Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

This will interest Bil.

This will interest Bil.

Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:07 am
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice
Default This will interest Bil.

As bil is about to attempt a huge water drilling project in Spain, i found this and thought instantly that HHO gas produced from water would be right up his finca.

Bil just send me a share of the profits.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...17001723824174
Old Apr 29th 2009, 10:04 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This will interest Bil.

I'll doubtless get accused of pedantry, but the gas with the chem formula H-O-H is actually steam, or water vapour.

I think if you strip away the sensationalism, all he is doing is electrolysing water to give hydrogen and oxygen, and then burning that to combine the two gases back into water.

The fact that burning hydrogen and oxygen gives water should amaze no-one who studied the basics of chemistry at school.

The catch is this. If you put 100 units of energy into turning water into its component elements, then when you burn them to generate energy, you will get less than 100 ellements out, thru losses. You would be better off using the original 100 to do what you wanted.

What would be very worrying is if he has found a way to release those gases using less than the 100 units of energy. That would be an over unity device, a 'device ' that produces more energy than it takes to run it.

It sounds wonderful. Imagine a box that you could plug into the wall, that required a kilowatt an hour to run, but created two kilowatts of energy.

Free energy, no carbon, no fossil fuels. What's more, you can plug two boxes into the one and generate 4 KW, sell three to the grid and use one to run the machines, and so on.

The more you used, the more energy you could generate, and pretty soon every house down to the smallest mud hut would have them installed.

There would be no need for energy conservation, and we would flood the world with waste heat (because all that energy has to end up as heat), and we would fry in our own waste heat.

It would save us from the greenhouse gas problem, but would have to be used most carefully.

It's a great cutting gas, it isn't as radiant as oxyacetelene, so torch parts won't get as hot.

If there is a 'magic trick' it will be in how the water is electrolysed. I've heard a lot about over unity devices, but despite the fact that if they worked it would transform our society in the same way anti gravity would, or the wheel did, nothing has ever come of them.

I won't be buying shares just yet.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 10:12 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
It sounds wonderful. Imagine a box that you could plug into the wall, that required a kilowatt an hour to run, but created two kilowatts of energy.
Aircon units do that and produce nearer 3kw from one kw input.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 10:38 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Aircon units do that and produce nearer 3kw from one kw input.
What they don't do is create energy from nothing. They give a great return but don't break any of the laws of thermodynamics. I assume that what they do is to use one KW to extract and concentrate three KW from the environment. Don't ask me how.

If they did, then you could use their output to generate more energy than went into them. A bit like a magic piggybank where every time you stuck a £1 coin in, three fell out of the end.

Like the three wishes wher every third wish is for 3 more.

Without some of this 'magic' his claim that it will eliminate the need for fossil fuel is silly. Where does he get the energy to dissociate the water in the first place?
Old Apr 29th 2009, 10:40 am
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

I must admit the vid was from 2007 and since were no closer to the action, i guess I`ll have to find some other way to earn cash.

Having said that big industry does tend to snuff out inventions that could changing the course of humanity.

The light bulb guy would never have succeded in today`s market place.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 10:49 am
bil
Banned

I dunno. I don't deny that if you get in the way of the big boys you are toast, but in today's environment of greenhouse etc, an over unity device would be a licence to print megabucks.

I can't see anything like that staying under cover for long. All the OU guys working with water seem to say the same thing. It's how you apply the electricity to the water. Something to do with the frequency of the current?

I'd also try different materials for the electrodes, and different textures, as a porous anode/cathode might do better.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry bil, you can borrow mine.

Just found outside backdoor, one month before making the move- oh Joy!
Attached Thumbnails This will interest Bil.-dsc00107.jpg  
Old May 1st 2009, 8:38 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Aircon units don't produce 3Kw from 1Kw. What they do is to convert the heat from one area to another. I.E. they take the heat from the room you are in and put the same heat into the atmosphere.

Or in reverse, when it is 5C outside, and 20C in your lounge, they exract some heat from the 5C and put it into your 20C lounge. But to do this they cool the 5C air using 1Kw to do it

Davexf
Old May 1st 2009, 9:09 am
bil
Banned

Thanks. Maybe that's what these over unity guys claim to do, using a small amount of power to release energy from somewhere else.

That way there would be no violation of the laws of thermodynamics.
Old May 2nd 2009, 5:14 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

Aircon units don't produce 3Kw from 1Kw. What they do is to convert the heat from one area to another. I.E. they take the heat from the room you are in and put the same heat into the atmosphere.

Or in reverse, when it is 5C outside, and 20C in your lounge, they exract some heat from the 5C and put it into your 20C lounge. But to do this they cool the 5C air using 1Kw to do it

Davexf
That depends on how you look at it. As far as I am concerned, if I put 1kw into my unit I get 3kw out of it.

I couldn't care less where the extra 2kw comes from - I don't have to pay for it!
Old May 2nd 2009, 5:43 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fred,

Lets not enter into a long prolongued arguement. You use 1 Kw to get 3 Kws of heat.

Or conversely, you use 1Kw to get 3Kws of cold (in summer)

Davexf