Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Work contract information .

Work contract information .

Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:53 am
Just Joined

rockdude1958 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work contract information .

Please could anyone advise me ive been offered a position working from the 1st april till the 31st oct of this year in a Bar. The Bar owner is English and at the moment he is in the uk i have accepted the work but need to know where i stand on the contract he has offered me, He has not given me anything to sign at the moment and ive been told i could get fined without the right paperwork should an official come in to the Bar.He has told me he might not be coming over for a few months meaning i would working without any paperwork please could anyone advise me, many thanks.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:15 pm
Banned

ddtown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work contract information .

Very suspicious, I'd avoid it.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

sensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud of

A lot of bar owners dont give contracts,they should and if you get one it will likely be for less than the hours you work,a contract gives you access to the health system,you would need an nie number to do that,simple to get,if the bar owner gets found out he will be fined a lot more than you<<<<<(you probably wont be if you are legal in spain)The bar will just be closed down and you can bugger off back to England no probs

but remember the bar has to have all the paperwork up to date with the council,and if you are running it for some guy in england,he is just using you,I doubt you would make a lot and at the end,might get away with 6 months in the sun at best and a few free beers,personally,if you want a bit of fun for 6 months,have a go,remember your the one with the till if the guy messes you about
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:47 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

It would appear that one of my local bars is only employing staff for 11 months and then changing them, so no permanant contract
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:52 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sensationalfrog
A lot of bar owners dont give contracts,they should and if you get one it will likely be for less than the hours you work,a contract gives you access to the health system,you would need an nie number to do that,simple to get,if the bar owner gets found out he will be fined a lot more than you<<<<<(you probably wont be if you are legal in spain)The bar will just be closed down and you can bugger off back to England no probs

but remember the bar has to have all the paperwork up to date with the council,and if you are running it for some guy in england,he is just using you,I doubt you would make a lot and at the end,might get away with 6 months in the sun at best and a few free beers,personally,if you want a bit of fun for 6 months,have a go,remember your the one with the till if the guy messes you about
and if you are doing the work for a "ghost" would you not then be liable for any/all legal matters with the Spanish authorities

there have been raids on the CDS where employers have been fined and had proper contracts imposed for staff, including backpay IIRC, but the Workers Tribunal or whatever it is called only has a limited number of staff to do this work and Spain is a big place.
Most people are glad to have a little bit of money coming in irrespective of the terms.
One girl I spoke to locally said she only got 5 days holiday a year. She had to be in the bar on all public holidays. Can you see that happening in the UK ??
Old Mar 13th 2013, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rockdude1958
Please could anyone advise me ive been offered a position working from the 1st april till the 31st oct of this year in a Bar. The Bar owner is English and at the moment he is in the uk i have accepted the work but need to know where i stand on the contract he has offered me, He has not given me anything to sign at the moment and ive been told i could get fined without the right paperwork should an official come in to the Bar.He has told me he might not be coming over for a few months meaning i would working without any paperwork please could anyone advise me, many thanks.
Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!