Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

what are you missing?

what are you missing?

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 7:57 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default what are you missing?

Thanks mitzyboy...I thought this was what you meant!

so, what do you miss from the UK now that you live here in Spain?

I miss Bisto Granules....sad, I know, but can't find a spanish equivalent!

You can buy them, but I resent paying the extortionate price - whenever anyone is popping over there, or coming here for a visit, they laugh when I ask for a couple of giant tubs!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 8:10 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what are you missing?

Originally Posted by lynnxa

You can buy them, but I resent paying the extortionate price - whenever anyone is popping over there, or coming here for a visit, they laugh when I ask for a couple of giant tubs!
I struggle with the clothes over here. I am a size 12 and I cant get anything to fit So I miss Next and M&S and will be in there a week on Friday having a big spending spree
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

There is a Marks and Spencer in Seville which isn't too far away from you.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
There is a Marks and Spencer in Seville which isn't too far away from you.
I am gutted, I never knew that!! I have been to Seville a few times and havent come across it. Can you let me know where abouts in Seville it is?
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
I struggle with the clothes over here. I am a size 12 and I cant get anything to fit So I miss Next and M&S and will be in there a week on Friday having a big spending spree
I'm the other way can only shop in Evans!!! No comments from you lot please!! Mind you though I do notice that because of my boobs I am quite often the topic of conversation among the locals and an awful lot of head swiveling. Next time I am going to lift my T shirt up like the lass in the Malteser advert!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:04 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
I'm the other way can only shop in Evans!!! No comments from you lot please!! Mind you though I do notice that because of my boobs I am quite often the topic of conversation among the locals and an awful lot of head swiveling. Next time I am going to lift my T shirt up like the lass in the Malteser advert!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a similar problem......have you not been to the big shopping centres in Murcia, where Ikea is?

It's worth the trip....there is a C&A by Ikea, & a Primark in the big centre the other side of the motorway.........both do up to about a 22, and lots of other shops too
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:09 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi Sue

I too have this problem being an Evens shopper, although I have found two C&A shops and I can just squeeze in to their XL (not sure now I have the winter lbs added). I have found a webb site for the larger lady that do really nice bras so I'm very happy, postage can be expensive but I think it is worth it.

My butcher loves me , I bring a smile to his face, he even stops serving and tells his son to carry on just so he can give me his extra attention, old boy I worry he will keel over with his excitement

There just one thing I can't find here and that is Black Cohosh, herbal I take it for senior lady problems, so I always have to ask peeps to bring it over with them.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:12 pm

I have a similar problem......have you not been to the big shopping centres in Murcia, where Ikea is?

It's worth the trip....there is a C&A by Ikea, & a Primark in the big centre the other side of the motorway.........both do up to about a 22, and lots of other shops too
Oh I wish I lived there, big ladies shops are few and far between here, when I do find them I have trouble with the length, Spanish ladies in this area tend to be on the short side, opposite to me.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Got a feeling girlies that I am bigger than all of you put together!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:22 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

You are going to hate me for this - but I have three tubs (bought two tubs BOGOF at Morrisons)
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:23 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly don't miss anything other than friends and family. Quite happily adapted to the Spanish cuisine, shoes here are far better than in the UK, clothes also better, weathers better etc etc I could go on
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:52 pm

Got a feeling girlies that I am bigger than all of you put together!
I was lying when I said XL......
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by crispygirl
I was lying when I said XL......
Found a shop in Benidorm that does XXXXL. Only tops though but they fit!!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:22 pm

Found a shop in Benidorm that does XXXXL. Only tops though but they fit!!!!
I have dreadful trouble with tops, I am a J cup and life is not easy believe me.

Benidorn, to far to go, I went to Gib last week and I have to say Evans had some really good tops in there but I was being good that day and did not buy.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:26 pm

Hey Crispy I was wondering where you were this morning. I found your thread on the lounge which I was tittering away at as I was reading it Just got back from a long long boozy lunch in Portugal and noticed you were discussing Evans. I am not sure where you are all living, but there is an Evans in Sevilla. Its in the shopping centre next to Ikea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.