You may want to contact the town hall? See here > https://www.sax.es/ https://www.facebook.com/AyuntamientodeSax & https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUL...VY3-GBZi2MVWEA

Last edited by missile; Dec 4th 2019 at 9:37 am.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks all for your valid opinions, I have dtawings for the work that I require. I been to the town hall as the original builder told me to ask for a minor licence but the town hall says I need a major licence unless the builder contacts them to disscuss the work, unfortunately I don't have any contact details for them as the estate agent brought them to our property! !!! So I think I'll ask around to see if there's anyone local to salinas. Thanks again mark
Old Dec 4th 2019, 9:41 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps there is an architects name on the drawings?
Old Dec 4th 2019, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

No afraid not they're drawings that I've madefor the builders. Thanks
Old Dec 4th 2019, 10:33 pm
Started off with nothing

If you visit the nearest hardware store (ferreteria) they should be able to advise you on local tradesmen.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by missile
If you visit the nearest hardware store (ferreteria) they should be able to advise you on local tradesmen.
thanks will try that when we go back many thanks