Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Where Are The Good Schools?

Where Are The Good Schools?

Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about
Default Where Are The Good Schools?

Hi, am coming out to valencia to look at schools for my 8 yr old daughter, we are hoping that the Cheste/Chiva/Lirria area will become our home later this year, but only after we check out the schools. Are there any to avoid or that people would recommend?, can only get over a few days at a time at the mo, so need to be constructive with our time. All advice and help gratefully recieved
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Where Are The Good Schools?

Originally Posted by squelch
Hi, am coming out to valencia to look at schools for my 8 yr old daughter, we are hoping that the Cheste/Chiva/Lirria area will become our home later this year, but only after we check out the schools. Are there any to avoid or that people would recommend?, can only get over a few days at a time at the mo, so need to be constructive with our time. All advice and help gratefully recieved

My daughter goes to El Plantio in La CaƱada. She has done really well there and got much better grades (IGCEs) than were predicted for her in her school in England.

Next month she's taking her International Baccalaureate which will get her into Uni in England in September.

We didn't come to Spain until she was 13, so she was, in our opinion, too old to enter the Spanish system.

I think that if she had been eight she would have entered the Spainish system and then her school would have been based on catchment area, like the UK.