Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Windows 10 free crock of SH£$

Windows 10 free crock of SH£$

Old Sep 10th 2015, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Windows 10 free crock of SH£$

I've got an Android phone and I use Droidwall, It is excellent, nothing gets through at all. You can allow Access to the programs/apps that you want and block EVERYTHING else.
The downside is that I have installed whatsapp but I can't get it to work, says it can't connect to https://mobile.twitter etc......
Old Sep 10th 2015, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

I should add that my phone is rooted, but I think that has a bearing on mobiles not tablets unless they are also mobiles.
Old Oct 3rd 2015, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Win10 and the NSA

It looks like there the connections between Win10 and the NSA are being confirmed by evermore sources.
Here are a few interesting notes,-
Microsoft's Windows 10 Preview has permission to watch your every move- The Inquirer
There is loads of stuff about Win10 and the NSA on the Net.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 7:55 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Win10 and the NSA

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
It looks like there the connections between Win10 and the NSA are being confirmed by evermore sources.
Here are a few interesting notes,-
Microsoft's Windows 10 Preview has permission to watch your every move- The Inquirer
There is loads of stuff about Win10 and the NSA on the Net.
Pretty much as mentioned in the first few posts.

I always thought that Orwells 1984 would never come to pass, in the sense that people would always be able to enjoy a reasonable degree of privacy within the confines of their homes.
However after reading about what Microsoft are up to, I really begin to wonder.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 9:17 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow Windows 10 has managed to lose my contacts list and so far I have not been able to sort the problem out.

Rosemary
Old Oct 19th 2015, 11:17 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Any more news as to how people got on with this? I still haven't upgraded as although I have full back ups of my PC, you never know how good a backup is until you have to use it
Old Oct 19th 2015, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having trouble as I cannot locate my Bluetooth device in Win 10

So I have just reset the PC back to original Win 8.1 with no issues.

However still cannot find Bluetooth
Old Oct 19th 2015, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think you probably need to reinstall the BT drivers, I had to do this several times in the last year with the normal win8.1 upgrades. Have a look in your System and its Hardware. I'm still getting pestered with W10 messages to upgrade which I ignore. After my one and only W10 aborted (by W10) upgrade attempt it automatically deleted itself which was it's best feature. However it did take a few drivers with it here and there, notably Motorola ones.

Last edited by Maybe1day; Oct 19th 2015 at 5:37 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2015, 6:57 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
I think you probably need to reinstall the BT drivers, I had to do this several times in the last year with the normal win8.1 upgrades. Have a look in your System and its Hardware. I'm still getting pestered with W10 messages to upgrade which I ignore. After my one and only W10 aborted (by W10) upgrade attempt it automatically deleted itself which was it's best feature. However it did take a few drivers with it here and there, notably Motorola ones.
They went to 10.1 though didnt they, which was supposed to sort out the issues?
Old Oct 20th 2015, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

I don't know or care now, I've just run "I don't want win10.exe" and the Icon and reminders etc appear to have gone.
I noticed something odd yesterday which said that google was recording keystrokes in order to improve their services!!!!!!!
WTF is this? Let's have your passwords mateys, Then the NSA or Mafia can DO YOU really well.
Old Oct 20th 2015, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the process of reinstalling Win 10 on my laptop ( after deleting yesterday )

It has come up with an agreement I must accept if I live in or work in the USA. I don't so I didn't accept. Result I can't have Win 10.

Therefore no option but to accept this agreement that I don't remember seeing the first time I installed Win 10.
Old Oct 20th 2015, 9:43 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of all this spyware, I have an android pad, which auto-updates apps from time to time (actually, quite often).

Anyway, whenever an app update requires additional access to something that requires your permission, I am informed that this app requires my permission BEFORE it will update the app. All well and good, except...

If I ignore the "app update requires new permissions" message for more than a day, it will automatically update the app anyway. Without my permission.

I can't imagine this is legal, and I can't find anything that allows me to manage this specific behaviour.

I too am wary of all this nonsense. I therefore never use my real name in any sign-ons or accounts, and never use online banking or enter any sensitive information from my pad. But I do notice that despite these evasive manoeuvres, Facebook (which I don't use and have no Facebook account) and Linked in (I do use, but never from my pad) both seem to know exactly who I am. By name. They obviously are reading my private emails (surely robotically), because my email addresses also bear no resemblance to my real identity. Only the content of the emails could reveal this personal information.

I find this all very disconcerting. There seems to be no escape.
Old Oct 20th 2015, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by amideislas

At my age death is the ultimate escape route
Old Oct 21st 2015, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Speaking of all this spyware, I have an android pad, which auto-updates apps from time to time (actually, quite often).

Anyway, whenever an app update requires additional access to something that requires your permission, I am informed that this app requires my permission BEFORE it will update the app. All well and good, except...

If I ignore the "app update requires new permissions" message for more than a day, it will automatically update the app anyway. Without my permission.

I can't imagine this is legal, and I can't find anything that allows me to manage this specific behaviour.

I too am wary of all this nonsense. I therefore never use my real name in any sign-ons or accounts, and never use online banking or enter any sensitive information from my pad. But I do notice that despite these evasive manoeuvres, Facebook (which I don't use and have no Facebook account) and Linked in (I do use, but never from my pad) both seem to know exactly who I am. By name. They obviously are reading my private emails (surely robotically), because my email addresses also bear no resemblance to my real identity. Only the content of the emails could reveal this personal information.

I agree.

I'm an ex network/IT engineer. My training was based on strict and predictable protocol standards. However, these days I am very nervous about the implications of internet and social media usage. How the hell my personal data is exchanged and used is often beyond me.

My spam box in Gmail is constantly growing. OK they're being filtered out but I'm still worried that they are being sent to me in the first place.
I would like to use a different account, but it's a big hassle changing. Especially when the account drives my Android device as well.
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

My Pc did another update yesterday and you know what, I've got all the win10 crap back again. Now I have blocked updates from the system and in the Update menu which it did not seem to accept.
There was also another message "Windows updates might update itself automatically first when checking for other updates" this is a nasty one!
I hope I have stopped it checking!
I will now run "I don't want win 10.exe" again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.