Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

When Harry met Tali...

When Harry met Tali...

Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default When Harry met Tali...

...To steal the Sun's headline.

What do you think about Harry serving in Helmand Province? Should he be brought back now the secret's out? If he stays, will the Taliban target him, bringing increased pressure on his battalion?

I say good on the lad, he's certainly got some bottle and congratulations to the British media for adhering to the reporting blackout.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:05 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When Harry met Tali...

I cannot understand why everyone is going on about this spoiled brat. Call me cynical but it appears to me like a public relations exercise. He is in a war zone and 32 hours of footage of him has been taken! Seen some on SKY (how could I avoid it) and it looks as if they are all posed, the streets he is walking through look as if they are a sort of training area.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:07 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I cannot understand why everyone is going on about this spoiled brat. Call me cynical but it appears to me like a public relations exercise. He is in a war zone and 32 hours of footage of him has been taken! Seen some on SKY (how could I avoid it) and it looks as if they are all posed, the streets he is walking through look as if they are a sort of training area.
Hence the press blackout for the last couple of months, yeah, that makes sense!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice

I thought Harry came over really well and looked like to me he is proud to be serving his Country. He also comes over as quite "normal" (well as normal as you could possibly be, being the Queens Grandson). No balls in the mouth when he speaks, I think he said the word "crap" too
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a place where Mimi Greensleeves, Dodgy Debsy and that there Lionda wont find me.
genegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: When Harry met Tali...

Well Cynical, spoiled brat or not at least he has the balls to go there which is more than you can say for a heck of a lot of lads his age.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:02 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
...To steal the Sun's headline.

What do you think about Harry serving in Helmand Province? Should he be brought back now the secret's out? If he stays, will the Taliban target him, bringing increased pressure on his battalion?

I say good on the lad, he's certainly got some bottle and congratulations to the British media for adhering to the reporting blackout.
He is goiung back to the UK as, now the bl++dy aussies have scuppered the deal he can't stay there for his own, and his comrades safety, the Uk authorities feel they would now be unfairly targetted.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot understand why everyone is going on about this spoiled brat.
Oh yes, how spoiled can you get, losing your mother at the age of twelve.

The other day you were moaning about a remark from a moderator that you found offensive, think on.

Last edited by Ragomuffin; Feb 29th 2008 at 8:56 pm.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:52 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Oh yes, how spoiled can you get, losing your mother at the age of twelve.

The other day you were moaning about a remark from a moderator that you found offensive, think on.
Good point, well made.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we should all think of the poor sods over there that dont have the advantage of a couple of Ghurkas assigned to look after you, and still cant come home now
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:09 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Maybe we should all think of the poor sods over there that dont have the advantage of a couple of Ghurkas assigned to look after you, and still cant come home now
the Ghurkas protect every forward command unit, its one of the jobs they now do in the British army, and are we really sure he will be called back, from what I hear he will be pulled back, paraded on show in some clubs and celeb haunts and spirited away back to active service.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
the Ghurkas protect every forward command unit, its one of the jobs they now do in the British army, and are we really sure he will be called back, from what I hear he will be pulled back, paraded on show in some clubs and celeb haunts and spirited away back to active service.
For sure, but do you really think that he is there, on his own, without "his own" people about. They will do everything to ensure he is not injured, can you imagine the commotion shoudl he lose a leg , or be killed. This stuff about doing a normal job just like a normal soldier ..... nah. Mind you ..... he hadn't washed for three days
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:18 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
For sure, but do you really think that he is there, on his own, without "his own" people about. They will do everything to ensure he is not injured, can you imagine the commotion shoudl he lose a leg , or be killed. This stuff about doing a normal job just like a normal soldier ..... nah. Mind you ..... he hadn't washed for three days
Well think what you may, but while we are sat comfey in our lounges/houses, he is still in a hostile situation, and the job he does isnt like he is a cook, in the back lines, waiting for the men to return.

He is forward command, and regardless of how many people are round him, and from what I hear, there are the same number of protective unit around him as any other unit so that no attention is drawn to him, and he can still be killed with a mortar, regardless of the amount of men around him.

One lucky shot is all that's needed.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a place where Mimi Greensleeves, Dodgy Debsy and that there Lionda wont find me.
genegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: When Harry met Tali...

Well think what you may, but while we are sat comfey in our lounges/houses, he is still in a hostile situation, and the job he does isnt like he is a cook, in the back lines, waiting for the men to return.

He is forward command, and regardless of how many people are round him, and from what I hear, there are the same number of protective unit around him as any other unit so that no attention is drawn to him, and he can still be killed with a mortar, regardless of the amount of men around him.

My thoughts exactly.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 6:12 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent post Matt, I, and I suspect many other people feel exactly the same. A mortar is aimed not at an individual, but at a position, and as he is in a forward position, yes it could well have his name on it.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

I feel sorry for royal family, it seems to me they can't do right for doing wrong. Harry is on active service because he chose to be. He didn't choose to be a prince with all it's inherent difficulties. If he is given extra protection, it's because of who he is and he gets no say in the matter.

I can never understand people who knock the royals. On an individual level, yes, a few of them are disappointing, but when you see the way Britain and England in particular has had so much of it's history and way of life eroded, the monarchy as an institution is one of the few things that we can have pride in as being an integral part of our heritage going back over one thousand years.

In the words of Al Murray. "where would we be without them? We'd be in France"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.