Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

What you're missing

What you're missing

Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What you're missing

You'll be happy to know that if your car gets stolen in the UK now, if the Police find it they will be charging you to recover and fingerprint it ....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1654994.ece
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future
Default Re: What you're missing

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You'll be happy to know that if your car gets stolen in the UK now, if the Police find it they will be charging you to recover and fingerprint it ....

Next time they want anyone to come forward about a crime being commited.
Tell them, "yes I saw it, but it will cost you £100 for the information though"
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to say that this is not that new as far as being newsworthy is concerned.
For years if you have had your car stolen you will be asked, when reporting it to the police, what compound you want it recovered to when/should it be found. You will be given a choice, and that choice has a cost implication.

ps mitsyboy, i know it's me but that link doesnk work past the times "header"
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:01 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeeeeeeez this country is getting worse by the day what the hell are we paying all these taxes for,the bl***y car Tax has just gone up,ours will be £400 just for one of them,what are we getting back for all the tax and stealth tax,naff all,and now they want to put this cost onto an innocent victim,get me out of here ,it really infuriates me
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:15 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BriscasBetterHalf
Next time they want anyone to come forward about a crime being commited.
Tell them, "yes I saw it, but it will cost you £100 for the information though"
Hello BriscasbetterHalf,I just noticed you on here,mind you Im not here much myself,like Brisca I just pop in now and again,in between cleaning the windows Welcome,nice to see you pop in
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:41 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jandy44
Jeeeeeeez this country is getting worse by the day what the hell are we paying all these taxes for,the bl***y car Tax has just gone up,ours will be £400 just for one of them,what are we getting back for all the tax and stealth tax,naff all,and now they want to put this cost onto an innocent victim,get me out of here ,it really infuriates me
What I find strange here is the fact that car tax varies from area to area. Just had our letter requesting 44.30€ for a year. Amazing.

Not posting this to rub it in, it is just that I am so shocked.

Rosemary
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 1:31 pm
Young at heart

Red face Re: What you're missing

Originally Posted by The Oddities
What I find strange here is the fact that car tax varies from area to area. Just had our letter requesting 44.30€ for a year. Amazing.

Rosemary
Shocked Rosemary,you would be if you lived here,it just gets worse,our council tax is over £100 a month,and what do they do,empty the bin once a week,and now they are talking of only emptying them once a fortnight in some areas and if that isnt enough they are going to charge a stealth tax if we dont recycle properly.Not to mention if you leave the bin out for to long they are on about putting a charge on for that.We are just being ripped off left right and centre It just goes on and on,I mean we have two cars and pay all that tax,if thats not enough they are going to introduce a tax for using the roads,already are in some areas.Hey and you will not believe this ,but to get a policeman to keep a eye on our village,they may have a drive round now and again,we have to pay for it on top of what we already pay They would charge us for the air we breath if they could get away with it.Well thats my gripe for one day.Cheers,happy motoring
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future

Hello BriscasbetterHalf,I just noticed you on here,mind you Im not here much myself,like Brisca I just pop in now and again,in between cleaning the windows Welcome,nice to see you pop in
Thx for the welcome Jandy.
After Sam hijacked my user name I need reincarnating.
I’m usually lurking about in the background somewhere.
Sam’s out doing her rambling today so its peace and quiet for me and my little girl!
You good at cleaning windows? You can do ours anytime; Sam will do your ironing in return.
Catch you again!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Shocked Rosemary,you would be if you lived here,it just gets worse,our council tax is over £100 a month,and what do they do,empty the bin once a week,and now they are talking of only emptying them once a fortnight in some areas and if that isnt enough they are going to charge a stealth tax if we dont recycle properly.Not to mention if you leave the bin out for to long they are on about putting a charge on for that.We are just being ripped off left right and centre It just goes on and on,I mean we have two cars and pay all that tax,if thats not enough they are going to introduce a tax for using the roads,already are in some areas.Hey and you will not believe this ,but to get a policeman to keep a eye on our village,they may have a drive round now and again,we have to pay for it on top of what we already pay They would charge us for the air we breath if they could get away with it.Well thats my gripe for one day.Cheers,happy motoring

my council tax is double yours and my bins are emptied every other week.
I just came back from my second trip to the tip to dump household rubbish rather than have the flies in the bin.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:59 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by BriscasBetterHalf
Thx for the welcome Jandy.
After Sam hijacked my user name I need reincarnating.
I’m usually lurking about in the background somewhere.
Sam’s out doing her rambling today so its peace and quiet for me and my little girl!
You good at cleaning windows? You can do ours anytime; Sam will do your ironing in return.
Catch you again!
I tell you what,that is a really good idea,I hate ironing clean windows anytime,mind you if the water is off may take a while
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 3:02 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
my council tax is double yours and my bins are emptied every other week.
I just came back from my second trip to the tip to dump household rubbish rather than have the flies in the bin.
Disgusting
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:33 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: What you're missing

Hi all!
Isn't it infuriating what they charge you for and how innovotive they are in contriving new ways of bleeding you even more! We live in a semi rural area, and the roads are absolutely appauling! WHEN the resurface (which is about every 7 years, all the do is spray tar on the already crumbling road and then shovel hundreds of tonnes of grit on it! You would not believe the mess it makes for weeks after. It hasn't been done for years now, and all the edges are falling away, as they don't surface enough of the road. In some places, the road marking are in the dirt. My son's girlfriend was dragged off the road the other week, as when it rains, it just looks like a puddle. It pulled her right off the road and she burst 2 tyres! Thanks God no one was hurt but it shows how dangerous it is. There is quite a long stretch on one side for about 15 feet or so which must be about 5 or 6 inches deep!
But hey, not to worry because we have now got two community police officers on shiny new push bikes holding the traffic up because no one will overtake them! What do we need community police officers around here for? Don't know, there is never any trouble around this immediate area! Shame they didn't put the money to better use!
I just wonder how many pensioners are starving or going without heating to pay for them! The money has to come from some other budget doesn't it! :curse:
Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:16 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Rosemary
ohhhhh expensive car, mine was 7 euros less..
Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
ohhhhh expensive car, mine was 7 euros less..
Does it make a difference what car it is?

I did not realise.

I only have a Ford Fiesta Diesel.

Rosemary
Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:28 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Does it make a difference what car it is?

I did not realise.

I only have a Ford Fiesta Diesel.

Rosemary
Yes, smaller cars, less tax, bigger and for of a gas guzzler, you pay more, but thre are a lot more bands in Spain. Mines just a Renault Clio diesel, but hey.. it gets me from A to B.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.