Why Spain?

Old Aug 8th 2007, 12:10 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why Spain?

Right, we haven't had one of these threads for a while, and as I am on a break from the study, its a good excuse for a break.......

So, why Spain? Why not France, or anywhere else?

What made you pick the country, what made you stop there.

Now I realise that some of you have already answered it in part, but it may help others see why other people chose the country.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 12:18 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Spain?

Mine was for the weather and nice beaches, but to be honest I never put much thought into it at the time. Somone offered me to stay at their house a bit on msn so I accepted and then got my own place
Old Aug 8th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
Mine was for the weather and nice beaches, but to be honest I never put much thought into it at the time. Somone offered me to stay at their house a bit on msn so I accepted and then got my own place
Cant enjoy life in the UK at this moment, I hope in Spain I would have more time and better lifestyle, The weather to me in Spain is a bonus, Its more the no hassle easy life cost effective corrupted attitude that I like.

Cant stand France, driven through it to spain many times in the non summer and everytime it has rained and everywhere is shut
Old Aug 8th 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Jorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Right, we haven't had one of these threads for a while, and as I am on a break from the study, its a good excuse for a break.......

Now I realise that some of you have already answered it in part, but it may help others see why other people chose the country.
Hi Matt, I would like to know the answer to this one. We are moving soon and we have dithered for a long time. We have decided on France because there seems to be a better choice of houses(Of the type that we like). It is not so hot in France hence the countryside sems to be greener. The bureaucracy in both countries is hard going but the french does not change from day to day or from town to town.
We have not bought yet so are open to convincing either way.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 12:54 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

We did look at France asbout 3 years ago, but i just didn't feel comfortable there, i don't think the French re particularly accommodating if you are not au fait(geddit???) with the language, as i will be along a lot i needed to feel comfortable with my surroundings. Plus areas we could afford had much the same temps as here, we went in March and it was really freezing and very damp. Couldn't see the point on moving all that way for the same weather
Plus, there were a lot of French people!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 1:12 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

We chose Spain mainly because its easily accessible and the climate is better than the UK. I have drove through France on several occasions,love the country-side but the weather is not has good in the winter.Also we are hoping for a more laid back lifestyle than here and hoping that my O/H works a lot less hours and we are able to spend more quality time together and are able to build a good social life up,we have little time here for friends and socializing.When O/H has to get up for work at 04:45 and does not arrive home till at least 19:00 it does not leave us much time for anything.Also Spain is only a short flight away and family will be able to visit on a regular basis.Quality of life is on top of the agenda............ I cant wait.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 1:27 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Eating out is cheap.
Drinking out is cheap.
Houses (at the time) were cheap.
I really couldn't be arsed to learn some obscure language like Portuguese or Bulgarian or something.
The Spanish tolerate the British better than the French do.
I like their "don't give f--k lazy attitude". (I see something of myself in that.)
Fiestas, fiestsas and more fiestas.
¡Olé!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Eating out is cheap.
Drinking out is cheap.
Houses (at the time) were cheap.
I really couldn't be arsed to learn some obscure language like Portuguese or Bulgarian or something.
The Spanish tolerate the British better than the French do.
I like their "don't give f--k lazy attitude". (I see something of myself in that.)
Fiestas, fiestsas and more fiestas.
¡Olé!
Lol, I agree every point especially the attitude one, In fact I love the La Luz area more so than any part of Spain, and that attitude is totally right there, I see myself like that. Im constanly told every time I say "Well in spain they dont care, you can do this do that ect" to shut up when I meet people from C.Blanca its not the case there, but I found Seville and Jerez areas, definatley is. I see myself there in about 3 year's
Old Aug 8th 2007, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

I like the attitude: most Spaniards have a bit of the anarchist about them. I like that.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is a bit of snobbery about France. I remember mentioning to some well-to-do relatives that we were moving to Spain and they almost looked down their noses at us.
Actually I think they were a bit miffed because very soon after they anounced that they had just bought a house in France.
Spain seems to be where the common people go to.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 6:39 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates
I think there is a bit of snobbery about France. I remember mentioning to some well-to-do relatives that we were moving to Spain and they almost looked down their noses at us.
Actually I think they were a bit miffed because very soon after they anounced that they had just bought a house in France.
Spain seems to be where the common people go to.
Thank god for that, I was a little worried I might not fit in!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Rugbymatt, I think you'll fit in just fine
Old Aug 8th 2007, 6:41 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by billgates
Rugbymatt, I think you'll fit in just fine
You saying I am common?
Old Aug 8th 2007, 6:44 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt

Before I answer just want to clarify if I can post on this thread because Im in France.Or is it pacificly for people in Spain(do not want to cause any ripples)
Thats the serious bit over.

Hallo everyonexxxxxxxxx
Old Aug 8th 2007, 6:44 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
Before I answer just want to clarify if I can post on this thread because Im in France.Or is it pacificly for people in Spain(do not want to cause any ripples)
Thats the serious bit over.

Hallo everyonexxxxxxxxx
I suppose that it could apply to anyone really.............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.