Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Will they work in Spain?

Will they work in Spain?

Old Jun 29th 2006, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Terrycaltel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will they work in Spain?

Hello all, First time caller here. Hoping to move over in 2/3 months (Alicante) so I'll start you all off with an easy one.
I've got a 42" Plasma and a 36" L.C.D. television. I'm not good with electrics....do they need converted, or will they work with just adapters...or will they just not work at all?? Cheers.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Will they work in Spain?

They will work but will not receive the sound of Spanish analogue television and will only work with Spanish AV equipment by connecting with a euroconnector lead (SCART) or RCA phono plugs.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
They will work but will not receive the sound of Spanish analogue television and will only work with Spanish AV equipment by connecting with a euroconnector lead (SCART) or RCA phono plugs.
Thanks for that...Terry.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

as beach forgot to mention, i´ll jump in - any sky equipment, connected with the scart or red/white/yellow plugs will work as well, as will any ps2 or xbox etc etc.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 10:40 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Spanish sound works on mine
So does Cable and Sky.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:18 am
McT
Just Joined

McT is an unknown quantity at this point

As they are plasma/LCD TVs they are probably fairly new and will almost certainly be able to receive Spanish broadcast TV. Check the specs, or see if there's a set-up menu which will allow you to change from PAL-I (UK) to PAL-G (Spain).

McT
Old Jun 30th 2006, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by McT
As they are plasma/LCD TVs they are probably fairly new and will almost certainly be able to receive Spanish broadcast TV. Check the specs, or see if there's a set-up menu which will allow you to change from PAL-I (UK) to PAL-G (Spain).

McT
Thanks for those tips....Terry