Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

When your life is crap...

When your life is crap...

Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:41 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute
Default When your life is crap...

I've noticed, only recently, that quite a few people on this forum have had it pretty tough over the years. Others, perhaps more fortunate in some ways, haven't. I guess personally, I'm somewhere in the middle of the sliding scale in terms of my horrible life experiences - although right now, I'm lucky enough to be the happiest I've ever been in my entire life.

Those of you that have had hard times will appreciate that when you've been through the mill, your outlook on life changes forever. What used to be important no longer is as you re-prioritise things; starting with what really is dear to you and what maybe, you naturally over time, have taken for granted a little.

I was up early-ish this morning and with idle time on my hands started to visit some of the other pages that this fantastic site has to offer. I came across this post from Australia. It really is a wake up call to those of us fortunate enough to have never really faced some of the worst scenarios that life can throw at us:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466260
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When your life is crap...

Originally Posted by derbyflan
I've noticed, only recently, that quite a few people on this forum have had it pretty tough over the years. Others, perhaps more fortunate in some ways, haven't. I guess personally, I'm somewhere in the middle of the sliding scale in terms of my horrible life experiences - although right now, I'm lucky enough to be the happiest I've ever been in my entire life.

Those of you that have had hard times will appreciate that when you've been through the mill, your outlook on life changes forever. What used to be important no longer is as you re-prioritise things; starting with what really is dear to you and what maybe, you naturally over time, have taken for granted a little.

I was up early-ish this morning and with idle time on my hands started to visit some of the other pages that this fantastic site has to offer. I came across this post from Australia. It really is a wake up call to those of us fortunate enough to have never really faced some of the worst scenarios that life can throw at us:

thats just awful isnt it
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:52 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't agree more Derby, I have been watching that thread since it began, really horrible.

It was a personal tragedy that spurred me into finally decided to make the move out to Spain.

I have never been one to think that my lot is the worse and I have seen enough crap in my life to understand that there is always someone worse off than you.

Some time ago there was a thread in the OZ forum about a poster who lost her husband while he was trying to save his son, that made very harrowing reading.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:18 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Couldn't agree more Derby, I have been watching that thread since it began, really horrible.

It was a personal tragedy that spurred me into finally decided to make the move out to Spain.

I have never been one to think that my lot is the worse and I have seen enough crap in my life to understand that there is always someone worse off than you.

Some time ago there was a thread in the OZ forum about a poster who lost her husband while he was trying to save his son, that made very harrowing reading.
Mate,

That's just unthinkable.

I know something's (don't know what) recently happened to make you decide to give Spain another go and in all seriousness I hope things are better for you now - if that's at all possible.

Last edited by derbyflan; Jul 16th 2007 at 9:54 am.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:29 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats is just awful. I am totally lost for words.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

That is so sad, for one is bad enough, but for both of them it is unthinkable, we should all be grateful to be healthy, that is the most important thing.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:09 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

That's been a really sad post to read this morning,I feel for them and my heart goes out to them.
It is really hard when something bad happens to you in life,goodness knows Iv had my fair share, and it does change your perspective on life.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:28 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

that's just horrible...........kind of puts things into perspective...........
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:34 am
ex-squaddie

Right.....To lighten the mood a little...though it doesn't mean we don't care...

Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:42 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Right.....To lighten the mood a little...though it doesn't mean we don't care...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pIqhUCZgwXQ
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
Thats is just awful. I am totally lost for words.

Couldn't agree more.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:49 am
ex-squaddie

Also funny

Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:29 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Mate,

That's just unthinkable.

I know something's (don't know what) recently happened to make you decide to give Spain another go and in all seriousness I hope things are better for you now - if that's at all possible.
Cheers mate.

The thread in question was unbelievable, we had all seen it on the news and I think someone actually posted a link to it, the kid got caught up in a rip tide just off the Perth coast, and the dad jumped in and tried to save him.

I cant remember who it was but I will try and find it, really sad.

Just found part of it....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=drowned

Last edited by rugbymatt; Jul 16th 2007 at 11:32 am.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:08 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

it was DebraH's hub
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:13 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Sam
it was DebraH's hub
Thanks...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.