Reload this Page >

Working the bar in Spain

Working the bar in Spain

Old May 6th 2007, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

staggerlee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working the bar in Spain

Good day

I am a 19 year old student from Liverpool. Last year I worked in a bar in Salou for 5 weeks. Again I am looking to spend the summer in Spain with my friend, again working in a bar.

However, this time I would like to go somewhere else other than Salou, somewhere with perhaps a bit more culture, however where there is an good chance of getting a job easily, either prop work or bar work would suffice as I have experience in all of them.

Any of you have any ideas where is a good place to go and find a job?
Old May 6th 2007, 6:53 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working the bar in Spain

Originally Posted by staggerlee
Good day

I am a 19 year old student from Liverpool. Last year I worked in a bar in Salou for 5 weeks. Again I am looking to spend the summer in Spain with my friend, again working in a bar.

However, this time I would like to go somewhere else other than Salou, somewhere with perhaps a bit more culture, however where there is an good chance of getting a job easily, either prop work or bar work would suffice as I have experience in all of them.

Any of you have any ideas where is a good place to go and find a job?
Hello welcome and may I commend you on your pronunciation, you know coming from.....

Anyway, firstly do you speak Spanish? That will make a difference to where you can go, if not then it will be the resorts again.
Old May 6th 2007, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Hello welcome and may I commend you on your pronunciation, you know coming from.....

Anyway, firstly do you speak Spanish? That will make a difference to where you can go, if not then it will be the resorts again.
Ah. Well I can speak enough Spanish to get by. My friend on the other hand is pretty good, although not fluent.

I guess English resorts are what we are looking for, where there are plenty of jobs. If you have any experience of the most friendly resort, I would be grateful.
Old May 6th 2007, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

friendlyswift is an unknown quantity at this point

Unless you have heard him speak, then surely you should be commenting on his grammar or spelling, although of course there is evidence to show that people from Liverpool have much poorer spelling and grammar than those from elsewhere in the UK...
Anyway yes, we both speak adequate Spanish.
Old May 6th 2007, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

any answer to my original question?
Old May 6th 2007, 8:40 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Calpe/Benidorm maybe?
Old May 6th 2007, 8:57 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Malaga city?
Old May 6th 2007, 10:24 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a sudden influx of feisty newbies that have joined and no one told me?

Or am I a bit cynical?
Old May 6th 2007, 10:25 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by friendlyswift
Unless you have heard him speak, then surely you should be commenting on his grammar or spelling, although of course there is evidence to show that people from Liverpool have much poorer spelling and grammar than those from elsewhere in the UK...
Anyway yes, we both speak adequate Spanish.
Thank you very much for correcting me, next time I have a bit of a problem writing I will call on you, that OK?
Old May 6th 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=staggerlee;4744962]Good day
However, this time I would like to go somewhere else other than Salou, somewhere with perhaps a bit more culture,
QUOTE]

I would try Marbella. you only see premier league team football shirts in the bars there.
Old May 6th 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much for correcting me, next time I have a bit of a problem writing I will call on you, that OK?
Oooohh noooo.....
Old May 7th 2007, 12:12 am
Just Joined

friendlyswift is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a sudden influx of feisty newbies that have joined and no one told me?

Or am I a bit cynical?
Nah, just me and him.

No worries mate, though you might not want to ask me, what with me being from...well, you know...

[QUOTE=big wheels;4745530]
Originally Posted by staggerlee
I would try Marbella. you only see premier league team football shirts in the bars there.

We're just looking for somewhere in Spain that has bar jobs or similar going, but that isn't some terrible touristy hell swarming with drunken English. Thought this might be a good place to ask.

Thanks for the serious answers, Malaga City sounds good, I stayed there for a night last year en route to Morroco, looked nice.
Old May 7th 2007, 9:01 am
Straw Man.

[QUOTE=friendlyswift;4745662]Nah, just me and him.

No worries mate, though you might not want to ask me, what with me being from...well, you know...

Originally Posted by big wheels

We're just looking for somewhere in Spain that has bar jobs or similar going, but that isn't some terrible touristy hell swarming with drunken English. Thought this might be a good place to ask.

Thanks for the serious answers, Malaga City sounds good, I stayed there for a night last year en route to Morroco, looked nice.
Hmmmmm..........
Old May 7th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Mr rugbymatt!

I know you like to have a bit of fun.........and I'm glad to see the "feisty newbies" aren't actually taking the bait.............but what is it about you and people from Liverpool!!!?

My Dad's a Scouser, and although he's not perfect....... who is?

I'm not going to make a sweeping generalisation here and assume that these two young (men?) are avid Liverpool fans.............but I am, and I've been meaning to take you to task for some time about your thread in The Locker Room!!
Besides which, I thought you were disparaging about ALL football (as opposed to your beloved rugby) so why did you want to start a thread about my team!!?
Get back to your crotch grabbing, Haka chanting, gum shield chomping sport - and leave my team alone!!

Now, being serious for a mo - don't you think you should take a bit more notice of the current words under your avatar, and apply them to these poor unsuspecting newbies (are they bovvered!? )
And another thing, do you change your underwear as often as you change your avatar etc!! How is a girl supposed to keep up!? (With your avatar that is, not your underwear!! )

Right, consider yourself seriously admonished (bet you're quaking in your rugby boots now, aren't you?)

To the O/P, sorry I can't help you with any suggestions for a good area to work in - I live in a very rural area that wouldn't be any use to you!
However, good luck to you both, and hope you have a great summer.
A young friend of mine is off to do the same thing in June; I think it's great to take these opportunities when you can.
Make the most of it, and have something good to look back on.

(Trouble with rugbymatt is, I think he's got too much to look back on!! )
Old May 7th 2007, 10:31 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by brisca
Mr rugbymatt!

I know you like to have a bit of fun.........and I'm glad to see the "feisty newbies" aren't actually taking the bait.............but what is it about you and people from Liverpool!!!?

My Dad's a Scouser, and although he's not perfect....... who is?

I'm not going to make a sweeping generalisation here and assume that these two young (men?) are avid Liverpool fans.............but I am, and I've been meaning to take you to task for some time about your thread in The Locker Room!!
Besides which, I thought you were disparaging about ALL football (as opposed to your beloved rugby) so why did you want to start a thread about my team!!?
Get back to your crotch grabbing, Haka chanting, gum shield chomping sport - and leave my team alone!!

Now, being serious for a mo - don't you think you should take a bit more notice of the current words under your avatar, and apply them to these poor unsuspecting newbies (are they bovvered!? )
And another thing, do you change your underwear as often as you change your avatar etc!! How is a girl supposed to keep up!? (With your avatar that is, not your underwear!! )

Right, consider yourself seriously admonished (bet you're quaking in your rugby boots now, aren't you?)

To the O/P, sorry I can't help you with any suggestions for a good area to work in - I live in a very rural area that wouldn't be any use to you!
However, good luck to you both, and hope you have a great summer.
A young friend of mine is off to do the same thing in June; I think it's great to take these opportunities when you can.
Make the most of it, and have something good to look back on.

(Trouble with rugbymatt is, I think he's got too much to look back on!! )

Well, what do I say to that eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.