Where not?

Old Jan 22nd 2018, 7:18 am
Just Joined

Kodiakbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where not?

I'm also from the Aussie heat in the summer, very interested where you will go!
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 7:20 am
Just Joined

I live north of Brisbane and I have had enough of it.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 7:24 am
Just Joined

I have had a mooch around but obviously I can't say as I don't live there, my friend thinks Murcia is the place to go, but I'm not convinced.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kodiakbear
I have had a mooch around but obviously I can't say as I don't live there, my friend thinks Murcia is the place to go, but I'm not convinced.
At the end of the day we're all different and just depends what makes you happy. Might be the place to go for your friend but could be the worst place for you personally. I don't know if your friend means the actual City or the region?
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Torrievieja, please forgive my spelling.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

Torrievieja, please forgive my spelling.
Torrevieja's ok climate-wise (not extreme heat) but then it's in Alacant not Murcia. It's also littered with densely packed housing estates that don't look great, but there are exceptions.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks Horlics, not my thing.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Horlics, not my thing.
Torrevieja is one of the places where around 50+% of population aren't Spanish. There are many areas in Spain that are like that and while some love it, I don't think I could see myself living in a place like that permanently.

One place I didn't really think about before is the Costa Dorada. After a recent holiday around there, I found some really nice places too and there seemed to be a good balance between normal life and tourism.
Obviously budget usually plays the biggest part but it looked like there is something to find on all budgets.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Hornets_Nest will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Moses2013
One place I didn't really think about before is the Costa Dorada.
I think this Costa is overlooked by a lot of Brits in a similar way that the Costa Tropical is. I want an area that is not too expensive property wise (willing to go inland a little) and has a good mix of nationalities but which is predominantly Spanish. I am also not too bothered about a pool or a roof terrace and would consider a traditional Spanish City apartment or a Cortillo within walking distance of amenities.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hornets_Nest
I think this Costa is overlooked by a lot of Brits in a similar way that the Costa Tropical is. I want an area that is not too expensive property wise (willing to go inland a little) and has a good mix of nationalities but which is predominantly Spanish. I am also not too bothered about a pool or a roof terrace and would consider a traditional Spanish City apartment or a Cortillo within walking distance of amenities.
Indeed and apart from Salou directly, there are many nicer places along the coast and a bit further inland that have a lot to offer. What would be not too expensive for you?
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Indeed and apart from Salou directly, there are many nicer places along the coast and a bit further inland that have a lot to offer. What would be not too expensive for you?
If we decide to keep a property in the UK as well as SP (which I don't want) then Max will probably be £130k if we move out completely (my preferred option) then maybe up to £250k,
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If we decide to keep a property in the UK as well as SP (which I don't want) then Max will probably be £130k if we move out completely (my preferred option) then maybe up to £250k,
For that money you should have no problem. Not Costa Dorada but not far from where we bought, something like this is around £130K.
https://www.idealista.com/inmueble/34427492/
You shouldn't have a problem. Just had a look around Costa Dorada and one area I forgot to say was Vilafortuny. That looked very nice and directly on coast

Last edited by Moses2013; Jan 23rd 2018 at 9:12 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

For that money you should have no problem. Not Costa Dorada but not far from where we bought, something like this is around £130K.
https://www.idealista.com/inmueble/34427492/
You shouldn't have a problem.
Thanks - that is the kind of thing. My main problem is getting agreement with my partner - I've always intended to move to SP and have been learning the language now for over 3 years, my partner likes England. I am prepared to let her choose the area and the type of property but as far as I'm concerned buying a place (or not) is not open to debate. Things could get a bit lively in my house over the next year or two
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - that is the kind of thing. My main problem is getting agreement with my partner - I've always intended to move to SP and have been learning the language now for over 3 years, my partner likes England. I am prepared to let her choose the area and the type of property but as far as I'm concerned buying a place (or not) is not open to debate. Things could get a bit lively in my house over the next year or two
They don't speak Spanish up there and won't appreciate your efforts to do so. It's the land of nationalists and separatists. Do yourself a favour and move to Spain, not Catalunya.
Old Jan 24th 2018, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

FranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond reputeFranE has a reputation beyond repute

If Costa Dorada appeals climate wise, then a little further south is the Costa Azahar, another area often overlooked by the British.

Horlics - not disagreeing with you in any way, but is it really that bad, language wise, in Catalunya? We live not far from the Catalunyan border and often visit, especially to the Ebre Delta, but inland towns as well. We have not experienced any animosity when speaking Spanish. Even the "border towns" (the ones we visit) had riots during the recent referendum troubles, but they're always OK with us.

Valenciano is the first language for many people where we live, a lot of signs are in both languages, the locals are bi-lingual, and they have been without exception so patient and helpful when I struggle sometimes with Spanish (or perhaps I should say Castellano). I appreciate though that Valencia is not looking for independence !!

Like I say, not disagreeing, just interested in your experiences.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.