Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Wise - € to £

Wise - € to £

Old May 11th 2024, 3:43 am
Just Joined

Dazbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wise - € to £

I live in Spain and have using Wise for many years to send money from the UK to Spain (£ to €).

I now wanted to do it the other way round (€ to £).

It just gives me a UK Wise account number to transfer it to? No point.

How can I do it?

In my wise account if see a my GBP "jar" with sort code and number. The EUR "jar" is not activated.

I have a wise card if that helps?

Thanks

Old May 11th 2024, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wise - € to £

Originally Posted by Dazbear
I live in Spain and have using Wise for many years to send money from the UK to Spain (£ to €).

How can I do it?

In my wise account if see a my GBP "jar" with sort code and number. The EUR "jar" is not activated.

Thanks
If I understand you correctly all you need to do is activate the Euro pot and you will get BE Belgium IBAN number…. Send your euros to this account and then convert € to £ and you are good to go.
Old May 11th 2024, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the wise app, all you do is add a currency.
I have UK£, Euro's, OZ and US dollars.

On the one with your balance (in your case €) click this and you will get choices ADD, CONVERT, SEND and the three little dots.
Click CONVERT and you can then input the amount and the currency...

When we were in OZ last year and the Uk this year. I left the money in my € account and just spent it. Wise moves it and applies the exchange rate. That way I didnt have any Oz or £ which would then cost me to convert back to euros...
Old May 11th 2024, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
If I understand you correctly all you need to do is activate the Euro pot and you will get BE Belgium IBAN number…. Send your euros to this account and then convert € to £ and you are good to go.
In saying this I have assumed you don’t have any funds in Wise at the moment as you mentioned that Euros are not activated ?
Old May 12th 2024, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Jakeinaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Euro to GBP is exactly the same as the other way round. You open a Euro account you'll get the relevant information needed to pay in.
Old May 12th 2024, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

How can I do it?

Thanks
Are you trying to send money from your Wise account to a UK bank account? (and not the uk IBAN within Wise)

Steve
Old May 12th 2024, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Jakeinaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
I'm a bit sceptical, but that's just me
Old May 12th 2024, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Just add your UK bank as a recipient.
Old May 12th 2024, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Wise has been trustworthy and reliable for me fantastic service been using it for years without a problem.