Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Who's that Old Bint Always in the News?

Who's that Old Bint Always in the News?

Old Dec 1st 2008, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who's that Old Bint Always in the News?

The one with the plastic nose and buttoxed lips. Always seems to make the news for no other reason than still being alive at 140 years of age. Why? Who?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:16 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's that Old Bint Always in the News?

Originally Posted by TheLostPhotographer
The one with the plastic nose and buttoxed lips. Always seems to make the news for no other reason than still being alive at 140 years of age. Why? Who?
Another clue please, is she relevent to Spain ?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Another clue please, is she relevent to Spain ?
Apparently.

I don't watch much TV. But, this woman is always around and about on news, current affairs, topical mag programmes. Currnetly getting qwheeled about in a pushchair.

She's well ugly and plastic. No clue at all why she makes the TV???
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I think JDR meant, is she on Spanish TV or British TV, small clue would be really nice
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:07 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
I think JDR meant, is she on Spanish TV or British TV, small clue would be really nice
Yes, if not Spanish it belongs in siesta time
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TheLostPhotographer
Apparently.

I don't watch much TV. But, this woman is always around and about on news, current affairs, topical mag programmes. Currnetly getting qwheeled about in a pushchair.

She's well ugly and plastic. No clue at all why she makes the TV???
Ah, you must mean the Duquesa de Alba. (The pushchair is the clue that did it).

The richest woman in Spain and the most titled woman in the world. I think she has somewhere in the region of 49 titles.

They say that if she were to meet the Queen of England, the queen should bow before the Duquesa (not seriously though, because although the queen has much fewer titles, Queen outranks Duquesa).

Last edited by Veleta; Dec 1st 2008 at 7:25 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cayetan...uchess_of_Alba

Here is the Wikipedia entry on her and a photo - she's a bit batty, but then she is 82.

I saw a documentary on her about a month ago - it was very interesting. Much better than listening to all the gossip shows about her!

Oh...and i see that it is 62 titles that she holds!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Jerezgirl I do recall seeing her on Spanish TV, just been reading your link to her, very interesting
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:56 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yes, if not Spanish it belongs in siesta time
you've changed you......
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerezgirl
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cayetan...uchess_of_Alba
she's a bit batty, but then she is 82
All I can say is I hope I am a bit batty when I'm 82, this old girl is not so stupid and knows exactly what is going on around her including the amount of arse***** in the Spanish paparazzi who think it funny to make their money in taking the P** out of her, not many 82 year olds could do that and if they could wouldn't stand up to them, she doesn't hold back on her lingo at times.

... I do hope I preserve a little better though.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:47 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Looks a bit like Michael Jacksons plastic surgeon has done a job on her.
Maybe better to grow old gracefully.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Econ
All I can say is I hope I am a bit batty when I'm 82, this old girl is not so stupid and knows exactly what is going on around her including the amount of arse***** in the Spanish paparazzi who think it funny to make their money in taking the P** out of her, not many 82 year olds could do that and if they could wouldn't stand up to them, she doesn't hold back on her lingo at times.

... I do hope I preserve a little better though.
I bet you would never see the Queen like this......!!!
10 out of 10 for not giving a damn!

But seriously, I bet her biography would be a killer read.
Attached Thumbnails Who's that Old Bint Always in the News?-duquesa.jpg  
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:01 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

She was batty when she was younger. Her family are trying to get control of her money as she wants to get married again.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh, and of course you have to hear her voice. Here she is getting abusive with a journalist in an airport

...."todos los días las mismas preguntas. Coñazo!".
..."Every day the same questions. Pain in the Arse!"

...."Tonterias. bla, bla, bla, bla, bla."
...."Stop talking nonsense. blah blah blah blah blah".

Histerical.

Oh I wish the Queen would speak like the Duquesa...how I would laugh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1QbYq4wx7c
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
She was batty when she was younger. Her family are trying to get control of her money as she wants to get married again.
Maybe her family are eager to get her money and she just wants to get them to panic a bit. I don't think that makes her batty, could be quite smart actually...

I have noticed that some Spanish 'as in other races I guess' can be very greedy when there is money in the family and I have seem many examples of the old family member who has the money get a bit of fun by playing games with the greedy ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.