Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Where do I point it?

Where do I point it?

Old Jul 10th 2009, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Zaragoza, by way of Cambridgeshire, and now Alhaurin El Grande
Zaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really nice
Default Where do I point it?

Ok, here goes. Move from Zaragoza to Alhaurin El Grande has been completed, internet has been set up and Sky TV installed. However there is still one thing to do before the wife allows me to relax in the pool with a cool beer (no Ambar down here , but we have covered that on a different thread).

My TDT box wont pick up any channels. I am thinking it it is a problem with the direction of the aerial but where can I find information as to the angle to point the aerial. I am not sure I want to get on the roof and try trial and error, Rod Hull and Emu are to vivid a memory for that .

Any help appreciated
Old Jul 10th 2009, 3:31 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do I point it?

I forget what the settings are, probably someone will be a long to advise you soon or you could try google. You can buy a variety of gizmos from Maplin to help you fine tune the dish. See here>
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=satellite finder&source=15
Old Jul 10th 2009, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Zaragoza, by way of Cambridgeshire, and now Alhaurin El Grande
Zaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really nice

Thanks, but it is not the dish, it is the normal TV aerial.

If I cant get the disney channel my 7 year old daughter will kill me
Old Jul 10th 2009, 3:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zaragozaram
Thanks, but it is not the dish, it is the normal TV aerial.

If I cant get the disney channel my 7 year old daughter will kill me
Got no idea about direcetion but have a look at a few roofs, there must be another aerial about.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 3:47 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The main transmitter is the big one on the mountain behind Mijas.

Make sure you've got it polarised the right way up - see what everyone else's are doing and do the same.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:31 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zaragozaram
Ok, here goes. Move from Zaragoza to Alhaurin El Grande has been completed, internet has been set up and Sky TV installed. However there is still one thing to do before the wife allows me to relax in the pool with a cool beer (no Ambar down here , but we have covered that on a different thread).

My TDT box wont pick up any channels. I am thinking it it is a problem with the direction of the aerial but where can I find information as to the angle to point the aerial. I am not sure I want to get on the roof and try trial and error, Rod Hull and Emu are to vivid a memory for that .

Any help appreciated
Shit, I just thought it was Rod Hull that died in that accident.
What the hell was he doing trying to fix an ariel with emu anyway.
I always thought that emu was alive and well and had fathered loads of chicks.
Sad news, because out of the 2 emu was the one with the talent.

JLFS