Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

winter fuel payment.

winter fuel payment.

Old Jan 26th 2016, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default winter fuel payment.

I have been informed that stopping fuel payment was based on false accounting and that those of who are elligable should clain asap. True or false?
Old Jan 26th 2016, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

newpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: winter fuel payment.

False
Old Jan 26th 2016, 12:29 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teuchterpete
I have been informed that stopping fuel payment was based on false accounting and that those of who are elligable should clain asap. True or false?
You can claim, but unless you can prove in the EU courts that the premise was wrong, then you are extremely unlikely to do any good.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

I was told that the UK government based the temperatures over 4 months and claimed that it was over a year. Also that it has been challanged in the EU courts and initial findings are that UK government are at fault.This is only what I have been told not my own research, and I could be misinformed.
However if correct, it would not be the first time that the UK government have messed things .
Old Jan 26th 2016, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: winter fuel payment.

Originally Posted by teuchterpete
I was told that the UK government based the temperatures over 4 months and claimed that it was over a year. Also that it has been challanged in the EU courts and initial findings are that UK government are at fault.This is only what I have been told not my own research, and I could be misinformed.
However if correct, it would not be the first time that the UK government have messed things .
They were determined to get the result the daily mail wanted, stop payments for those who had left UK. TAKE FRANCE AS AN EXAMPLE most if not all Brit expats in Fance will live in European France however they included all of the French overseas departments in Africa, Central America and the South Pacific. There are many areas of Spain that have much harsher winters than 98% of UK BUT THE DAILY WAIL CONCENTRATED ATTENTION ON THE MED COSTAS. No doubt the civil servants derived a model that showed all expats basked in winter temps in the low 20's forgetting that clear daytime sky's means a very rapid drop as the sun goes down and the day /night temp range is much higher than normal in UK.

I seem to recall that the WFA was invented to top up a miserable level of state pension and good old Gordon Brown thought he was being clever since it was not subject to tax but along comes the other lot and start hacking back at select groups who mostly don't vote in UK. WE OLDER PENSIONERS ARE NOW IN A BIND SINCE THE WFA IS ROLLED INTO THE NEW UNIVERSAL PENSIONawarded after only 35 years compared to my 45 which we won't get and the WFA HAS GONE.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jan 26th 2016 at 8:36 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that, can't blame me for trying!
Pete
Old Jan 27th 2016, 10:17 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Damn! I keep telling myself I should apply for it. I reckon it might buy a new wash machine. The old one is getting wonky. I don't mind buying a new one, but if UK taxpayers are willing to pay for it, why not?
Old Jan 27th 2016, 10:31 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Damn! I keep telling myself I should apply for it. I reckon it might buy a new wash machine. The old one is getting wonky. I don't mind buying a new one, but if UK taxpayers are willing to pay for it, why not?
You can apply. but you wont get it..
Old Jan 27th 2016, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth, Dorset, UK....Now in Sabariego, Nr Alcala la Real, Jaén
ricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the rough

Had the WFA for a few years, but to be honest, as someone said to me the other day - 'no use crying or grumbling over spilt milk'...lol....it was useful at the time. It bought 2 to 3 months of logs for the wood-burner stove. Do we miss the WFA? ...no..

Will the WFA ever return?...I have no idea.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
They were determined to get the result the daily mail wanted, stop payments for those who had left UK. TAKE FRANCE AS AN EXAMPLE most if not all Brit expats in Fance will live in European France however they included all of the French overseas departments in Africa, Central America and the South Pacific. There are many areas of Spain that have much harsher winters than 98% of UK BUT THE DAILY WAIL CONCENTRATED ATTENTION ON THE MED COSTAS. No doubt the civil servants derived a model that showed all expats basked in winter temps in the low 20's forgetting that clear daytime sky's means a very rapid drop as the sun goes down and the day /night temp range is much higher than normal in UK.

I seem to recall that the WFA was invented to top up a miserable level of state pension and good old Gordon Brown thought he was being clever since it was not subject to tax but along comes the other lot and start hacking back at select groups who mostly don't vote in UK. WE OLDER PENSIONERS ARE NOW IN A BIND SINCE THE WFA IS ROLLED INTO THE NEW UNIVERSAL PENSIONawarded after only 35 years compared to my 45 which we won't get and the WFA HAS GONE.
If as you say WFA is to be rolled into the new single tier pension then many UK citizens are going to lose out. Those that have private or government pensions will not get the full single tier pension due having been contracted out and paying slightly less NI for the time contracted out. I have had my pension forecast and due to this will lose around £35 less than the full single tier pension even with 42 years NI contributions the years over 35 get no credit. In essence I will get the equvlant to the current state pension, there will be many in the same position.As a UK resident if it had stayed as is I would get same amount of pension + WFA however if rolled into the single tier pension then effectively those with private/government pensions are being penalised really . Mind as always the government use the word fair which in my experience means those of us that have worked and contributed all our lives are going to get our eyes taken out. Government keeps saying plan for the future get a private pension then we can screw you over.

Last edited by bobd22; Jan 27th 2016 at 3:13 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

There are always winners and losers in any change. I am a loser due to serps and higher NI I have paid but if it simplifies the system it must be better.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
There are always winners and losers in any change. I am a loser due to serps and higher NI I have paid but if it simplifies the system it must be better.
I accept that but I bet many will not be aware of the full facts of this single tier pension.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I also believe that re SERPs, if the amount held in Serps takes you above the single tier pension then you will still get them but if amount held are below single tier pension then that is taken into account and rolled into the single tier pension.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
I also believe that re SERPs, if the amount held in Serps takes you above the single tier pension then you will still get them but if amount held are below single tier pension then that is taken into account and rolled into the single tier pension.
You only get the amount above the new pension compared to the old pension not the full value of serps paid for and built up.
Having paid full stamp for over 35 years out of the 48 years I have contributed my forecast was still reduced for a short period I was contracted out although my serps pushed it over the new pension rate.

It is only recently that the effects of the new pension has become clearer. Most shall be receiving less than than they thought.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Unfortunately I have been contracted out for 40 out of 44 years 22 Forces and 18 Police. As with the forces pension you do not have to pay into, I was never aware I was contracted out. I just accept that I will have what I have when they pay it to me. I feel sorry for the likes of my wife who had built up a little extra by paying into Serps to now find out she would have got exactly the same had she never bothered. As you said previously some you win some you lose, biggest winners i see are those that never worked and lived off the state, but that is another issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.