WiFi CCTV

Old Jul 8th 2018, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

murfmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WiFi CCTV

Evening all, does anyone have any experience/thoughts on the above for a level of remote monitoring while we're back in the UK?

There are a few 'systems' like hive and nest, but not sure(suspect they are)if they're proprietary to UK companies and probably won't work in Spain(?)

Then there's the 'non-proprietary' - seem to be about £150-350+ depending on number of cameras(4) quality etc... but does anybody know if they actually work? anyone have them or tried them? or are you as well off paying the local security for their services..??

M
Old Jul 8th 2018, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WiFi CCTV

I like the Arlo Q, works well in the uk, you will have to research their website to see if there are geographical limitations. One point to bear in mind is that whilst it provides one weeks free storage, one of their rivals who provided similar then discontinued the service and started to charge for storage separately! Hopefully Arlo will remain free for storage.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

Championi is an unknown quantity at this point

I use a few 'sricam' units in the uk... £20 each off a well known auction site. All installed easy peasy on my phone, so I can monitor from anywhere.

Those 'ring' video doorbells are supposed to be good, down to £90 in Argos. I'm getting me one when I have a day off!
Old Jul 10th 2018, 2:06 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I've installed ANNKE CCTV systems, but only the wired versions set up for local record and view. However, what your looking for is probably available on their website. I source mine from Amazon.

You'll need to make sure whichever DVR you get can be set up with an IP address and an internet connection (wifi or wired).

Try here 1080P DVR Security Systems | ANNKE, and look at the ones labelled 'remote' on the pop-up when you place your cursor over each image.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

murfmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all - I’m now looking at the options, and checking reviews
Old Jul 10th 2018, 5:13 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that if you are planning to instal exterior cameras they must not cover anything at all apart from your property.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 11:11 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Remember that if you are planning to instal exterior cameras they must not cover anything at all apart from your property.
Most decent CCTV systems allow you to set privacy zones where the images aren't recorded.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 10:33 am
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

so I cant put camera out to see who is outside our gate?
so what about the video bell?
Old Jul 11th 2018, 10:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by HeikeundAlan
so I cant put camera out to see who is outside our gate?
so what about the video bell?
I'm not sure about Spanish law, but in the UK you generally shouldn't aim a camera at the windows of someone else's home (which we usually set the privacy blocks) or the neighbour's garden.

But the road outside you home is fine in the UK.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 11:13 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The official guide (https://www.aepd.es/media/fichas/fic...i-vivienda.pdf) says that:-

The images captured by the cameras will be limited to the home that is owned. No images of the public road can be captured except for a minimum strip of access to the house. Neither will be able to capture images of land and adjoining houses or any other space outside. • If adjustable and / or zoom cameras are used, the installation of privacy masks will be necessary to avoid capturing images of the public road, land and housing of third parties.

As for video door bells, I assume that would be covered by the point about access to the house. Also video door bells do not normally record.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 11:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Fred James
The official guide (https://www.aepd.es/media/fichas/fic...i-vivienda.pdf) says that:-

The images captured by the cameras will be limited to the home that is owned. No images of the public road can be captured except for a minimum strip of access to the house. Neither will be able to capture images of land and adjoining houses or any other space outside. • If adjustable and / or zoom cameras are used, the installation of privacy masks will be necessary to avoid capturing images of the public road, land and housing of third parties.

As for video door bells, I assume that would be covered by the point about access to the house. Also video door bells do not normally record.
Thanks Fred. That's very useful.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 7:04 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

We on a very small cul de sac only house here.
so many cars can be heard, so dogs start, the amount of time I have got to the gate for nobody to be there
drives my crazy camera hooked to phone, laptop or tv be great
Old Jul 15th 2018, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just installed a Blink System. One interior and one exterior camera. Very easy to set up and totally wireless so need to plug the camera into any power or connect any wires. Records motion detection clips to cloud and no subscription fee. Allows arm/disarm whilst away from property also to view live from cameras on Phone.
Not saying it's the best or suitable for all needs but it suits me. Does not act as an alarm system only camera surveillance, so an alarm system is still pretty important.
Old Jul 15th 2018, 3:52 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola
I have both a video door bell and an eight camera recoding system bought from the now defunct Maplins. I read up on the law on cameras by Googling and it said I had to put up a standard notice that the premises were covered by security cameras - about 2€ in my local ferrateria. I bought several; one for the front gate, one for the shed at the bottom of the garden, and three for the house as I have a vacant plot where anyone could jump over my 2 metre wall, and a gate to the next door neighbour on the other side. My thought was that anyone jumping over my wall to get into my garden would have the chance of seeing that they were being recorded.

Although it records 8 cameras for 23 days, I honestly believe it is simply a deterrent rather than a useful tool - the infra-red cameras stand out at night. By the way - I also told all the neighbours I had set it up and that they were welcome to see what the cameras covered - none did. I thought it would ensure my excellent neighbours would stay on excellent terms, and certainly many years later I have had no problems.

Davexf