Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Work for accountant ,Alicante?

Work for accountant ,Alicante?

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

brandane has a spectacular aura aboutbrandane has a spectacular aura aboutbrandane has a spectacular aura about
Default Work for accountant ,Alicante?

Hi,would love to move Murcia,Alicante areas,I am a qualified accountant ,not Spanish speaking,was wondering if there would be work for me,maybe with expats etc,any suggestions? thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work for accountant ,Alicante?

Originally Posted by brandane
Hi,would love to move Murcia,Alicante areas,I am a qualified accountant ,not Spanish speaking,was wondering if there would be work for me,maybe with expats etc,any suggestions? thanks
Hi there

Problem you may find is that there are lots of Gestorias around that will help with tax and even lodge your returns for very little money. Average wages here are relatively low compared to the UK and of course working hours are completely different that takes a bit of getting used to
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brandane
I am a qualified accountant
would the qualifications be relevant here ? sure Fred will know
Old Nov 4th 2008, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

iant will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by spain
would the qualifications be relevant here ? sure Fred will know
Unless you are thinking of practising as an official auditor, in which case you would need to become a member of one of the recognised Spanish professional bodies permitted to perform statutory audit work, as an independent professional you would have to be thinking about book-keeping services and/or tax work, both of which would also require knowledge of local legislation as well as a good level of Spanish.

There might be some opportunities to perform work for ex-pat businesses, but again local technical expertise would be essential to compete with the local "gestorias" and fiscal advisors.

There's always the chance of working as a chief accountant or financial controller for a Spanish subsidiary of a multinational group, but again local knowledge and Spanish language ability would normally be necessary.

iant