Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Work form home in spain

Work form home in spain

Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Gabriel83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work form home in spain

Hello, I am Spanish. I am working for UK company and they told me I am free to move on to Spain and work from home there. I read a lot in Internet about the topic and I didnt get nothing clear about this.
Can I move to Spain and work from there as home based? Should I pay some tax? I will have to be travelling to UK each three month so I would be in Spain on a row just for less than 3 month probably, also I will live in a house of some relatives so I wont have any home contract or similar. I will really appreciate any help or advice you can provide me. Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:34 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work form home in spain

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 6:34 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, it's legal to work from home in Spain. If you live here, like most places, you will be obliged to pay taxes. Inconvenient, I know. Death and taxes...
Old Nov 13th 2017, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gabriel83
Hello, I am Spanish. I am working for UK company and they told me I am free to move on to Spain and work from home there. I read a lot in Internet about the topic and I didnt get nothing clear about this.
Can I move to Spain and work from there as home based? Should I pay some tax? I will have to be travelling to UK each three month so I would be in Spain on a row just for less than 3 month probably, also I will live in a house of some relatives so I wont have any home contract or similar. I will really appreciate any help or advice you can provide me. Thanks
In general, if you spend more than half the year in Spain you need to pay tax and social security in Spain. If your employer is registered in Spain they might be able to sort this out for you and give you a Spanish employment contract. If not then you probably have to register yourself as an autonomo in Spain, send invoices to your company in the UK, and declare income to Hacienda as well as pay autonomo fees. Many people use a gestora for this.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 5:54 am
Just Joined

Gabriel83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Thank you very much for the quick answer. Had someone the same problem? I was reading the CE 883/2004 European Normative, and in the article no 12 in particular cases tell that is not needed to pay taxes in a second country if you are less than 24 month, is that correct?
Old Nov 14th 2017, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gabriel83
Hello,

Thank you very much for the quick answer. Had someone the same problem? I was reading the CE 883/2004 European Normative, and in the article no 12 in particular cases tell that is not needed to pay taxes in a second country if you are less than 24 month, is that correct?
Yes I did read somewhere that you can move to another EU country for up to 2 years on a temporary basis, and continue paying tax/social security in the country you are moving from. It's probably best to contact the UK tax authorities regarding this matter, in fact I'm pretty sure you need to tell them anyway if you are moving abroad.