WHY SPAIN ?

Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:31 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of
Default WHY SPAIN ?

hi everyone im just interested to know why so many of us brits on british expats choose to move too spain lets here your comments
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:39 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHY SPAIN ?

Many reasons why spain was number 1 for me.

First and obvious one is the lovely climate and the sun.
Short and cheap flight back to the UK. So family and friends can come out for holidays and I can go back easilly and quickly enough if i need to.
A heavy british population means that you can meet people and find friends without the language barrier.
Generally a more relaxed chilled out way of life.
No Political Correctness gone mad like the UK.
Its not a nanny state unlike the UK.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
hi everyone im just interested to know why so many of us brits on british expats choose to move too spain lets here your comments
Means: I run my own business.

Motive: Weather. Our little boy has chronic asthma and in the UK Winters spends far too long in hospital for our liking. His asthma hasn't gone away here, but touch wood is considerably better with the drier atmosphere.

Opportunity: My work (IT consultant) allows me to work largely from home. When I'm on site - customers are right across the UK and in other European countries - all with direct flights from Alicante airport. I may as well be here!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:43 pm
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Sardines, Callos, and Sukalki.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:18 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlineamiga

Short and cheap flight back to the UK. So family and friends can come out for holidays and I can go back easilly and quickly enough if i need to.
A heavy british population means that you can meet people and find friends without the language barrier.
Like wot he said, plus our pensions go further here due to the lower cost of living.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:21 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee8
Sardines, Callos, and Sukalki.

Ufff...never been able to do callos (nor morcillas). Lot's of other good reasons to love Spain though. Ternasco (de Aragon claro), Chorizo, txistorra, longaniza, fuet, jamon de Jabugo (or jamon in general)...
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:40 pm
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ironporer
Ufff...never been able to do callos (nor morcillas). Lot's of other good reasons to love Spain though. Ternasco (de Aragon claro), Chorizo, txistorra, longaniza, fuet, jamon de Jabugo (or jamon in general)...
If you get to go North Go to San Sebastein its a dfkjvnslfjsljbfrslaierhjbfaj place.

I`m keepin the dfkjvnsijuhserhijfaj bit a secret.

You`ll find out when you get there, but never repeat it on the web.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 2:05 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee8
If you get to go North Go to San Sebastein its a dfkjvnslfjsljbfrslaierhjbfaj place.

I`m keepin the dfkjvnsijuhserhijfaj bit a secret.

You`ll find out when you get there, but never repeat it on the web.

Donosti has been a favorite for years. Best damn tapas in the country.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:31 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by onlineamiga

i agree the weather is superb out in spain and that is one of our main reasons to move there plus also beinging a 2hour flight away from the uk so you still can visit family and friends , i also feel the people are more friendly out there and very chilled out and have time to talk to you and don you feel that the night life in spain is out of this world dont spanish know how to party