Who was it?

Old Dec 16th 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

HimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to all
Default Who was it?

About 2yrs ago when we lived in the Uk and were getting ready to move out here to Spain,someone on here made a list of everyone who was due to be moving to Spain.I was just wondering how many people on that list have or are moving back to the UK.I am sure the person who made that list will remember,it was such a good thread.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 6:09 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who was it?

This one?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450404
Old Dec 16th 2008, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

HimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to all

WBigPete......house buying trip next week.......good luck

HimnHer...............1st week in July.............good luck

Pwblackbelt.......Last week in June...............good luck

Skippernicky....buying trip mid July...............good luck

Busters Mum....moving to Palma de Gandia.....good luck

Cornish Maid....off to Costa Blanca................good luck

Jorgi...........undecided between Spain and France.....good luck

Twyntub.......Sept.hoping to commute.................good luck

Bigbudda69........on with building his villa...........good luck

Chrisw..........waiting to sell house...................good luck

Sjrw.........moving to Sierra de Yeguas..............good luck

NzGrl........from NZ hoping to make the move......good luck

Tezra and Dylan......to join Andrew..................good luck

This was the list of people moving out here around about 2 yrs ago,just wondering if they are still here or have returned to the UK? Well done hb for finding this list!If your name is here let us know how you are doing.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

We moved here in January 2008. Found a lovely house up in the mountains overlooking Cocentaina. We can't believe it has been nearly a year since our newest and most exciting adventure began!
We love it here, have been having weekly Spanish lessons for the last 4 months. Having the lessons has certainly made us realise how little we know, and how difficult it is to retain what we have been taught! Perhaps it's an age thing??
I still have to pinch myself regularly to convince myself that this is all real and not some dream that I am going to wake up from!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cornish maid
We moved here in January 2008. Found a lovely house up in the mountains overlooking Cocentaina. We can't believe it has been nearly a year since our newest and most exciting adventure began!
We love it here, have been having weekly Spanish lessons for the last 4 months. Having the lessons has certainly made us realise how little we know, and how difficult it is to retain what we have been taught! Perhaps it's an age thing??
I still have to pinch myself regularly to convince myself that this is all real and not some dream that I am going to wake up from!
Speaking for myself, (she says rapidly), definitely!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

davidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by HimnHer
WBigPete......house buying trip next week.......good luck

HimnHer...............1st week in July.............good luck

Pwblackbelt.......Last week in June...............good luck

Skippernicky....buying trip mid July...............good luck

Busters Mum....moving to Palma de Gandia.....good luck

Cornish Maid....off to Costa Blanca................good luck

Jorgi...........undecided between Spain and France.....good luck

Twyntub.......Sept.hoping to commute.................good luck

Bigbudda69........on with building his villa...........good luck

Chrisw..........waiting to sell house...................good luck

Sjrw.........moving to Sierra de Yeguas..............good luck

NzGrl........from NZ hoping to make the move......good luck

Tezra and Dylan......to join Andrew..................good luck

This was the list of people moving out here around about 2 yrs ago,just wondering if they are still here or have returned to the UK? Well done hb for finding this list!If your name is here let us know how you are doing.
We moved out May 07 and we are still here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And loving it!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 8:30 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Moved here July 2006....no regrets...settled and happy.

Rosemary
Old Dec 17th 2008, 10:26 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Not on the list as we had just moved over at the beginning of May 2007. We unfortunately picked the wrong area initially but moved earlier this year to a Spanish village and are still here settled for the moment and made lots of friends. Can't say how long we will stay for but life is good just now.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 10:36 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Tezra and Dylan to Join Andrew (ie me) didnt happen. They didnt come out. But I'm still here and not looking to ever go back
Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering how those of you who haven't yet answered the other thread about what work is available/businesses thriving etc., are doing? If you are planning to stay for the foreseeable, how are you surviving? It seems lots aren't.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:03 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fionamw
I'm wondering how those of you who haven't yet answered the other thread about what work is available/businesses thriving etc., are doing? If you are planning to stay for the foreseeable, how are you surviving? It seems lots aren't.
We moved here in 2000, still making a living - bit more than surviving moved areas once, much nicer where we are now. Certain things we don't like about Spain we sure ain't going to change, slightly out weigh the things we do like so a move could be on the cards. And I really can't see us retiring here.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

We also weren't on the list as we moved out in January 2007. I found work in November of that year and am still gainfully employed. Hubby still has no work and life is not easy but we are hoping to last at least another year and then we will perhaps look for another adventure. You only live once!!!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SueG
We also weren't on the list as we moved out in January 2007. I found work in November of that year and am still gainfully employed. Hubby still has no work and life is not easy but we are hoping to last at least another year and then we will perhaps look for another adventure. You only live once!!!
That sounds like a very positive outlook (I do mean that, it's hard to make it sound anything but insincere!) .... do you rent or have you bought & are just either hoping that at that time you'll be able to sell or bite the bullet & rent it out?
Old Dec 18th 2008, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
That sounds like a very positive outlook (I do mean that, it's hard to make it sound anything but insincere!) .... do you rent or have you bought & are just either hoping that at that time you'll be able to sell or bite the bullet & rent it out?
No we only rent out here but sold up in England but that money is fast dwindling. We will never be in a position either in Spain or England to get back on the property ladder - have decided that for us we will take each day as it comes (we are both in our mid 50s) as no-one knows what is around the corner. We would have not missed this experience for all the tea in China. Having worked hard all our lives we have really thoroughly enjoyed our time together just the two of us and I don't care if that sounds soppy
Old Dec 18th 2008, 7:56 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
No we only rent out here but sold up in England but that money is fast dwindling. We will never be in a position either in Spain or England to get back on the property ladder - have decided that for us we will take each day as it comes (we are both in our mid 50s) as no-one knows what is around the corner. We would have not missed this experience for all the tea in China. Having worked hard all our lives we have really thoroughly enjoyed our time together just the two of us and I don't care if that sounds soppy
Does not sound soppy at all. There is nothing wrong with two people enjoying each others company. We tend to keep other people at arms length, not because we are anti-social but because we are quite content doing things together as a couple.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.