Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

where to sell our villa ???

where to sell our villa ???

Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

father ted 1974 is just really nicefather ted 1974 is just really nicefather ted 1974 is just really nicefather ted 1974 is just really nicefather ted 1974 is just really nicefather ted 1974 is just really nicefather ted 1974 is just really nicefather ted 1974 is just really nice
Default where to sell our villa ???

We are in the unfortunate position in that we have to sell our villa in Pago del Humo
we will be willing to sell it for a reduced price, otherwise we feel the bank may take it (yes its almost at that stage)
my question is....
are there any agents in Chiclana de la Frontera or surrounding areas that are selling any property at the moment.
any help will be much appreciated.
thanking you in advance.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:56 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: where to sell our villa ???

Originally Posted by father ted 1974
We are in the unfortunate position in that we have to sell our villa in Pago del Humo
we will be willing to sell it for a reduced price, otherwise we feel the bank may take it (yes its almost at that stage)
my question is....
are there any agents in Chiclana de la Frontera or surrounding areas that are selling any property at the moment.
any help will be much appreciated.
thanking you in advance.

Hi father ted

Firstly welcome to BE I am sure you will get some good advice here.

I am really sorry to hear that things have got so bad for you here in Spain and you are having to sell up, this must be such a worry for yourself and your family, can I ask do you still live here at the moment or are you back in the UK.

I live in Chiclana (Rana Verde) and my house has been on the market with local agents now for 2 years, the house is with at least 8 agents and with all honesty only 3 have ever been in touch with us during that time and brought people along for viewings. It is my belief that nothing is selling here at the moment and I am sure you are more than aware of the situation regarding houses here i.e electric supply, white, yellow land and such like. I think if you are not legal or do not have your own leccy metre then you will not be very successful at this moment in time, I know there are many legal houses in Pago and I really hope yours is one of them. Even the bigger long term agents are having to look at different ways to make a living now.

Have you considered renting your house out, I ask this as I have friends in Pago that rent a 3 bedroom house but they are thinking of moving into another house in Pago de Humo if they can find one that suits there needs.
3bdr, pool, un-furnished and one that would accept pets.

If you want to talk about the market in the area, then please feel free to PM me you will need to make another couple of posts before you can do so but I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by crispy; Jan 11th 2009 at 8:58 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

father ted 1974 is just really nicefather ted 1974 is just really nicefather ted 1974 is just really nicefather ted 1974 is just really nicefather ted 1974 is just really nicefather ted 1974 is just really nicefather ted 1974 is just really nicefather ted 1974 is just really nice

Originally Posted by crispy
Hi father ted

Firstly welcome to BE I am sure you will get some good advice here.

I am really sorry to hear that things have got so bad for you here in Spain and you are having to sell up, this must be such a worry for yourself and your family, can I ask do you still live here at the moment or are you back in the UK.

I live in Chiclana (Rana Verde) and my house has been on the market with local agents now for 2 years, the house is with at least 8 agents and with all honesty only 3 have ever been in touch with us during that time and brought people along for viewings. It is my belief that nothing is selling here at the moment and I am sure you are more than aware of the situation regarding houses here i.e electric supply, white, yellow land and such like. I think if you are not legal or do not have your own leccy metre then you will not be very successful at this moment in time, I know there are many legal houses in Pago and I really hope yours is one of them. Even the bigger long term agents are having to look at different ways to make a living now.

Have you considered renting your house out, I ask this as I have friends in Pago that rent a 3 bedroom house but they are thinking of moving into another house in Pago de Humo if they can find one that suits there needs.
3bdr, pool, un-furnished and one that would accept pets.

If you want to talk about the market in the area, then please feel free to PM me you will need to make another couple of posts before you can do so but I look forward to hearing from you.
sorry forgot to mention, our villa is fully legal and has an electric meter,
we did think of renting, please forward your friends email address, so we may make contact.
thank you
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:42 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

sorry forgot to mention, our villa is fully legal and has an electric meter,
we did think of renting, please forward your friends email address, so we may make contact.
thank you
I will talk with them first and see what they think, I have a feeling they may have just signed a new 6 month contract or at least it is due very soon. Do you have a pool as I know for a fact no pool then they would not consider it.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

As crispy rightly says, its not an easy time to sell property at the moment, and if I were returning to the UK I would be thinking of renting it. Holiday rentals are harder work, but they produce a better remuneration. We used to get €500 a week in the summer months for what was a two bed with pool
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:31 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Quite simply, nowhere is selling in europe that I know of. You don't mention your bottom line price, or other details. Some parts of Pago are "more desirable" than others.
Renting long term is the short term answer if that doesn't sound stupid. There are people out there that manage rental properties and take some of the worries away.

I wish you well for the future, and if you need other advice, please feel free to ask.

Davexf
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi,
Quite simply, nowhere is selling in europe that I know of. You don't mention your bottom line price, or other details. Some parts of Pago are "more desirable" than others.
Renting long term is the short term answer if that doesn't sound stupid. There are people out there that manage rental properties and take some of the worries away.

I wish you well for the future, and if you need other advice, please feel free to ask.

Davexf
If the price is right anything will sell,
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:35 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by billymacker
Yep but the question is WHEN and WHO will buy a house right now????

And surely HOUSES have to sell themselves (size, shape, rooms, decor, facilities, running costs, location, refurb, shops, schools.... etc).

Some "houses" are on the market for years (in any country). Finding a house buyer is not easy at anytime, near impossible right now I'd say. It is most people's biggest purchase afterall.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by billymacker
We keep going over this. The housing market is just that a market. The prices obtained in that market are subject to the forces of supply and demand. It matters not why demand is stifled, right now it is and the price will fall. Yes you might get less than you paid, but that is exactly the same with bonds or shares and nobody is surprised.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

lulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to alllulu41 is a name known to all

Hi Father Ted

Sorry to hear of your worries, I know only to well as we are in the same boat we have been trying to sell ours since 2006, we paid a lot to have it built and pool, garage etc, we have had to drop the price now well below what just the house would cost to build it by the builder and he is still building them, STILL no interest, we have about 10 agents tried everything, have you tried looking for agents in your area that would sell it as a distressed property? you would have to reduce the price considerably to get any interest though, we are losing about 120K to what we paid, we are going back end of the month to the UK to try are hardest to keep it going but I don’t hold out much hope, also try talking to your bank before its too late they maybe able to help reduce payments etc.

Good Luck

Lulu
Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice

Sorry to hear all your bad news. We are looking to buy, must be in the Marbella area. 4 bed with pool and garden. If anyone knows of anything, again the price must be right.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:39 am
Just Joined

never realised so many people in the same boat
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

never realised so many people in the same boat
You could put it in the classifieds here!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You could put it in the classifieds here!
I have thank you, click on the link to the left for info
please feel free if any of you have any questions
kind regards
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:59 pm
Senior Moment

I have thank you, click on the link to the left for info
please feel free if any of you have any questions
kind regards
Heh heh ... I already live here, but thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.