Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Wife self employed question?

Wife self employed question?

Old May 18th 2007, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Nacnud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wife self employed question?

The wife would like to work self employed in Spain. Some of the information I have read on the web seems to contradict itself. What does she legally need to do to work in Spain please? Her work doesn't involve working from home or business premises. It's more of a service for other women, visiting them at their homes e.g. women's pampering and all that nonsense

Any help or links appreciated.
Old May 18th 2007, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife self employed question?

Originally Posted by Nacnud
The wife would like to work self employed in Spain. Some of the information I have read on the web seems to contradict itself. What does she legally need to do to work in Spain please? Her work doesn't involve working from home or business premises. It's more of a service for other women, visiting them at their homes e.g. women's pampering and all that nonsense

Any help or links appreciated.
all that nonsense sounds good to me, could do with some pampering

speak to a gestor and they will advise the best tax system for her to go onto, I suspect that most people doing this kind of work would be working on "black money" and not paying their taxes

social security ( for health care ) is approx 240€ per month to give you an idea

and there is a minimum you have to earn before paying tax I think Mitzyboy has the figures - sure there was a thread which covered this topic recently

and check out the "free beer" thread - sure the tax office link is on there
Old May 18th 2007, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Great thanks. Do we have known gestors (links) listed on this site at all?
Old May 18th 2007, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

its best to get one in the area you are living in, mine is too far away but sure there will be someone in Alicante area who can recommend one - or maybe have a look at the costa blanca news online
Old May 18th 2007, 4:20 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Spain - I think most people carrying out that type of work wouldn´t bother declaring and paying tax. It´s a different story if she decides to set up a salon though.

My wife is self employed (legally) with no business premises. Setting up was extremely easy. She had to complete a Modulo 036 (registration form for the Hacienda) and register to pay Social Security. And that was it!!

Every three months she has to do her IVA and RENTA returns. She does this via a gestor who charges 30 euros per form. In other words the gestor costs her an average of 10 euros a month.

There are gestors (particularly the english speaking ones) who will try to charge a lot more so watch out!

Keith
Old May 18th 2007, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

thanks all