Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

whats the average yearly salary

whats the average yearly salary

Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:42 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of
Default whats the average yearly salary

hi there gang i was just wondering what the average yearly salary is for some one working in spain ? i know its no where near yearly salaries in the UK !
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:55 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats the average yearly salary

Originally Posted by pjj
hi there gang i was just wondering what the average yearly salary is for some one working in spain ? i know its no where near yearly salaries in the UK !
I was lead to believe it was 13000 euros
Old Feb 15th 2007, 6:18 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
This link may be of some help

http://www.justlanded.com/english/sp...e/jobs/working
Old Feb 15th 2007, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

In 2004 it was around 20,000 euro, so if you work on around 21k - 22k that won't be far off the mark, typically for a 38.5 hour week.
Though in the tourist areas such as the Costa del Sol the average comes down to around 13 - 14K - probably due to the bulk of jobs being relatively unskilled.
Typically in real (relative) terms if you live and work in Spain you will feel around 10% worse off than if you lived and worked in the UK in the same occupation.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 6:27 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well thats three different answers in three posts ..... maybe we should take an average
Old Feb 15th 2007, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Sort of an average average?

Though from MnMs link, I struggle to see how an average can range by 50%, that would mean the lower average could be only 60% of the "average" - conversely the upper average is a whopping 150% of the "average"

Statistics!!!!!!!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 6:59 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Sort of an average average?

Though from MnMs link, I struggle to see how an average can range by 50%, that would mean the lower average could be only 60% of the "average" - conversely the upper average is a whopping 150% of the "average"

Statistics!!!!!!!
Fred James told me it was abt 13k and I always believe Fred
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

13K euro seems VERY low? about half the UK average? (Just Beckhams salary divided by the population would give an average of 50 cents!!!!)

It was the EU database that said £20K, but maybe if I knew Fred, I'd believe him too??
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:17 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Fred James told me it was abt 13k and I always believe Fred
With a name like Fred, he must be trustworthy
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by pjj
The average salary is stated on the forum is around 1200 Euros I am informed!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:52 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by MnM
With a name like Fred, he must be trustworthy

Fred James .... Fred thats posting on here all the time about pensions and tax
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by leighbloke
In 2004 it was around 20,000 euro, so if you work on around 21k - 22k that won't be far off the mark, typically for a 38.5 hour week.
Though in the tourist areas such as the Costa del Sol the average comes down to around 13 - 14K - probably due to the bulk of jobs being relatively unskilled.
Typically in real (relative) terms if you live and work in Spain you will feel around 10% worse off than if you lived and worked in the UK in the same occupation.
Talking rubbish I have worked in spain and do not know anyone earning above 20000 E as a semi pro worker?
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Impish will become famous soon enoughMr Impish will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vox populia
The average salary is stated on the forum is around 1200 Euros I am informed!
I know wages are low but 1200 Euros?

I'd say 12,000 to 13,000 Euros would be a fair estimate. Obviously higher in Madrid and the like.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Around here skilled tradesmen. Plumbers, plasterers, sparkies etc are paid about €7 /hr.
Unskilled workers, labourers, olive workers etc get around €5-€5.50/hr.
There are also Plenty of other workers in Spain on the minimum monthly wage, which I believe increased last month to €570.00 gross for full-time adult employees, aged 23+

ps
The minimum wage in the UK works out at €1,380.54/ month (figures based on a 40hr working week)

Last edited by big wheels; Feb 15th 2007 at 10:01 pm. Reason: ps added
Old Feb 15th 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vox populia
Talking rubbish I have worked in spain and do not know anyone earning above 20000 E as a semi pro worker?
I maybe talking rubbish in your opinion, but I was only passing on information I'd come across elsewhere, and though you may know nobody on over 20K I seriously doubt you know enough people in enough varied occupations in a sufficiently wide geographical range to proffer this info as fact - I, for instance, have never met, or heard of anyone meeting, anybody with 1.8 children, yet this is the average number of children in a married household in the UK.

according to this :-

http://www.kayttotieto.fi/pdf/wages.pdf

Salary ranges (In Euros) for differing occupations seem to be from around 18k to 30k, nurses, who generally earn around the average in the UK, earn about 20k in Spain.

From my albeit limited, experience of Spain, I would find it incredible if the average was much less than around the 20k mark, there doesn't appear to be such a significant difference in the cost of living, and the taxation levels seem to be around the same, maybe a little higher with the provincial tax? so how would (do) people survive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.