Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Woodburning back boiler

Woodburning back boiler

Old Jul 4th 2012, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

flotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Woodburning back boiler

Hi I have seen an advert for wood burning back boiler and radiators to heat our house. Has anyone got one of these? How effective is it and does it use loads of wood? Currently we have a woodburner that heats the main room in the house but it does not get heat to the bedrooms, we have electric radiators but if we put more than 3 on the fuse blows and when we get the electric bill I have palpitations. Thanks for any help.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woodburning back boiler

Originally Posted by flotsum
Hi I have seen an advert for wood burning back boiler and radiators to heat our house. Has anyone got one of these? How effective is it and does it use loads of wood? Currently we have a woodburner that heats the main room in the house but it does not get heat to the bedrooms, we have electric radiators but if we put more than 3 on the fuse blows and when we get the electric bill I have palpitations. Thanks for any help.
Wood burners are great if you have a free or reasonably priced wood supply , it needs to be dried ideally for two years to burn well , back boilers are good with best quality logs , damp / green wood will not burn hot enough to keep the flue clear of tar / resins and when you add a back boiler it cools the flue even more. Never waste your money on olive roots that some unscrupulous builders merchants try to sell as logs , they will need two years to dry and still are not that good.
Have a look at pellet burners as they can be very efficient and there is/was subsidies available in Spain.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

flotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woodburning back boiler

Thanks for this