Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Who needs religion anyway...

Who needs religion anyway...

Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:49 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who needs religion anyway...

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
.wow. He had a good grasp of Spanish to say he was being burnt! How did the translator get close enough?
Or of course the translator had a good grasp of their language. It's often a prerequisite of the job.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 9:51 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Or of course the translator had a good grasp of their language. It's often a prerequisite of the job.
Its funny how your cynicism fades when you start arguing from the other side of the fence.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Its funny how your cynicism fades when you start arguing from the other side of the fence.
It's funny how people are picking holes in a little anecdote of something that happened 500 years ago.

Kind of ironic
Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:30 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cricketman
It's funny how people are picking holes in a little anecdote of something that happened 500 years ago.

Kind of ironic
It's how I address everything to be honest.

And it really doesn't seem plausible!
Old Jan 30th 2010, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Dont worry, as an American I wouldn't expect you to get irony
Old Jan 30th 2010, 1:39 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

I'm English.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 6:27 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly not. There's another story about a jew, forced to dig his own grave by the nazis and then stand there to be shot, who dropped his pants and bent over.

Almost certainly not true, but by the gods it ought to be.

Quite possibly the words were put into the Indian's mouth by someone who despised the evil and cynical acts of a corrupt religion.

Those who support religion without much critical thought will be quick to criticise such terrible deviation from the absolute truth.

The rest of us will understand.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 6:52 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Possibly not. There's another story about a jew, forced to dig his own grave by the nazis and then stand there to be shot, who dropped his pants and bent over.

Almost certainly not true, but by the gods it ought to be.

Quite possibly the words were put into the Indian's mouth by someone who despised the evil and cynical acts of a corrupt religion.

Those who support religion without much critical thought will be quick to criticise such terrible deviation from the absolute truth.

The rest of us will understand.
Just for everyone reading this for the word religion insert Catholicism/Christianity and thats what Bill has a problem with.

(pointless replying to me Bill, I was providing a public service not engaging in conversation with you)
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:00 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Just for everyone reading this for the word religion insert Catholicism/Christianity and thats what Bill has a problem with.

(pointless replying to me Bill, I was providing a public service not engaging in conversation with you)
Yet you chose to do so by replying to this one.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:02 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
So you noticed that as well?????
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:11 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Madridboy
If I had just done a random reply no doubt something else would have been read into it.

There really are some nasty snide, vindictive people on here aren't there?

Disclaimer; I am not suggesting that you are one, just making a casual observation.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:11 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by JLFS
So you noticed that as well?????
One question mark will suffice, however daft the question.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:15 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

One question mark will suffice, however daft the question.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:16 am
Banned

If I had just done a random reply no doubt something else would have been read into it.

Disclaimer; I am not suggesting that you are one, just making a casual observation.
There really is something wrong with you......
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:17 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes there are!

Disclaimer; I am suggesting that you are one, not just making a casual observation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.