Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

where to move to in spain with a young family

where to move to in spain with a young family

Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

catnova is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where to move to in spain with a young family

hi, myself and my husband may be moving to spain during the summer with our 3 young children for work purposes. I would really like to move to an area where other young english families live. Can anyone give me any ideas of where to think about moving to?....Andalucia has been suggested to us?....also is it a good idea to move to spain generally with a young family?..is it really hard?....I am worried about the costs of schools? Thanks to anyone for any advice
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where to move to in spain with a young family

Hi, check out the "free beer" thread, answers to a lot of questions, also Andalucia is a very large area.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have work to come to?
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

yes, we do
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catnova
yes, we do
So where abouts is your work going to take you and then perhaps we can suggest some areas nearby?
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:06 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

hi, myself and my husband may be moving to spain during the summer with our 3 young children for work purposes. I would really like to move to an area where other young english families live. Can anyone give me any ideas of where to think about moving to?....Andalucia has been suggested to us?....also is it a good idea to move to spain generally with a young family?..is it really hard?....I am worried about the costs of schools? Thanks to anyone for any advice
Aren't you going to put them into state schools where they will learn the language quickly?
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

from personal experience if you could ausrtralia is probably the top destination for a young family,nothing can compare
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:16 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catch
from personal experience if you could ausrtralia is probably the top destination for a young family,nothing can compare
Where abouts in Spain is ausrtralia (r you getting excited), is it in Andalucia or higher up the country ?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:38 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Where abouts in Spain is ausrtralia (r you getting excited), is it in Andalucia or higher up the country ?
free speech,ive seen too many families come back from spain,only trying to help
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

The difference is than Australia is in the other part of the globe, while Spain is in Europe and near from UK. And of course, in Spain there is not the same quantity of lethal and dangerous animals that has Australia. Nor comparison

What chance, do you say that a lot of people come back from Spain...and from Australia nobody come back? Because some I has seen, but if you say it...

Last edited by Relampago; Mar 29th 2008 at 10:52 am.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

That was why we chose Spain, so much easier to get back and see family or for them to come over even if only for long weekends. Australia might have a lot to offer but it is goodbye for most of your life to family and friends.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
That was why we chose Spain, so much easier to get back and see family or for them to come over even if only for long weekends. Australia might have a lot to offer but it is goodbye for most of your life to family and friends.
Spain has the advantage of its geographical situation. Also has things to offer, but if you always stay in the same place, you will never see to nothing...For me, the only thing that I see in Australia it is that has a lot of coast, although probably I would never take a bath there, because has a quantity of animals that I don't know which it is worse. You cannot be in Spain to displeasure, only because you are more near your family, you have to go where you believe that you will be happier. And if you believe that in Australia you will be happier, go to Australia
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:43 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Disadvantages to any move to Oz, are

1 cost of flights to get back to see relatives,
2 cost of flights for relatives to come out to you
3 Australia isn't in the EU, so you have NO right of residence

No 2 is also possibly an ADVANTAGE..
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:36 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

free speech,ive seen too many families come back from spain,only trying to help
However, they have a job to go to in Andalucia not Australia.

Rosemary
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

hi

thanks for all your advice so far, the work is in the Marbella area, however we are not sure if this is the most suitable area of spain to move to with a young family?....is Marbella a good place to meet other british families, or are they areas near Marbella we could look at where more families live?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.