Wikileaks

Old Dec 25th 2010, 7:06 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wikileaks

Interesting article about him in the Daily Hate last week, seems a lot of people who once supported are falling away pretty quick, the journo at the Guardian who first ran with the story is refusing to even deal with him now.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 10:22 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Interesting article about him in the Daily Hate last week, seems a lot of people who once supported are falling away pretty quick, the journo at the Guardian who first ran with the story is refusing to even deal with him now.
That just makes me wonder. We will be unlikely to ever know the truth, but I'm willing to bet there's and awful lot of people working hard to muddy the water.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 4:38 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
That just makes me wonder. We will be unlikely to ever know the truth, but I'm willing to bet there's and awful lot of people working hard to muddy the water.
I agree, propaganda used to be dropping leaflets from the sky and Lord Haw Haw on some obscure radio station, and then we got Campbell and the spin machines, and the Sun newspaper deciding who was going to win the election.

Anyone gullible with an internet connection nowadays must be going around with a spinning head, wondering who to believe or who to vote for next.

Maybe I should include myself in that category – I was all for Obama at first and now don’t think much of him (not since he sent the Churchill bust back, and wanted to invade BP).

I quite liked Clegg until he started lying, and the way the wikileaks guy is going I might be happy to operate the water-boarding table lever.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 4:47 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I agree, propaganda used to be dropping leaflets from the sky and Lord Haw Haw on some obscure radio station, and then we got Campbell and the spin machines, and the Sun newspaper deciding who was going to win the election.

Anyone gullible with an internet connection nowadays must be going around with a spinning head, wondering who to believe or who to vote for next.

Maybe I should include myself in that category – I was all for Obama at first and now don’t think much of him (not since he sent the Churchill bust back, and wanted to invade BP).

I quite liked Clegg until he started lying, and the way the wikileaks guy is going I might be happy to operate the water-boarding table lever.
Who to believe/vote for ?? Simples! Just tick the box that says 'None of the above.'

I have a friend who always says that the voting slip should have a box to tick that simply says 'I hate you all'.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:33 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I take your point, but I was more serious than that. To be specific, at one stage, over 20 years ago, it was a toss-up between Florida and Spain. Spain won, but it was close.

On more refection, it was the flight time which finally dissuaded me from emigrating to the land of the free, I could have handled the visa problem quite easily at that time.

Perhaps the alligators put me off as well.
Ditto, but not 20 years ago

As far as the Wikiman is concerned, I reckon the powers that be are at work, and I dont think we'll actually know the truth. People who were "friends" are falling away? I really wonder why What individual can really stand up against a powerful state like America when they decide to smear. He may be guilty, he may not .. I don't know, but I'm guessing he's not going to come out of this a winner whichever is the case
Old Dec 27th 2010, 10:00 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Ditto, but not 20 years ago

As far as the Wikiman is concerned, I reckon the powers that be are at work, and I dont think we'll actually know the truth. People who were "friends" are falling away? I really wonder why What individual can really stand up against a powerful state like America when they decide to smear. He may be guilty, he may not .. I don't know, but I'm guessing he's not going to come out of this a winner whichever is the case
One thing for sure, it certainly makes me believe the leaks that are being published. Trouble is, despite seeing the contempt with which the yanks treat us, I bet it won't change the views of the pro american part of the UK.

To me, yet another reason for the UK to keep linked to europe.

Were we linked to the yanks, they would wipe their arse with us and discard us.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 10:15 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Were we linked to the yanks, they would wipe their arse with us and discard us.
As they tried to do in the early days of WW2 when Britain stood alone, and they tried to do a deal with Canada to sell us down the river.
At least the Canadians showed some decency and would have no part of it.

Not sure how important this wikileak guy is to them.
They've made no move towards extraditing him to date, and after all it was one of their own junior servicemen who was originally responsible for doing the dirty and dropping them in it.

Could just cause them unnecessary further embarrassment by making a big thing of it.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

To me, yet another reason for the UK to keep linked to europe.
To fight alongside the French or the Yanks? Not a big lover of our colonial cousins across the pond, but .......
Old Dec 27th 2010, 11:02 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Not just the USA Government who is being embarrassed by the leaks if you look back on them.

Personally I would prefer to see the UK align itself with the US than Europe.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 11:08 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Aligning with the US appears to involve engaging in wars in Iraq, Afghanistan etc. Fair enough if it really is necessary to our security, but I suspect we'll be pulling out of Afghanistan without having achieved anything, save for blowing up x 1000s of local shepherd families (and quite a few of home grown soldiers to boot).
Old Dec 27th 2010, 11:22 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they should pull out and leave them to their Poppy wars, seal the borders as they leave too.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 11:26 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Not just the USA Government who is being embarrassed by the leaks if you look back on them.

We have aligned ourselves with the US rather than Europe for many years now, despite joining the EU, reluctantly, because 60% of our exports go that way. From the leaks it appears that the Americans no longer want us (or need us).

I always find this a difficult one to call, our links to the US are strong ones, historically and language wise, but a look at the map points us to the EU for closer ties. But the two Big Wars are not that far away and as a country we tend to dwell on them more than our European neighbours.

I’ve just realised that there haven’t been any leaks about Spain, to my knowledge; maybe they’re still to come.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 11:37 am
Banned

America is one of the biggest importers of UK goods.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 11:55 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve just realised that there haven’t been any leaks about Spain, to my knowledge; maybe they’re still to come.
Lots of leaks pertaining to Spain - if you read the El Pais website you'd have seen a section devoted to stuff each day.
Starting to die back a bit now, but a quick look brought back this story (US using the arrest of a Marine in 2009 to accuse Barcelona police of being racist)
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/espan...lpepunac_3/Tes

Also, didn't the law "Sinde" fail because of the Wikileaks? I've not followed this (as I don't do illegal downloads!) so I may have got the wrong end of the stick

Last edited by steviedeluxe; Dec 27th 2010 at 12:03 pm.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 3:21 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jackytoo

Try having a look at how the us treats such partners, and then think again.

We are prtners in Europe, but with the US, we would always be a poodle.

Did you not read Dick's post re the yanks trying to cut a deal with the Canadians to sell us down the river?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.