Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Whats the weather like ?????????

Whats the weather like ?????????

Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of
Default Whats the weather like ?????????

Bad weather reports hope its not as bad out there as they are reporting it here
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

arko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to all
Default Re: Whats the weather like ?????????

There have certainly been some awful weather conditions throughout the peninsula. Luckily where I am in Huelva, all is calm and it has been quite mild. Think it's going to rain tomorrow though.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Just a bit worried about high winds damaging property while Im in UK.
As reports on tele said Alicante area has been hit badly
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

arko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
Just a bit worried about high winds damaging property while Im in UK.
As reports on tele said Alicante area has been hit badly
I hope everything is ok. I'm sure someone will put your mind to rest soon.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arko
There have certainly been some awful weather conditions throughout the peninsula. Luckily where I am in Huelva, all is calm and it has been quite mild. Think it's going to rain tomorrow though.
Also near Sevilla and according to friends in Chiclana we are getting away lightly compared to the northern and eastern parts of spain. So far 6 dead from storms yesterday but if we didn't watch the news we wouldn't know how bad it is up country.

Fraid reports from Denia area talk of roof tiles being ripped off in past day.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Also near Sevilla and according to friends in Chiclana we are getting away lightly compared to the northern and eastern parts of spain. So far 6 dead from storms yesterday but if we didn't watch the news we wouldn't know how bad it is up country.

My fence blown down and numerous places around here with tiles off the roofs, 3 kids killed in Barcelona when a sports centre roof collapsed
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by El Capitan

It definitely seems a world away here. Watching the news has been a very surreal experience this winter. The last week or so was rather cold by Huelva and Seville standards (coldest in over 50 years), but so far we've been spared the really bad weather. Let's just hope noone's house from this forum has been damaged.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
My fence blown down and numerous places around here with tiles off the roofs, 3 kids killed in Barcelona when a sports centre roof collapsed
Unfortunately Mitzy, it looks like four kids have died and of the injured one is in a very serious condition.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:07 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arko
Unfortunately Mitzy, it looks like four kids have died and of the injured one is in a very serious condition.
Oh dear, obviously worse than first thought

Its been 5 days tomorrow since this started
Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:09 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Javea we spent part of the day with all the persianas down because of flying roof tiles

some actually did fly into our open galeria - just missing one of the bedroom windows before we pulled the persianas down- good job the cat wasn't out there 'doing her business' - she was freaked out enough as it was

I haven't been on the roof yet to see what damage there is - still way too windy - but judging by the amount of terracotta on the ground I'm glad I don't live on the top floor & hope it doesn't rain soon (for those that do)

in the garden of the ground floor flat their huge garden table was just lifted up & dropped again - leaving it wrecked

a tree opposite has almost been uprooted & has lost at least one big branch which we saw flying down the road when we peeped out for a while

Oh - and I don't live anywhere remotely remote - if you see what I mean - we're in the middle of the port!

wind still gusting around the 55km/h mark & temp has dropped to about 13 degrees

yesterday the wind was gusting up to around 90km/h but it was much warmer at 22 degrees even at 7am!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:40 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Hondón Valley has been bad (Near Alicante). High Winds, no rain, been terrible for a few days, but worse yesterday.... broken tiles, fences down, garden furniture all over, pots smashed, etc... We had no Electricity for nearly 24 hours !! So last night it a candles, which was quite romantic (despite the howling gales outside).

But this morning very quiet and the pool is as still as still can be! I hope it's now gone and the Sunshine is back.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 6:07 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
Hondón Valley has been bad (Near Alicante). High Winds, no rain, been terrible for a few days, but worse yesterday.... broken tiles, fences down, garden furniture all over, pots smashed, etc... We had no Electricity for nearly 24 hours !! So last night it a candles, which was quite romantic (despite the howling gales outside).

But this morning very quiet and the pool is as still as still can be! I hope it's now gone and the Sunshine is back.
don't hold your breath!

that's what I thought when I first got up - nice & peaceful

but the wind's up around 70km/h again

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the schools are shut tomorrow

Last edited by lynnxa; Jan 25th 2009 at 6:16 am.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 7:57 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
Oh - and I don't live anywhere remotely remote - if you see what I mean - we're in the middle of the port!
Well, if you WILL choose to live in a lighthouse, what do you expect?
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:01 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Well, if you WILL choose to live in a lighthouse, what do you expect?
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:02 am
Senior Moment

You'll all be saddened to know that the erection has suffered damage in the winds, and one of the retaining wires has broken so the roofing is flapping about a bit. No tiles lost, wind is a little less but still gusting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.